• Yes, arrivals from some countries should face quarantine

Votes: 50 9.6%
  • Yes, arrivals from all countries should face quarantine

Votes: 457 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread 80!
no holiday abroad but you can visit a shiny new thread šŸ™‚

you can also meet more than one person and drink your coffee whilst sitting on you ass here.

youā€™re welcome šŸ™‚

• Haha
Reactions: 22
With Boris and Gavin Williamson at the helm of these important decisions what could possibly go wrong. They need to rename 10. Downing Street the Big Top, where all the bleeping clowns are hanging out at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Added a poll as the gov is apparently split on whether all countries or only some high risk countries should face a strict quarantine

Reactions: 5
Added a poll as the gov is apparently split on whether all countries or only some high risk countries should face a strict quarantine
This is a good poll, would be interested to see what others think . I firmly believe in quarantine from everywhere, if nothing else just easier to manage but also what would happen if one day later a country is on the "at risk" list but loads of people came in just before? I think countries like South Korea and Australia who have done this have fared much better because of it

Reactions: 11
If you choose not to have a child or end up not having one you face criticism all your life (usually from smug mothers).

now we are excluded from any form of a life or as a factor in the decision making.

why is it that men that choose not to have kids are still seen as a catch?

I am not feeling sorry for myself - Iā€™ m fine without kids right now BUT I do want to be considered. I do want to go out again. I never thought this privilege would become a burden.

send the kids back to school and open up the restaurants at the same time - when safe to do so.
There shouldnā€™t be a hierarchy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
sure Kent wasnā€™t high risk before it was high risk šŸ˜‚ how do they predict where a new ā€œmutantā€œ strain might start

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I read this poll as being about quarantining animals at first and thought, ā€œblimey I havenā€™t even considered this!ā€ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If you choose not to have a child or end up not having one you face criticism all your life (usually from smug mothers).

now we are excluded from any form of a life or as a factor in the decision making.

why is it that men that choose not to have kids are still seen as a catch?

I am not feeling sorry for myself - Iā€™ m fine without kids right now BUT I do want to be considered. I do want to go out again. I never thought this privilege would become a burden.

send the kids back to school and open up the restaurants at the same time - when safe to do so.
There shouldnā€™t be a hierarchy.
You are being considered just as much as everyone else, kids or no kids. It isn't as if childless people are banned from restaurants but people with kids are allowed to go for meals out. What are parents getting right now over anyone without kids? Everyone is under the same restrictions.

I don't see the constant need to pit categories of people against each other.

Reactions: 20
I don't see whether or not somebody has kids is so relevant to the lockdown. People with kids and without both used to visit gyms / hospitality/ leisure etc. Obviously people had different lifestyles but everyone is missing out on them now.

All adults now had the chance of a stable education, it has been disrupted for children at school now.

Everyone, parent or not , is, in the future going to need the professional services of people who are still at school now . This is why school is important

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Wild idea, but maybe families should holiday in their own country while there's a pandemic :rolleyes:

1611594522125.png

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Matt Hancock telling us the new variant is between 30% and 70% more contagious. Narrow it down a bit Matt canā€˜t you.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Of course just my opinion but I donā€™t think anyone is going to complain if we impose the travel quarantine rule and it ends up not actually being needed rather than we act late - cases skyrocket - hospitals get more full.
I mean Iā€™d much rather now at least try a different tactic - slightly overreact than completely not act at all.

Reactions: 10
I completely agree there should be tougher border controls to prevent the spread. But from a personal and probably selfish perspective as a person living abroad I havenā€™t seen any of my family since December 2019 and with this mandatory and likely expensive hotel quarantine I probably wonā€™t be able to see them this year either šŸ˜„

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Of course just my opinion but I donā€™t think anyone is going to complain if we impose the travel quarantine rule and it ends up not actually being needed rather than we act late - cases skyrocket - hospitals get more full.
I mean Iā€™d much rather now at least try a different tactic - slightly overreact than completely not act at all.
Rather than act late? I wouldn't exactly call implementing a policy like this 12 months into a pandemic as quick acting! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Matt is worse than Boris. Waffle waffle waffle. I know heā€™s had a weeks isolating but Jeez heā€™s dreadful.

Reactions: 5
I returned from a 6 week stay in South Africa yesterday (currently self isolating for 10 days), and I made damned sure that I followed all the rules, regulations, certificates and sworn declarations that were needed to leave South Africa, to enter France and to enter the UK.

And yet, both at Johannesburg and CDG airports in Paris, I saw passengers arguing the toss with airline and security staff that they didn't have the correct documentations but insisted they should be allowed to fly.

Moreover, on both planes I saw some passengers removing their masks and arguing with the stewards and other passengers.

What happened to them when they reached T2 at Heathrow I really don't know (a fine perhaps?) But both flights were extremely stressful because of their idiotic attitudes and lack of following requirements in terms of documentation.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I completely agree there should be tougher border controls to prevent the spread. But from a personal and probably selfish perspective as a person living abroad I havenā€™t seen any of my family since December 2019 and with this mandatory and likely expensive hotel quarantine I probably wonā€™t be able to see them this year either šŸ˜„
My SIL was meant to come last year for my wedding and then postponed to this year , Iā€™m grateful for the border controls now means will be another year before she can come over šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.