Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t wipe down my shopping or post, I never have. Time consuming for me. I’d sooner wash my hands properly after handling things. To each their own though.
I’m the same , never been one of those to do it since March . Tbf I’m more of risk getting it from covid patients than a bottle of pop from Tesco’s

Reactions: 5
Good news on the ovarian cancer front today a major breakthrough in treatment, my sister lost her MIL to it 2 yrs ago she was only in her 50s it’s a cruel disease x
Ive just seen this, and just saw that news too its amazing news. My mum was dead within months of finding out she had it, it's scary that it grows with very little symptoms until its too late. Anything that helps people with it is the best news ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ive just seen this, and just saw that news too its amazing news. My mum was dead within months of finding out she had it, it's scary that it grows with very little symptoms until its too late. Anything that helps people with it is the best news ever.
Yes it's fantastic news it was the same for the person I mentioned very quick ,she was always really fit and kept herself well it was a massive shock at the time from a simple ache in her side to that diagnosis it's great to see a breakthrough at last x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve got the brca1 gene so always glad to see any kind of breakthrough. I need to have preventative surgery but they don’t like to do it before age 40 for ovaries.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I’ve got the brca1 gene so always glad to see any kind of breakthrough. I need to have preventative surgery but they don’t like to do it before age 40 for ovaries.
We don't have the family history for breast and ovarian (my mums aunt had breast cancer but she's too far a relation away for them to consider her, but now there is a possible link between ovarian and prostrate and my mums brother had prostrate cancer. We are waiti g to hear back from the genetics people as to whether they will test us or not. I have asked to have my ovaries taken out but they said no.

Sorry I'm taking this off topic.

Reactions: 2
So I asked earlier about test results. Shouldn't have worried - toddler's came through in 12 hours! Surely a record?! Negative thankfully.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Not too far from where we are now .
it's a scary thought. I'm due to go on the second half of my work placement year and it's abroad but I have to go back to the UK first. I'm starting to get concerned. It is actually classed as essential travel but that doesn't guarantee much.

Reactions: 1
genuine question, where do we think we'll be by march?
I think if the vaccine schedule stays on track then either by or during March kids will go back to school.

If numbers continue to fall due to lockdown and vaccine stays on track, then kids in school is top priority for everyone.

Potentially a return to a tier system.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
it's a scary thought. I'm due to go on the second half of my work placement year and it's abroad but I have to go back to the UK first. I'm starting to get concerned. It is actually classed as essential travel but that doesn't guarantee much.
Whatever has got them on their toes must be big for them to close the borders maybe things will be clearer nearer the time they've already said NI restrictions are unlikely to be lifted next month ,everything is so up in the air 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Whatever has got them on their toes must be big for them to close the borders maybe things will be clearer nearer the time they've already said NI restrictions are unlikely to be lifted next month ,everything is so up in the air 🤷‍♀️
my guess is that they're shutting the borders to make sure the vaccine is as effective as it can be. We can't be sure how it'l work with new strains etc so if we shut the borders and stop new strains from coming in we have a fighting chance as we're vaccinating more than we're exposing maybe?

Reactions: 11
my guess is that they're shutting the borders to make sure the vaccine is as effective as it can be. We can't be sure how it'l work with new strains etc so if we shut the borders and stop new strains from coming in we have a fighting chance as we're vaccinating more than we're exposing maybe?
Also correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t they just removed the travel corridors? Not shut the borders completely?

you can still get here you just have to isolate? Flights are only banned from specific countries.

Reactions: 9
Also correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t they just removed the travel corridors? Not shut the borders completely?

you can still get here you just have to isolate? Flights are only banned from specific countries.
yeah and everyone coming in needs a negative test which wasn't the case before. You could just fly in and isolate

Reactions: 4
yeah and everyone coming in needs a negative test which wasn't the case before. You could just fly in and isolate
Yeah so it’s just like lockdown 1 before the corridors were introduced but now we have enough tests that people have to produce a negative. And I think can pay to test to cut their isolation down I heard too?(on day 5?)

I agree, I don’t think it’s an indication that there’s anything more serious than what you have said about not wanting new strains whilst they are ahead with the vaccine.

Reactions: 4
My daughter is doing her GCSES and she asked me tonight when school will open again. I felt terrible because I couldn’t say. She admitted she’s struggling this time, she learns better in a classroom. This week she found out she got an A* in her Macbeth NEA I think it was called. I told her how proud we are and she’s doing amazing but she said ‘yes but low end of an A* I’d have got higher in the bracket if in school’. She’s so hard on herself and a real perfectionist. She’s finding it stressful not being in school and hates the online learning. She said last time she returned to school she felt she had lost a lot of her ability but at parents evening we were told she’s still aiming for high grades and it’s just her being too hard on herself. Last time they were off school for months she developed anxiety when she went back and she had only just settled again and anxiety attacks in school had stopped, now this. Bless her heart. I really feel for children going through this, especially at this crucial age.
Would it reassure her that examiners and exam boards are taking into account the struggles that they're facing and that every kid in the country is dealing with it as well? I hope they do get to back soon when it's safe for them. The upheaval is not fair on them at all!

Reactions: 6
It'll just be a waiting game to see how well the vaccines work remember they're back to square one if one of the variants renders them useless they have to start vaccing all over again they can't change the current one's, but even then if they lift the restrictions people still have to follow the guidance so it's up to " Joe public" how well they behave and how many steps forward they can take.

It'll just be a waiting game to see how well the vaccines work remember they're back to square one if one of the variants renders them useless they have to start vaccing all over again they can't change the current one's, but even then if they lift the restrictions people still have to follow the guidance so it's up to " Joe public" how well they behave and how many steps forward they can take.
it's stressful for sure. It's like a weird Russian roulette version of whack-a-mole. You just never know when or what will pop up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.