Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This experience has taught me who matters.

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
Tbf that’s a bit harsh
When you’re constantly surrounded by it at work and it’s all that you see and hear every day for 10 hours a day , it’s the last thing you wanna talk about when you get home

when I walk through the doors at the hospital to go home , I try to leave it behind until I’m back there the next day because you have to try and wind down otherwise it will consume you

Reactions: 13
If the hospitalisations drop to a level where the NHS is no longer at risk of being overwhelmed (this would be after phase one completes plus lag so not until May) then I see no reason they would continue with restrictions. Certainly nothing like lockdown.

We will never get to zero hospitalisations or deaths, it will never happen. They have said it’s when the risk reaches an acceptable level.

If the vaccine is effective there is no reason to believe things are not going to improve relatively soon.

Even Whitty said if vaccine is effective in reducing hospitalisations and severe disease then worst case scenario we need some minor restrictions next winter but nothing compared to what we are facing now.
I needed this tonight. I was on a doom and gloom feeling like this would never end

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had my Pfizer first dose. Felt like I'd been shot in my arm the next day and arm was hot to touch. Had some mild body aches, headache and foggy head but nothing a bit of paracetamol can't fix. I've heard the second dose is meant to be worse, but so far no complaints.

Reactions: 17
Had my Pfizer first dose. Felt like I'd been shot in my arm the next day and arm was hot to touch. Had some mild body aches, headache and foggy head but nothing a bit of paracetamol can't fix. I've heard the second dose is meant to be worse, but so far no complaints.
I’m due mine Monday and was feeling nervous. Thanks for the info 😊

Reactions: 2
I’m due mine Monday and was feeling nervous. Thanks for the info 😊
Everyone I know who has had it says the arm pain is the worst bit and only about half have said they felt a bit flu-y after. They are really chucking them out rapidly now. I feel confident they will get through everyone quicker than predicted.

Reactions: 10
I’m honestly more scared of the needle than the vaccine 💉

keep forgetting it has to be injected and being like ‘omg vaccinate me NOW’ when in reality if they come near me with the needle I will probs vomit 🙃😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

keep forgetting it has to be injected and being like ‘omg vaccinate me NOW’ when in reality if they come near me with the needle I will probs vomit 🙃😂
They are really good with scared people. My colleague faints around needles and had a full on panic attack getting hers but they were wonderful with her. Just let them know you are nervous and they'll help you through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
They are really good with scared people. My colleague faints around needles and had a full on panic attack getting hers but they were wonderful with her. Just let them know you are nervous and they'll help you through it.
That’s good to hear, I’ll mention it, I’m sure they’ll be lovely and it won’t stop me getting it when I’m eventually offered 🙂

Reactions: 2
In regards to having a sore arm after the jab, when me and my friends at uni all had to have ours we found if you swing your arm and basically move it around loads after you have it, it doesn’t hurt so bad the next day 😂 Any nurses please tell me if this isn’t advisable! We’d always walk home doing circles with our arms the whole way!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In regards to having a sore arm after the jab, when me and my friends at uni all had to have ours we found if you swing your arm and basically move it around loads after you have it, it doesn’t hurt so bad the next day 😂 Any nurses please tell me if this isn’t advisable! We’d always walk home doing circles with our arms the whole way!
The mental image of this! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I had covid in March. It was horrific. Felt like I had ten stone sitting on my chest. Fainted twice from SOB. My breathe still doesn't feel normal but I had a colleague test me in our pulmonary lab and I was fine. So bizzare its almost a bit like anxiety about it ? Like its in my head ?

I am a frontline worker. Where I live was fine from July until Christmas. And since Christmas we have lost the plot. Thousands of cases daily. So many people had parties etc over December here. A HCA I knew very well for years got it a week before her death on Christmas Eve.

Its just so draining mentally and physically. Even on days where its quieter.. just that sad feeling 24/7 in the hospital and I'm in Pathology. Even getting my vaccine within next two weeks doesnt feel like it changes anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

I see your vomit and raise you, a full on faint.

Not even scared of needles, still can’t have one without fainting fully out cold. I now have to lay down before they jab me, and if I’m having a blood test, depending on the hospital, I have to do it on the kids bed in the back :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow

Not even scared of needles, still can’t have one without fainting fully out cold. I now have to lay down before they jab me, and if I’m having a blood test, depending on the hospital, I have to do it on the kids bed in the back :rolleyes:
Oh a blood test is a whole different ball game, don’t even get me started on a cannula and when they put the thing round your arm and tap it like they do in films 🤮🤮🤮 disgusting.

That sounds awful though, I’ve never actually fainted during so that would be scary 😩 least they get you a bed though!

....maybe they’ll invent a nose one before we’re due it? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had my first check up (via phone for obvious reasons) for my Crohn’s Disease today since diagnosis. I am somewhat of a medical miracle according to my Consultant. They have no understanding of why I am feeling so “well” considering how aggressive my disease first presented. They would have expected me to have been prescribed double the amount of immunosuppressive medicine by now and also be on vitamin infusions. I have also been told that the likelihood of me ending up with a bag is unlikely because of where my Crohn’s is located. Someone must be looking out for me up there. 😇💖 Some positive news in an otherwise crappy world!

However, they do want me to have an MRI scan as I have a small hole in my small intestine. I guess they want to see whether it’s changed size etc. I’m not sure how I feel about going to a hospital at the moment...I am hoping I get my jab before the appointment happens (as I’ve been shielding due to being extremely clinically vulnerable).

• Heart
Reactions: 25

I'm a fainter with blood tests, just the thought makes me go light headed

Oh a blood test is a whole different ball game, don’t even get me started on a cannula and when they put the thing round your arm and tap it like they do in films 🤮🤮🤮 disgusting.

That sounds awful though, I’ve never actually fainted during so that would be scary 😩 least they get you a bed though!

....maybe they’ll invent a nose one before we’re due it? 😂
I was fine as a kid with needles. I don’t like blood so when I went for my first blood test at 16/17 I made the fatal error of looking at the blood in the vials and that was it. I’ve fainted ever since. I think it’s a mental block now. When I went for my vaccines for work, I needed a course of them from my dr surgery, the nurse in the end had the fan on pointing at the bed before I even entered the room 😂

As a young woman I’m majorly low on the list😂 I’m not even entitled to a left hand jab let alone a COVID one 😂

• Haha
I was fine as a kid with needles. I don’t like blood so when I went for my first blood test at 16/17 I made the fatal error of looking at the blood in the vials and that was it. I’ve fainted ever since. I think it’s a mental block now. When I went for my vaccines for work, I needed a course of them from my dr surgery, the nurse in the end had the fan on pointing at the bed before I even entered the room 😂
This happened to me when I was pregnant, she had the fan and bed ready 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.