Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Mum is having a COVID test on Monday as the school she works at is demanding all staff have one...my question is...why did they allow all the staff to go in for 2 weeks before doing this?! Not sure if it’s just my local area this has happened...but wow what a mess up. :oops:

Reactions: 4
me too! This has only happened as an adult, when I was 18, I was in the NHS, learning to take blood and practising on myself (collapsing my own veins 😅). I also have 2 tattoos!

It’s like I hit 25 and developed a phobia, now nurses at blood tests are always like ‘but you have tattoos so you must be fine!’ Nope 😅🤷🏻‍♀️

(Also tattoos are not really the same anyway)
What do you think caused it? I had a tattoo after my fainting episode and I can confirm they are completely different, but I suppose my issue isn't the needle 😂 I doubt I'll ever be on the list for a vaccine so at least I don't have to worry about it:ROFLMAO:

There's a thing going on fb around saying the Centre for Life in Newcastle is asking people with appointments for today to rearrange them due to the icy weather. Not sure how legit it is.

This experience has taught me who matters.

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
The friend may choose to dump you. Many people don't want to take work home with them. When they aren't at work they want to relax and forget about it. No doubt more so being in the medical profession all things considered. Respect their wishes and be supportive of them.

Reactions: 3
This experience has taught me who matters.

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
You can probably find answers to your questions on news sites though, save your friend all the bother of talking it through.

Reactions: 5
What is there to discuss? I retired from nursing on health grounds, my wife retired after 40 years nursing but went back to mental health nursing in March, our daughter is a charge nurse on a 'hot ward' and really after a 12 hour shift they don't particularly want to talk about C19, they want to put their feet up and have a glass of wine. What information does she have that you can't find on Google? Or do you just want the details of how many people died that day or how many are gasping for breath? How many were vaccinated ? You need to grow up and support her, its very likely she needs more support than you.
She isn’t a nurse or on the covid ward. She helps out on 1 day with the jabs.

Does it hurt so much due to it being stored at such low temperatures?

So there is a new variety in the uk , Sa and now Brazil. I think shortly there will be reports of new variants in Asia and the Us. To me , this sounds promising in a way like the pandemic is moving to a more contagious but less deadly stage . Perhaps in another 10 months or so there will be a further wave ( for want of a better word ) that causes fewer ill effects, either due to the virus itself becoming weaker or the population developing a degree of immunity. It is my understanding that this is the kind of path that the Spanish flu pandemic followed.

Also , it's interesting that these new strains have been found in South Africa and Brazil, as in the southern hemisphere, they are in their summer months.
One of the scientists said it's a nightmare this is happening not so much the transmissability they're causing but that similar variants are popping up around the world it means the virus is already evolving and they need to contain the spread asap otherwise the vaccines could be rendered useless and they'll never be able to keep on top of it .

Our high school used to do this. We had to line up for our BCG injection. I remember being so anxious seeing everyone else’s fear over getting it, up until I got it myself. I remember saying to the lady, “is that it?” Never been scared of needles since.
They always used to go in alphabetical order at my school too and I was like 3rd to last 😫

She isn’t a nurse or on the covid ward. She helps out on 1 day with the jabs.
It is still her choice when it comes to discussing the pandemic in detail regularly. If she doesn't want to she doesn't want to.
If you think that is "mean" you need to consider what it would be for you to force a stressful subject on someone who doesn't want to talk about it.

Reactions: 12
Got my cervical screening letter today, glad to see that they are still going ahead! Now got to pluck the courage up to make the appointment 😂
New doctors surgery this time that I've never been in so that adds to the anxiety, plus the obvious (covid) 🙄
The nurse did say last time that I had a lovely cervix though 😂 I was laid there like....errrrm...thanks 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Looks like the TV adverts and posters and lockdown measures still aren't getting through to some people, maybe start locking them up if that's what's necessary to get them to take notice? People sledging 20 at a time all together on the same tarp in Leeds.

I don't know about anywhere else but on my FB people are actively posting the names of the local parks, etc where the police are hanging around. We've had school closures yesterday and today due to the snow so everybody is out sledging. A quick check on FB tells everyone which recereational site the police are at, so everyone piles into another one.

• Angry
  • Wow
I don't know about anywhere else but on my FB people are actively posting the names of the local parks, etc where the police are hanging around. We've had school closures yesterday and today due to the snow so everybody is out sledging. A quick check on FB tells everyone which recereational site the police are at, so everyone piles into another one.
Is sledging banned? Asking for a friend 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It feels like 2021 is another write off. When will life ever feel safe and normal again. What a tit show this is. I thought life began at 40? 😉😟

I really do feel for everyone, this is affecting every single person (other than those who think its a hoax), who would have thought a year on things would be worse. ❤❤❤

Reactions: 11
Certainly not round here! It's the only reliable way to get around at the moment 😂
It snowed quite a lot where I am yesterday and I seriously thought about attaching the sledge to the dogs so I could go get supplies without falling on my backside. The dog wasn't having it and the snow has gone now anyway, so enough crazy ideas for the moment. Ho Hum.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It feels like 2021 is another write off. When will life ever feel safe and normal again. What a tit show this is. I thought life began at 40? 😉😟
It’s terrible that we are already writing off 2021. I wrote it off about a week ago. I can see shops and stuff opening up again but I think we are a very long way away from meeting people in their houses and ditching face masks.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.