Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the NHS would have HAD to have got a bit more techy in the last 11mths. For example I had a physio appointment via video last week. It was such a quick wait for appointment compared to the old face to face ones. It worked quite well I think (hope).

Reactions: 4
The NHS definitely have definitely become a bit more techy in the last 6 months or so, at my trust at least.

For example I am now doing more Pre-Op assessments via teams and we’ve all been given new laptops so we can work from home if needs be e.g self isolation.

Still lots of paper flying about though. Notes everywhere. Drains the life out of me.

Reactions: 3
Rules and laws around the lockdown are being tightened in Scotland from Saturday.

Click and collect is limited to essential services (food, clothes, books, medication), you need a time and you're not allowed inside.

Takeaway services have to be from a hatch or collection point outside, not allowed inside premises.

Alcohol consumption outdoors will become illegal in tier 4.

Employers have stronger demands placed upon them to allow home working (if you were able to last March you should be doing it now).

Only essential trade work allowed inside houses.

Not allowed to be outside except for essential purpose (apparently there was a loop hole in the law where if you went out for something essential you could then stay out to do something non-essential).

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Funny thing is, when you're living in a different country you don't realise just how great it is to have something like the NHS to fall back on.

I know it has its faults, not least not enough frontline people and far too many suits. But despite that it really is an awesome service compared to the hit-and-miss <free> health services you see in some parts of the world, especially here in South Africa

Reactions: 20
Rules and laws around the lockdown are being tightened in Scotland from Saturday.

Click and collect is limited to essential services (food, clothes, books, medication), you need a time and you're not allowed inside.

Takeaway services have to be from a hatch or collection point outside, not allowed inside premises.

Alcohol consumption outdoors will become illegal in tier 4.

Employers have stronger demands placed upon them to allow home working (if you were able to last March you should be doing it now).

Only essential trade work allowed inside houses.

Not allowed to be outside except for essential purpose (apparently there was a loop hole in the law where if you went out for something essential you could then stay out to do something non-essential).
Surely if clothes are included that just means Next etc can stay open for click and collect? Not sure where is gonna close that was doing it previously?

Reactions: 5
Things are getting worse. They are closing coffee shops (so you can order from the front only).

this means they will surely shut again?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Watching Israel with interest. Way to early to suggest this is due to vaccination or any other reason, and no studies yet but still interesting

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Surely if clothes are included that just means Next etc can stay open for click and collect? Not sure where is gonna close that was doing it previously?
Totally. And because it'll be open you could be ordering anything from there and not necessarily something essential. I've no idea if they can somehow limit those sort of stores to only sell from certain categories, otherwise you could just be ordering a candle or something.

Reactions: 3
Totally. And because it'll be open you could be ordering anything from there and not necessarily something essential. I've no idea if they can somehow limit those sort of stores to only sell from certain categories, otherwise you could just be ordering a candle or something.
In lockdown number 1 you wouldn’t believe how many tv’s we were getting delivered each day to our supermarket for click and collect. I mean in my house if the tv broke the kids would have a meltdown, but I can’t see how that many people’s tv’s were suddenly breaking.

We’re only a small store and we were literally overflowing with 55” tvs 😅

Reactions: 1
My 89 year old Nan got her first vaccine yesterday, no side effects! She said her arm is a little achy as you’d expect with any jab but she feels absolutely fine!

Reactions: 20
Lots to be positive about as the government are going to allow 24/7 vaccinations to speed things up and we've vaccinated a bigger percentage of our nation than the rest of Europe put together.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In lockdown number 1 you wouldn’t believe how many tv’s we were getting delivered each day to our supermarket for click and collect. I mean in my house if the tv broke the kids would have a meltdown, but I can’t see how that many people’s tv’s were suddenly breaking.

We’re only a small store and we were literally overflowing with 55” tvs 😅
I mean, all of a sudden whole families were at home 24/7. Needing a separate TV so the kids can connect a console to it rather than using the main one or have their own TV so parents can have a bit of a break in the evenings seems pretty essential!

Reactions: 14
I sadly don’t think it has been exaggerated. I think this variant is more transmissible.
100% agree. My grandparents live in an area that was virtually Covid free before Christmas (had very few cases over a couple of months). Unfortunately they now have the highest rate of new cases in Scotland due to people travelling to the area from higher tiers across the border and bringing the new variant with them. The case numbers have been dreadful. They are reporting that the new variant is responsible for 84% of all new cases in the region and that last week the new case numbers were 6 times higher than they had been at the end of the previous week. Four people my gran knows died at the weekend from Covid. Keeping in mind, before Christmas they were Tier 1 and had very low levels of cases for months!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I have just found out that my great uncle is in the ICU with Covid. He has COPD and is struggling to breathe, he’s on oxygen. My Grandad (his brother) died of Covid back in October. My Mum is very worried.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I have just found out that my great uncle is in the ICU with Covid. He has COPD and is struggling to breathe, he’s on oxygen. My Grandad (his brother) died of Covid back in October. My Mum is very worried.
I’m so sorry to hear that I really hope that he will be ok 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a random question. My other half smokes, we live in a small block of no smoking flats. He will go outside for a cig and walk round the block as there isn't really anywhere outside to stand and people have complained before about standing directly outside the flats to smoke. Could he potentially get fined for going outside unnecessarily? I mean, they can't just expect people to stop smoking coz they don't have a private garden can they! Am I just worrying for no reason? 😂

I mean, all of a sudden whole families were at home 24/7. Needing a separate TV so the kids can connect a console to it rather than using the main one or have their own TV so parents can have a bit of a break in the evenings seems pretty essential!
Oh I know I do get that. But it was crazy the amount coming in. We had nowhere to store them all.

A few would kick off about having to queue with the food shoppers but we couldn’t let them queue jump as some people would then try and grab some food while they waited, and we weren’t allowed to let them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.