Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Considering they haven’t been tightened since the lockdown was announced, though DM has said they will, I’m inclined to say they are making it up 😅

‘A source close to the government said’ is now code for ‘we don’t have a story today so here’s something we fabricated, enjoy your anxiety!’ 😬
I think the Government know that they are losing the country in terms of the level of restrictions we are at currently, so I don’t think they would enforce stricter ones. I think the Government release “ideas” to the Daily Mail as I believe there’s a link to them through Michael Gove, to test the waters. They have seen that there has been a huge backlash so I assume they won’t go any further - hence the big drive about adhering to the current rules, rather than changing them to be more draconian.

I am still finding being apart from my boyfriend quite difficult. He knows this and it’s starting to get to the point where I can’t tell him how I’m feeling because it stresses him out. 🙈 I asked him if he wanted to move in with me for this period of time and he said no as we are still only in the early stages. I’m with him on that in many ways but would have liked to have tried to see how it would go.

Some of you may be familiar with my previous relationship and the verbal and emotional abuse I endured along with some instances of rape. Well: my ex partner (who my current boyfriend helped me to get away from) decided to try and contact me yesterday. Firstly a text message in the morning as someone we mutually know (not sure who) had told him I was struggling mentally at the moment from reading my social media posts. The text said that he would always be there to listen if I needed him and to make sure I was okay. I ignored it and didn’t respond. Then later that day, he tried to call me twice within the space of an hour. I could see that he was trying to worm his way back in to my life and after what he did to me I have no desire for that - especially as I’m also with someone now who I love and adore. I told my boyfriend what had happened and he encouraged me to just block his number. I would have done just that but I was feeling a lot more confident. I’m in therapy for some of the after effects that relationship has left me with and him having the audacity to contact me made me angry. I called him back and told him that whilst it’s nice he is concerned about me, that “since there was crossover my boyfriend knows all too well who you are and it isn’t appropriate that you contact me”. He got defensive and then we said our goodbyes but I felt incredibly powerful in that moment. I felt like Wonder Woman. My boyfriend and Mum were proud of me as well.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Israel said the reason their vaccine program was going so well was because of their modern fully electronic medical records. Though I appreciate their population is different to the UK. But we need to bring the NHS into the modern world not the 1980s.

I went for my smear in December, they have no record of the surgery or ongoing treatment for HPV I had in 2008! Madness.
This 100%! The NHS are so far behind it’s laughable sometimes. Not completely related but just things like doctors in hospitals writing paper notes with their awful handwriting, and then no one can read them anyway so that information is basically lost forever 😂 ! Also so many systems are used and they can’t access each other - it’s actually quite dangerous as like you said things get missed all the time.

Reactions: 12
This 100%! The NHS are so far behind it’s laughable sometimes. Not completely related but just things like doctors in hospitals writing paper notes with their awful handwriting, and then no one can read them anyway so that information is basically lost forever 😂 ! Also so many systems are used and they can’t access each other - it’s actually quite dangerous as like you said things get missed all the time.
Omg the handwriting! I couldn't even fill a prescription once because the signature was such a scrawl 😂 the pharmacist was like 'mate this is just a line not a signature, I can't use this' then queue three days of going round in circles to get a new prescription that looked like it had an actual name on it before I could start my medication.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Very! My doctors uses that patient access app, but they only upload about 4 appointments a week months ahead which they have taken down due to covid which is fine but they also have to manually upload your repeat prescriptions and you can’t ask them on the phone as they won’t discuss it. So I had to go into the surgery to ask if they could pop it on the app so I could request it. It took 3 people (me, the receptionist and the doctor) communicating to do this, it should be automatic if the doctor has authorised it as a repeat 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I think the Government know that they are losing the country in terms of the level of restrictions we are at currently, so I don’t think they would enforce stricter ones. I think the Government release “ideas” to the Daily Mail as I believe there’s a link to them through Michael Gove, to test the waters. They have seen that there has been a huge backlash so I assume they won’t go any further - hence the big drive about adhering to the current rules, rather than changing them to be more draconian.

I am still finding being apart from my boyfriend quite difficult. He knows this and it’s starting to get to the point where I can’t tell him how I’m feeling because it stresses him out. 🙈 I asked him if he wanted to move in with me for this period of time and he said no as we are still only in the early stages. I’m with him on that in many ways but would have liked to have tried to see how it would go.

Some of you may be familiar with my previous relationship and the verbal and emotional abuse I endured along with some instances of rape. Well: my ex partner (who my current boyfriend helped me to get away from) decided to try and contact me yesterday. Firstly a text message in the morning as someone we mutually know (not sure who) had told him I was struggling mentally at the moment from reading my social media posts. The text said that he would always be there to listen if I needed him and to make sure I was okay. I ignored it and didn’t respond. Then later that day, he tried to call me twice within the space of an hour. I could see that he was trying to worm his way back in to my life and after what he did to me I have no desire for that - especially as I’m also with someone now who I love and adore. I told my boyfriend what had happened and he encouraged me to just block his number. I would have done just that but I was feeling a lot more confident. I’m in therapy for some of the after effects that relationship has left me with and him having the audacity to contact me made me angry. I called him back and told him that whilst it’s nice he is concerned about me, that “since there was crossover my boyfriend knows all too well who you are and it isn’t appropriate that you contact me”. He got defensive and then we said our goodbyes but I felt incredibly powerful in that moment. I felt like Wonder Woman. My boyfriend and Mum were proud of me as well.
I just wanted to say well done in handling an Extremely intense and difficult situation. After everything he put you through I am not surprised you feel like Wonder Woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Israel said the reason their vaccine program was going so well was because of their modern fully electronic medical records. Though I appreciate their population is different to the UK. But we need to bring the NHS into the modern world not the 1980s.

I went for my smear in December, they have no record of the surgery or ongoing treatment for HPV I had in 2008! Madness.
It’s not just the NHS. As a foreigner I had to be registered at a police station and update them of any change in address/workplace/etc. However it was a paper certificate(!) and the other copy of it was stored in the police station where I first registered. So if I am registered in Bristol and then I move to Edinburgh, I cannot register myself at a new police station, it still has to be the one in Bristol. And if I change my address in Edinburgh, I have to go to Bristol to update it! There is an option to do it by post, but they advise against it.
And even then they misspelled my name on the certificate... It’s not even a Russian name, English people have this name with the same spelling.

Reactions: 3
It’s not just the NHS. As a foreigner I had to be registered at a police station and update them of any change in address/workplace/etc. However it was a paper certificate(!) and the other copy of it was stored in the police station where I first registered. So if I am registered in Bristol and then I move to Edinburgh, I cannot register myself at a new police station, it still has to be the one in Bristol. And if I change my address in Edinburgh, I have to go to Bristol to update it! There is an option to do it by post, but they advise against it.
And even then they misspelled my name on the certificate... It’s not even a Russian name, English people have this name with the same spelling.
It is utter madness, and they wonder why people stay her without a visa because it’s in some filing cabinet that no one looks at. Everyone has a form of ID now, it should all be linked and be able to dealt with from wherever!

Omg the handwriting! I couldn't even fill a prescription once because the signature was such a scrawl 😂 the pharmacist was like 'mate this is just a line not a signature, I can't use this' then queue three days of going round in circles to get a new prescription that looked like it had an actual name on it before I could start my medication.
I had exactly the same once for an emergency prescription from a dentist for my child. So stressful, especially as he was seen at the dental surgery as an emergency and was really distressed. Only saving grace was the chemist was opposite the dentist so I marched back over the road and demanded a legible prescription!

Reactions: 1

Your ex sounds like a total narcissist and I hope you do block him from every source he knows you on. Please do not respond to him.
Have you tried journaling at all? For your feelings.....it would help express it and get it out of your head onto paper, without stressing your b/f too much. Nobody has to see it (you don't even have to go back and read it), and it would allow you say what you wanted without worrying about what anyone thought. :)

• Heart
Was reading about Bruce Willis breaking the mask rules in LA and apparently in California people are advised to wear masks even inside their homes.

Does that mean mask wearing 24/7 there? 😲

• Wow
Your ex sounds like a total narcissist and I hope you do block him from every source he knows you on. Please do not respond to him.
Have you tried journaling at all? For your feelings.....it would help express it and get it out of your head onto paper, without stressing your b/f too much. Nobody has to see it (you don't even have to go back and read it), and it would allow you say what you wanted without worrying about what anyone thought. :)
Journaling is a good idea. I might start writing down notes in my phone. Thanks for the suggestion. 😊

He was a total narcissist. When I met my current boyfriend and we were talking online, I started to settle less for the way he was treating me. At the time there was a lot of “you should be grateful I put up with you” type comments. If we had an argument he would ignore me for days on end and as we were living together that was awful. He would gaslight me and pretend he never said or did things too. I went on a date with my current boyfriend on the Saturday and I’d packed all of my things up to move back home by the Thursday. I got out and I’m so proud of myself for that. It only took me one attempt to leave. His number is now blocked and he doesn’t have any social media of his own.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It is utter madness, and they wonder why people stay her without a visa because it’s in some filing cabinet that no one looks at. Everyone has a form of ID now, it should all be linked and be able to dealt with from wherever!
I did find it funny, though considering the amount of information Home Office has on me there is no way that I could overstay my visa 😂
I remember switching from student to working visa and my application was at the home office, I was just waiting the results of it and I received an angry phone call stating that I have 7 days to leave the country 😔 The fact that my application was delayed by the home office themselves and wasn’t dealt with in the timeframe that they give wasn’t taken into account. My solicitor had to proof to one department of the Hole Office that I had an application with another department. Weirdly I quickly received the results of my application and was allowed to stay 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Was reading about Bruce Willis breaking the mask rules in LA and apparently in California people are advised to wear masks even inside their homes.

Does that mean mask wearing 24/7 there? 😲
Someone on my Insta is in America and they were wearing masks in their house the other day when one of their parents were visiting, they don't usually wear masks in their house. They are in Utah

• Wow
Personally the entire NHS medical record system needs to be dragged into the 21st century imo, a much more streamlined online system needs to be widely in use.
I moved house two years ago and still haven't switched GPs to one closer because, pre-covid, I don't have the time to go in to the surgery I want to move to and fill out all the paper forms. Now it's not really essential so I just keep travelling back to my old practice for repeat prescriptions etc. Why, in 2021 can I not move GP practice online? I get that they need proof of your identity and address, but surely if I could fill out something online and attach photos of any documents that could work? It just seems so backwards to need to go in and register in person with paper forms.

Reactions: 16
I remember being told the last time I moved that I had to wait 3 weeks after registering with the doctor before I could book an appointment because I needed to wait until my old practice POSTED my notes over! How the F are we still relying so heavily on PAPER medical notes in this day and age? Never mind the volume of storage needed for that and how easily they could be lost.

A more streamlined online system would save the NHS money in the long run. You could get an app notification when you are due a new smear or when a 10 year booster jab is about to expire etc.

This is being started in some degree now, but it is crazy it isn't universal.

totally agree. My husband had a stem cell transplant and and his medical notes are (multiple) lever arch folders that are kept at the hospital 2 hours from home. If we needed to visit our local hospital at any point, we had to remember everything to tell the doctors and nurses 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I moved house two years ago and still haven't switched GPs to one closer because, pre-covid, I don't have the time to go in to the surgery I want to move to and fill out all the paper forms. Now it's not really essential so I just keep travelling back to my old practice for repeat prescriptions etc. Why, in 2021 can I not move GP practice online? I get that they need proof of your identity and address, but surely if I could fill out something online and attach photos of any documents that could work? It just seems so backwards to need to go in and register in person with paper forms.
I currently travel about 3 hours to my antenatal appointments because I have temporarily moved however I will be back long before birth and will be delivering at my local hospital. I knew it would be such a pain to try and navigate a few appointments in one place and then a few in another trust, if anything wasn't going completely standard I could just see it being a nightmare trying to get proper routine care if you haven't been registered from the start.
If it was all online this wouldn't be an issue, but I would hate for something to be missed and not picked up on due to moving hospitals half way through.

Reactions: 2
In regards to the paper notes issues/NHS being so behind the times - I’ve found in every trust I’ve worked in there is a real distrust (couldn’t think of another word 😄) of modern technology. Emails, online systems, basically anything that would bring the services more up to date are seen as a bit dodgy and not secure enough. God knows how notes written on a flimsy bit of paper are more secure! There are also still a great deal of managers and people pretty high up who are computer illiterate or at least struggle with basic computer usage, sometimes they will cling to the old ways due to their insecurity while everyone else is trying to drag the service into the 21st century.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
In regards to the paper notes issues/NHS being so behind the times - I’ve found in every trust I’ve worked in there is a real distrust (couldn’t think of another word 😄) of modern technology. Emails, online systems, basically anything that would bring the services more up to date are seen as a bit dodgy and not secure enough. God knows how notes written on a flimsy bit of paper are more secure! There are also still a great deal of managers and people pretty high up who are computer illiterate or at least struggle with basic computer usage, sometimes they will cling to the old ways due to their insecurity while everyone else is trying to drag the service into the 21st century.
A senior colleague once spent 3 hours trying to print about 30 PDF's because she was opening each one and file, print, format etc...

She was complaining about how long it was taking and I had to cut in and be like 'you realise you can just select them all together and right click print, then you can get on with your day while they are printing out?'

She is on about 3x my salary so she was paid a fortune to spend half her day sending a folder to print 🙈

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.