Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #76

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I said it, I predicted it months back, I said I’d be right.

- highest incidence rate in the world.
- largest increase rate of an country at ANY time in the pandemic.

probably about 20k vaccinated. 🤷‍♀️

On Dec 14, a government ad was published saying people could be "reassured" that restaurants + pubs were safe.

On Dec 17, NPHET advised the government to close restaurants + pubs.

On Dec 20, the CMO said people should "stay away" from restaurants + pubs (which were still open).

the most incompetent government of all time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I know a hairdresser who is still doing haircuts at peoples houses - its not the same one is it? :ROFLMAO: I understand too, that people still have to bring in some money, but if its risking peoples health around them, I mean seriously....the one I know has a large family who she sees often, so its not like she will ever be starving or not be able to pay her bills. (Her b/f is not a fitness type, more the beer & crisps type, so probably not the same, but still)
Our neighbour runs a home beauty business. She has still been having clients over since our restrictions began (no mixing households/personal care businesses must close).

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Video lessons were a complete tit show today. Half the Kids had their mics on so couldn’t hear what the teacher was saying and then as predicted my laptop froze and crashed halfway through. When we eventually got back online we’d missed the main part of the lesson and everyone was saying goodbye🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Honestly didn’t seem like we’d missed much though, not convinced these live lessons will work with such young kids (although the teachers are doing an amazing job under the circumstances). They managed to do the work anyway, so I think we’ll just be skipping those from now on. Even though it was nice for them to see their friends.
I'd struggle to call what we're getting 'lessons'. Mine have sessions at 9am, 11am and 1pm. Each session is over by 20 past the hour (including a 5 minute registration period), and the work set takes them a further 10 minutes. Just over an hour of education a day, even though its billed as 9am-3pm. I'll have to start topping up with Bitesize and Oak Academy. On Friday school sent a very lengthy list of 'online learning expectations'...have to wear uniform, all mics off, have a plain background, no pets or other children in background, no snacks/drinks in view, miss a session get a phone call from school, no toilet during sessions :ROFLMAO: Wouldn't mind as much but the Diocese our school is under employed a bank of teachers to do full online learning from Sept-Dec for the kids who couldn't attend due to being vulnerable. They told us this would be used in the event of another full school closure so not sure why it hasn't.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'd struggle to call what we're getting 'lessons'. Mine have sessions at 9am, 11am and 1pm. Each session is over by 20 past the hour (including a 5 minute registration period), and the work set takes them a further 10 minutes. Just over an hour of education a day, even though its billed as 9am-3pm. I'll have to start topping up with Bitesize and Oak Academy. On Friday school sent a very lengthy list of 'online learning expectations'...have to wear uniform, all mics off, have a plain background, no pets or other children in background, no snacks/drinks in view, miss a session get a phone call from school, no toilet during sessions :ROFLMAO:
They would be told to get lost if they thought I was washing uniforms for them .
to wear sitting in the house

And our pets live here, there would be no keeping them out of sight.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So mine has improved as I thought this week and videos with every topic to assist (not done by school but that doesn’t matter). Teacher messaging parents with levels of what each child should be doing etc so it’s more personalised.

I couldn’t cope with live videos, how do working parents cope with that if it doesn’t fit with work?

Reactions: 1
My MIL has just been put on a ventilator due to her covid. I'm now listening to my poor husband telling his dad in hospital the sad news.

I'm so mad and angry right now - if they had just locked down a couple of weeks earlier this wouldn't be happening. She has not broken a single rule - all she did was pop into a corner shop and now she's fighting for her life on a ventilator less than 3 weeks later.

Not sure why im putting this here but I just needed to get that out - im so sad and scared for her. Wishing I was religious so I could pray for her recovery but know so many people in the exact same position. This is a cruel and evil virus.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
My MIL has just been put on a ventilator due to her covid. I'm now listening to my poor husband telling his dad in hospital the sad news.

I'm so mad and angry right now - if they had just locked down a couple of weeks earlier this wouldn't be happening. She has not broken a single rule - all she did was pop into a corner shop and now she's fighting for her life on a ventilator less than 3 weeks later.

Not sure why im putting this here but I just needed to get that out - im so sad and scared for her. Wishing I was religious so I could pray for her recovery but know so many people in the exact same position. This is a cruel and evil virus.
I will pray for you ♥ sending you all lots of strength xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Love to you all x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My mums just had a message about our elderly neighbour who went into hospital just before Christmas with a chest infection. She sadly caught covid whilst in there and has passed away ☹
She was such a lovely lady and is the first person I know to have passed away with it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
As it's been for many many years and the previous labour one. They've always talked about helping and supporting "hard working families" 😶 Is it really a vote winner to imply single and childless people are worth less (or even worthless)?
Sigh. It’s so depressing. I have a horrible feeling Starmer is going to spend the next four years disappointing me, like death by a thousand cuts.

Thinking of you all ♥ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sigh. It’s so depressing. I have a horrible feeling Starmer is going to spend the next four years disappointing me, like death by a thousand cuts.
I sadly agree, I really hope he's gone before a general election as he's been dire in opposition. Johnson will be off soon enough and the Tories are quite possibly going to get someone new that may do quite well. Where are the lib Dems? Yet again there's no one I want to vote for.

I sadly agree, I really hope he's gone before a general election as he's been dire in opposition. Johnson will be off soon enough and the Tories are quite possibly going to get someone new that may do quite well. Where are the lib Dems? Yet again there's no one I want to vote for.
I don't get the whole politics thing and never have. Why can't we just have a group of people who are effectively a Board who run us like a not-for-profit company? who try to do their best by everyone. We need business to thrive, people to pay fair taxes and all children to have equality of opportunity and so on but why does it have to be based on political beliefs? it's like a weird religion to me.

I admire your positivity, and this was how I felt at the beginning, but there is no guarantee that the better we stick to the rules, the quicker we'll be out of it. That became clear the minute the first lockdown wasn't over in the two weeks they said it would be. We have a vaccine now and the NHS are still not really any better off, despite the majority of us sticking to the rules!
I feel like the reason that the NHS 'isnt better off' is clearly is due to 1) the new up to 70% more transmissible variant (that is HUGE) 2) the stupid amount of mixing that happened at Xmas and NYE (which wasn't even 'allowed').

There is still a LOT of hope with the vaccine. I genuinely believe that things will feel 'more normal' come May/June as all the top few levels of vunerable/older people will have been protected...

People are still making uneccessarily journeys ATM. Meeting friends in the park, yes they're outside but they're too close together and costing up for insta-selfies....

I'm glad to be able to teach from home, order click and collect and keep me and mine safe inside. Follow the rules to an absolute T... To protect myself (clinically vunerable) as well as other people).

Reactions: 4
My husbands friend has diabetes and was taken into hospital today with covid. He’s in his 40s. It’s terrifying.

It makes me so mad I’ve a brother who refuses to wear a mask, he is telling people that the virus is a hoax and the vaccine is micro chipped. He even tried to fill our nephews head full of lies. He is 14 and luckily he told his mum and dad and my brother-in-law let rip at my brother. My brother-in-law‘s mum has had Covid and my sister is a nurse so he was fuming that my brother is telling these lies.

Unfortunately he has made my mum believe the lies, I suspected this anyway. She finally admitted to me on the weekend that she doesn’t think Covid is a big deal, she is still mixing with all my siblings and their children. She sleeps over their houses despite her own husband being at risk with diabetes. I said to her ‘you’re 68 and you’re on blood pressure tablets you need to be careful because the older you are the more risk’ and she said ‘I’ve never heard that, no one’s told me that you’re at risk the olderyou are. I’m sure I’ll be fine.’. I said ‘where have you been for 10 months, under a rock??’I don’t really speak to my mum that much because my family are extremely toxic but it’s made me so angry that she is willing to put herself at so much risk! My sister is a nurse and she takes it very seriously but she still allows my mum to babysit her children for her. My mum is meant to be shielding for her husbands sake but my family are the kind of people they think nothing will get them, they’ve mixed through every lockdown, and they don’t believe in things like this. Crazy behaviour!!!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I actually think he’s a far better speaker than Boris, he’s not wonderful but there’s less waffle and he speaks more plainly. I still can’t stand his face!
I've just put £5 on him becoming the next PM..60/1 odds. I was/am a labour but thought it was worth a punt. I think he's more palatable than BoJo and slightly less waffle'y. Where's is Raab? Not seen him.for weeks and weeks?

I don't get the whole politics thing and never have. Why can't we just have a group of people who are effectively a Board who run us like a not-for-profit company? who try to do their best by everyone. We need business to thrive, people to pay fair taxes and all children to have equality of opportunity and so on but why does it have to be based on political beliefs? it's like a weird religion to me.
I agree. I think as well it should be people from all walks of life. Politics is such an elitist career pathway. We need more people from every place and every religion. People who actually understand what needs improving cause they live it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.