Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #75

Are/will you be sticking to the covid rules?

• Yes, religiously

Votes: 252 69.8%
  • No, I'm using my own judgement

Votes: 100 27.7%
  • No, I don't care about rules

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reposting this here as didn’t realise there was a new thread oops 😬

Thoughts? I am okay with this as it’s not like they will be meeting in groups of 20+ like they are at school, but do worry about it mitigating lockdown impact a little.

54197AC6-46BA-48FC-90A3-80AF1239AFDF.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Thoughts? I am okay with this as it’s not like they will be meeting in groups of 20+ like they are at school, but do worry about it mitigating lockdown impact a little.

View attachment 374393
Mental health impact is not even worth thinking about 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 12
1609929551098.png

"Yay - 75" :cry:

I see there is no situation that scammers won't try to take advantage of :rolleyes:

1609929607907.png

• Angry
Reactions: 6

View attachment 374393
I am SO conflicted. Its so important for kids development etc but then if this is allowed does it not open a whole can of worms. I wish we had the Scotland system of u12s not counting so it would be possible for 2 parents to meet up with their kids for a walk and be within the rules!

Reactions: 15
Oh shut up Paul,
They’re probably introducing new restrictions later today. Closing construction etc
I’m wondering what the different ethical framework they’re going to use once they run out of beds 😕

Reactions: 1

View attachment 374393
I do not agree, only because of parents. They will use it to meet as they were at the school gates.

Reactions: 17

View attachment 374393
I'm for it ,it will mean it's contained in one small area as travel is limited where as school opens it up to a wider audience.

What do you mean? Like deciding who gets treated?
In a nutshell yes.

I do not agree, only because of parents. They will use it to meet as they were at the school gates.
Agree with this it’s a shame but likely to be abused. A few of the parents from my kids school are trying to arrange a zoom call for the kids as the next best thing.

I am SO conflicted. Its so important for kids development etc but then if this is allowed does it not open a whole can of worms. I wish we had the Scotland system of u12s not counting so it would be possible for 2 parents to meet up with their kids for a walk and be within the rules!
Can if they’re under 5.. but not over.

View attachment 374393
Surely for the next few weeks it should be limited whilst we let lockdown have a bit of an impact? And thereafter maybe a friendship bubble could be introduced which could also help with childcare / reducing parents fatigue. I don’t think they should be allowed to mix on a wide scale otherwise it prolongs the situation for everyone.

View attachment 374393
In Scotland under 12s are allowed to play so they must think it's not a risk, or a tiny risk worth taking for the greater good. It's been that way up here for months so even when our numbers were in a better place.

Reactions: 2
Home school going well so far. Zoom call this morning and teachers read a story and let the kids wave and say hello to eachother which was nice and they are to do that daily first thing.
I spoke to teacher privately about struggling to juggle it all alone with work and theyve given me the priority tasks to cover and anything else is a bonus they said so that’s a relief plus my brother who’s in my bubble is part time furloughed from his retail job so has offered me 1 day a week support to help school while I work. Employer has been really supportive to flex my hours slightly so I can work more evenings to cover the disjointed daytime.

Pressure slightly off, phew. Still have a banging headache though 🤦🏼‍♀️

Online shop coming later (booked before Xmas) and hope the slots don’t get too tricky to get as I don’t fancy dragging my son around the supermarket as that’s hell on earth with him in tow in non pandemic times let alone now.

Reactions: 16
What I want to know is how many are in ITU due surgery complications but just so happen to be Covid +, or how many due to traumatic accidents that again happen to be Covid+, or due to overdoses and again test Covid+ etc etc. They can’t just shout out these numbers without giving any info behind them.
Yet again it’s another scare tactic.

Reactions: 11

FFS McDonalds switching to drive-thru and delivery only, no walk in takeaway.

I'm a supermarket delivery driver and really like a McDonalds or other hot fast food meal mid way through the freezing cold 8hr night shifts.
(no the van doesn't fit in the drive through lane :ROFLMAO: ). Don't want boring sandwiches every single night. OK I can get by without McDonalds but a bit annoying if KFC and BK and others all follow McDonalds lead.

Also forcing everyone to drivethrough means traffic queues in certain locations, holding supermarket deliveries up. It's what happened last time!

Dubious cleanliness kebab vans it is then I guess!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.