Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't mind the sanitizer, but the masks drive me insane. My glasses steam up and I can't see where in going. So I take them off and I can't see beyond 3ft. I constantly fought with my mum who kept pulling her mask below her nose and telling me she couldn't breath and felt like she was suffocating - she uses a visor now.

Plus I've never been convinced about mask use. I know people who use the same disposable mask till it falls apart. And people who've never washed their cloth mask!

My main gripe about the vaccine is that it's being done by age group. I think if a person is vulnerable it should put them before heathly older people.

For instance, I work with 2 people who adult children have learning disabilities and medical conditions. One hasn't hugged her daughter since March! They need the vaccine before me and a lot of people my age (50s)

Reactions: 14
I don't mind the sanitizer, but the masks drive me insane. My glasses steam up and I can't see where in going. So I take them off and I can't see beyond 3ft. I constantly fought with my mum who kept pulling her mask below her nose and telling me she couldn't breath and felt like she was suffocating - she uses a visor now.

Plus I've never been convinced about mask use. I know people who use the same disposable mask till it falls apart. And people who've never washed their cloth mask!

My main gripe about the vaccine is that it's being done by age group. I think if a person is vulnerable it should put them before heathly older people.

For instance, I work with 2 people who adult children have learning disabilities and medical conditions. One hasn't hugged her daughter since March! They need the vaccine before me and a lot of people my age (50s)
I’m the same with the mask. I can only wear the single layer masks which I know are pretty useless but otherwise I can’t breathe and my glasses fog up and I can’t see a thing which makes me quite panicky! I’m not as bad now as I was at the beginning but it’s awful, especially now in colder weather!

Reactions: 4
I’m the same with the mask. I can only wear the single layer masks which I know are pretty useless but otherwise I can’t breathe and my glasses fog up and I can’t see a thing which makes me quite panicky! I’m not as bad now as I was at the beginning but it’s awful, especially now in colder weather!
My glasses steam up do matter what I try with my mask . I think my face gives off heat. I just take my glasses off , although I won't be able to do that at work because I will need to see.

Reactions: 3
My glasses steam up do matter what I try with my mask . I think my face gives off heat. I just take my glasses off , although I won't be able to do that at work because I will need to see.
I can’t see a thing without my glasses 🤓

I can’t see a thing without my glasses 🤓
I too cannot see a single thing without my glasses. My husband has glasses but barely needs them, so when we get inside and we’re misting up cos of our masks he takes his glasses off and is like why don’t you just take yours off too? It’s so much easier! As if I had never thought of that 😂

But no... I actually need mine to see pal 🙃😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well that’s...erm.....reassuring.... 😐

the company has been given an indemnity protecting it from legal action as a result of any problems with the vaccine”

but Pfizer’s UK boss refuses to explain why the business needs protection from legal action

Hard pass. Nope. Nada. Get away from my arm 😐
Fantastic, the conspiracy nut jobs will lap this up.

I detest masks. Going from outside, to inside a warm shop with a mask and your coat on is absolute hell. So bloody hot. Not totally convinced they make any difference what so ever either, most people can’t seem to wear them properly, but I’ll wear it if it makes others feel better.

Reactions: 9
My glasses steam up too, and I get fed up with people telling me to nip in the top of the mask over my nose. NO because then it's even more stuffy and I can't breath. I can feel myself getting out of breath sometimes if I've worn one of the damn things for too long (like more than twenty minutes).

Reactions: 7
#thalidomide was trending on twitter yesterday. Some even referring to thalidomide as a vaccine too. The government really need to get their ass into gear tackling the false information and get answering people's concerns and fears factually, on social media and the mainstream media. . The fake news is a massive threat at this time.

Reactions: 17
I've been following their numbers for weeks now. Even Joe Biden mentioned something needs to be done about it all, while Trump continues to ignore the situation.
I think they’re well passed the point of return now the only thing is something to eradicate it.South Africa’s seeing spikes again it’s just going around in circles.

I agree, and I’m not a conspiracy nut job (although I’m tempted to join jim corr when I have a mask on)

but it doesn’t look good for those who are already anxious about how quickly this has been passed, and worrying about a very new vaccine doesn’t make anyone a conspiracy nut job I don’t think 😐

you might get a lump sum payment but we’re washing our hands of any responsibility if something goes wrong 😬

and is this just in the uk because it’s been rushed through or will it be across the board for every vaccine/company I wonder

Reactions: 5
I thought they would have had teachers at the head of the queue as kids won't be getting the vaccine but are big carriers .

Reactions: 8
I think teachers should be included in the same group as nhs and care home workers.
Would make sense as they're not even allowed PPE where as the rest are,and most are terrified of catching it or passing it on to family.

Reactions: 6
Totally agree with having teachers higher up the ranks, other European countries are doing this.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.