Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know what the rules are in Wales, can we leave Wales yet and visit people in England? My Gran lives alone in Chester and she’s 92. I’ve not seen her in months.

Also as you all know my sons girlfriend lives in Liverpool and he wants to know what the tier 2 rules are now as he wants to know whether he can meet her now or not. They usually meet half way in Chester. I’m unsure if she can leave Liverpool in tier 2. Does anyone know if you can leave a tier 2 area? Chester is also tier 2.
Worth noting that England is still in lockdown and the tier system doesn't come into play until next Wednesday.

Reactions: 4
My labour MP in the NE hasn’t even communicated today, his Twitter is just full of commentary over football.

I know we all complain about the Tories but my local politicians just seem to be just as bad 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Really hoping there won't be a new wave of panic buying in the shops. That's what distresses me the most. Luckily I do have essentials like flour so it will be better than lockdown at the beginning of spring was in that respect.

Really hoping there won't be a new wave of panic buying in the shops. That's what distresses me the most. Luckily I do have essentials like flour so it will be better than lockdown at the beginning of spring was in that respect.
The rules will be relaxed in some way in all areas of England so I don't think moving from actual lockdown to the tier system would cause panic buying.

Reactions: 3
Interesting how Matty H stated that Cornwall consistently had the lowest figures. Remember when everyone was in uproar to the tourists that kept visiting. Another thing that never happened. I’m starting to wonder about all of this 🤔
There wasn't a spike from the VE day celebrations or the BLM protests either 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
here you go
Thank you so much. So it seems his girlfriend can’t meet him even outdoors being from a tier 2 area and we are in North Wales. Her family don’t care about bubbles and mix with anyone and everyone. They’ve all had covid too. They think we’ve been OTT not breaking the rules so our son can meet their daughter.

Post is a risk actually, people lick envelopes, especially for Christmas cards so this is actually a sensible decision.

Crazy but sensible
I wrote my Xmas cards last month and they have been sitting in quarantine since. They will be posted next week. 😂😂

• Heart
Thank you so much. So it seems his girlfriend can’t meet him even outdoors being from a tier 2 area and we are in North Wales. Her family don’t care about bubbles and mix with anyone and everyone. They’ve all had covid too. They think we’ve been OTT not breaking the rules so our son can meet their daughter.
what are your rules in Wales BethB? (find it so hard to keep track of everywhere)

Tier 2 can meet outside in groups of 6 and travel

Hey can you give me honest opinions here please? We are going to see Santa on Christmas Eve at a country estate. They’ve had to change the event to a drive thru event to fit in with tier 3. I’m not too fussed as I still think it’ll be quite good but I’m a bit meh at not being able to see Santa! Anyway! My boy is only 1 (in two weeks!) so he’s still small. I know he would love to nosey at everything but he’s still rear facing in his car seat so he will miss out on it all. Will I be the worlds worst parent if we had him on my husbands knee in the front seat as I drove? I imagine I’ll be driving like a snail through it all?

Reactions: 1
Hey can you give me honest opinions here please? We are going to see Santa on Christmas Eve at a country estate. They’ve had to change the event to a drive thru event to fit in with tier 3. I’m not too fussed as I still think it’ll be quite good but I’m a bit meh at not being able to see Santa! Anyway! My boy is only 1 (in two weeks!) so he’s still small. I know he would love to nosey at everything but he’s still rear facing in his car seat so he will miss out on it all. Will I be the worlds worst parent if we had him on my husbands knee in the front seat as I drove? I imagine I’ll be driving like a snail through it all?
I’d do it. Think of it like a Christmas safari 😂

That’s what I thought but I wondered if everyone would be judging us so I wanted the pre judging beforehand 🤣
I bet there’ll be loads doing the same. You’ll be crawling along and on private grounds too.

I'd do it, your going to be driving so slow! Or sit with him on your knee in the back if you feel more comfortable about it. I bet most kids will be out of car seats.

I wouldn't see the issue, we did this at longleat with mine when they were smaller and rear faced. Just assess it at the time and go from there.

That’s what I thought but I wondered if everyone would be judging us so I wanted the pre judging beforehand 🤣
Seems like everyone is judging everyone these days so you may as well go for it. As long as you're comfortable with the safety of your son in that situation then that's what matters so let them judge away.

As long as Santa isn't judging... don't want to risk the naughty list that close to Christmas!

• Haha
Well, I'm in the worst lockdown, daughter is throwing a temper tantrum, because unusually spends her birthday with all of her friends and family members. The North East always gets hit the hardest.

• Sad
There wasn't a spike from the VE day celebrations or the BLM protests either 🤷‍♀️
To be honest, I think people will be disappointed if there isn't a spike in January after the Christmas meet up for the 3 household mixing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.