Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest, I think people will be disappointed if there isn't a spike in January after the Christmas meet up for the 3 household mixing.
I think the press will put negative articles out to make it look like it’s going to happen. I kind of hope it doesnt

Hey can you give me honest opinions here please? We are going to see Santa on Christmas Eve at a country estate. They’ve had to change the event to a drive thru event to fit in with tier 3. I’m not too fussed as I still think it’ll be quite good but I’m a bit meh at not being able to see Santa! Anyway! My boy is only 1 (in two weeks!) so he’s still small. I know he would love to nosey at everything but he’s still rear facing in his car seat so he will miss out on it all. Will I be the worlds worst parent if we had him on my husbands knee in the front seat as I drove? I imagine I’ll be driving like a snail through it all?
when I’ve been to safari parks your allowed kids on your knee when driving round I would think that this would be similar

Reactions: 3
what are your rules in Wales BethB? (find it so hard to keep track of everywhere)
I honestly have no clue. I’m lost when it comes to Wales. As far as I’m aware we can’t even leave Wales. So I can see my son wanting to break that rule now his girlfriend is in a tier 2 as of next week.

Hope someone on here can answer this question. My granddaughter is at university in a tier 3 and we are tier 2. Will she be able to travel home for Christmas. She isn't in student digs, she renting privately.

Hope someone on here can answer this question. My granddaughter is at university in a tier 3 and we are tier 2. Will she be able to travel home for Christmas. She isn't in student digs, she renting privately.
Students have a travel window open to them from the 3rd to the 9th which I think the university advises on regarding their exact date. She should probably contact them for more specific advice to her.

There's also the lifting of travel restrictions for everyone for the five days from the 23rd to 28th.

I’m not a fan of the tories and I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone praising the governments borrowing or spending but...

I do think in terms of the furlough scheme, it’s a good scheme and has helped a lot of people. Compared with other countries where there have just been stimulus cheques for example, I think they have done a good job in shielding people and jobs as best they can.

Yes we will be paying for it to years to come but it’s not like they created the virus and I am not sure what the alternative was without more poverty.
my friend is a teacher and her school have banned cards, but said they know kids will want to do it anyway so as long as its not on school property its fine, and they advise anything for teachers to be delivered into a safe box a week before the end of term and left there until the end of term when the teachers may then take them home.. its absolutely mad!
What the hell?! Or just open the item... Then hand sanitise or wash. We were having to leave books/homework for 2 days before marking but it's not practical so now we touch, mark and then wash hands!

I am still wiping down my shopping mind! I don't trust myself to go rummaging through the cupboards and not touch my face 🤪

Does anyone find that their mood changes with new announcements, even if it doesn’t really affect them?

I’ve felt tired today and had a busy day working which probably doesn’t help, but I do feel a bit down. Don’t know why, as our routine won’t be any different than it has been over the last few weeks anyway.

Reactions: 12
Does anyone find that their mood changes with new announcements, even if it doesn’t really affect them?

I’ve felt tired today and had a busy day working which probably doesn’t help, but I do feel a bit down. Don’t know why, as our routine won’t be any different than it has been over the last few weeks anyway.
I think it’s other people’s responses. I’ve had a million texts from my friend asking me what tier we are in, what tier so and so is in. Just check for yourself ffs. “Can we see Santa? Can we do this?”. It really depresses me and has an effect on me more than the actual news itself.

Reactions: 8
What the hell?! Or just open the item... Then hand sanitise or wash. We were having to leave books/homework for 2 days before marking but it's not practical so now we touch, mark and then wash hands!

I am still wiping down my shopping mind! I don't trust myself to go rummaging through the cupboards and not touch my face 🤪
I’m the same with my shopping too! I am vulnerable tho! I also quarantine post unless it looks exciting when I open then wash hands immediately! 😂

Yes I feel so down today, no huge change as tier 3, just confirmation of the continuation of the shitness!
I think it’s other people’s responses. I’ve had a million texts from my friend asking me what tier we are in, what tier so and so is in. Just check for yourself ffs. “Can we see Santa? Can we do this?”. It really depresses me and has an effect on me more than the actual news itself.

Yes!! This!! Everyone is messaging me asking me because they know I read it all...the 3 households Christmas bubble was a nightmare! Like trying to teach toddlers Latin! They would re-word their question and ask me again in the hope I’d then say yes that’s allowed!! 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 1
As long as she travels in the travel window between 3rd and 9th December she should be fine. Some unis are offering the lateral flow tests before they travel. My daughters isn’t as her uni has had very few cases but those badly hit are starting testing next week.

Reactions: 2
My kids school are also quarantining Christmas cards. Can’t help but laugh at how the head has sent this long winded message explaining in great detail the process for bringing in Xmas cards. I mean who’d have thought it this time last year. Quarantining Christmas cards ffs😂😂😂 I mean I get why but it just sounds ludicrous, the whole situation is ludicrous.

They’ve also cancelled school Christmas dinner because of the logistics of it with covid measures in place, which is a real shame for the children. Mine were really looking forward to it. Maybe I’ll try and make a Christmas dinner themed packed lunch for the day they usually would have had it.

Have to laugh at the Christmas card thing otherwise I’ll just cry over how crappy everything else is right now😅

• Sad
Reactions: 9
As usual, very confused by the new rules. In the new tier 2, what are the rules about childcare? Am I allowed to help with my sister if I am providing essential childcare or not?

Is anyone else absolutely bleeping sick of this. How can they do a lockdown to come out and restrict half the population in a different tier to before!!!!! I thought the whole point of lock down was that the tiers weren’t working. I cannot remember a life where we weren’t told what to bleeping do

Reactions: 18
NE has been told by the Health secretary in a call this afternoon Tier 3 not being reviewed until January 😩

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

It’s very disheartening. I live in Ireland but parents (elderly) are in the UK. I listen to UK and RTE and therefore get 2 lots of news. Haven’t seen my parents since July when I managed to get across for a couple of days, stayed in a hotel, only spoke to them from afar and then quarantined for a fortnight when I returned to Ireland. Worth it to see them. Would love to see them at Christmas but I’m not going to risk it (plus Travel isn’t an option in Ireland at the moment due to restrictions). Will wait until the vaccine is in place. I want to have them around for a long time yet!

I get the feeling we're looking at another year + (at least) of restrictions ,the cavalry are only on the horizon 🤷‍♀️ .Vallance seemed to be suggesting a longterm approach but then kinda backtracked when he realised his mistake .I think there's still a long way to go yet.

• Sad
I get the feeling we're looking at another year + (at least) of restrictions ,the cavalry are only on the horizon 🤷‍♀️ .Vallance seemed to be suggesting a longterm approach but then kinda backtracked when he realised his mistake .I think there's still a long way to go yet.
I’ve been thinking this for a while, I would not be surprised if we are repeat the first 6 months of 2020. With local lockdowns towards the end. Bring on 2022!

• Sad
They’ve also cancelled school Christmas dinner because of the logistics of it with covid measures in place, which is a real shame for the children.
That's mad that they've cancelled Christmas lunch! Ours usually have theirs in their classroom instead of the hall. I've seen some good ideas for packed lunch

I’ve been thinking this for a while, I would not be surprised if we are repeat the first 6 months of 2020. With local lockdowns towards the end. Bring on 2022!
They're just trying to keep the masses calm .I think we're just living through the start of the pandemic again the only difference being treatments are slightly better but we're really no further forward and if these vaccines fail what then ?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.