Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This really doesn't seem fair to hospitality who will have been looking forward to reopening and bought in supplies in preparation. Beer, for instance, that isn't drunk within that week will go off so go to waste. I feel so sorry for the way things are planning out.
for some optimism, my uncle owns a pub and his sales this lockdown have been better than when pubs were back open until 10pm - he operates on a takeaway service now and sells takeout pints to go with the meals

Reactions: 11
They have come down but not enough to make a difference in healthcare ,with better treatments Covid patients are spending more time in hospital than the first wave and this is throwing up more problems if you only have a small health service .While it's great more people are surviving it's putting more strain on hospitals as they're not enough beds to accommodate everyone and once they ease the restrictions cases go up so it's clogging the hospitals even more.
Its been said a couple times on the news that maybe its not the same virus.
There was that usa study about a strain beginning with d.

But the latest kost dominant strain they reckon is more contagious.
As this 2nd wave seems harder to get numbers down than 1st.
Keeping schools aka mass gathering open has to play a part.

Not hopeful England open up on 2nd
Friends in Wales flaunting their freedom on my fb feed they only had 2 weeks and now they have zero tiers.

Really worried about retail and hospitality.
Worried we have next to no money jan and feb.

Supermarkets and schools cause of spread in that time period. Hospitality not open during those dates so wouldn’t be included anyway?
But when hospitality was open vitvwas less than 5% and schools and care homes were higher.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Daily Mail article, but based on official ONS figures.

Covid now down to number 3 on the "things people are dying of" chart.

Only 8 more people died in Oct 20 than in Oct 19. 8!

And for this, Nicola has virtually rebuilt Hadrian's Wall and is trying to make it illegal to enter or leave Scotland, after 6pm tomorrow.

Mind blown!

Reactions: 14

Daily Mail article, but based on official ONS figures.

Covid now down to number 3 on the "things people are dying of" chart.

Only 8 more people died in Oct 20 than in Oct 19. 8!

And for this, Nicola has virtually rebuilt Hadrian's Wall and is trying to make it illegal to enter or leave Scotland, after 6pm tomorrow.

Mind blown!
Whose going to patrol that kev:rolleyes:

I'm wondering how you'll go about volunteering to give the vaccine. I'd be happy to be part of that. I work part time, am trained to give Im vaccines and want to do it

Reactions: 10
Could you ask your GP
Im struggling to get hold of them for my medication so I doubt they will be of any use. I've had a Google and there is a drive in Essex to get counters so hopefully there will be something local to me at some point. I could ask at work too but I don't work where I live, and I want to do in during school hours so don't want to have to drive too far. We have a St John's too so I could ask them.

Where's that bloody dragon from last years when you need it (to burn his box, I'm not advocating any violence)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Im struggling to get hold of them for my medication so I doubt they will be of any use. I've had a Google and there is a drive in Essex to get counters so hopefully there will be something local to me at some point. I could ask at work too but I don't work where I live, and I want to do in during school hours so don't want to have to drive too far. We have a St John's too so I could ask them.

Where's that bloody dragon from last years when you need it (to burn his box, I'm not advocating any violence)
At home in Barnard castle with Princess Nut Nuts 🐲👸

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Excitable Edgar 1 - Arrogant Ar5ehole Cummings 0! 🐉🐉🐉

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Two high street shops have gone into administration, putting over 5000 jobs at risk, but don't worry Boris has a plan to give his Tory donors over 5 5 billion in taxpayers money.

Reactions: 1
Two high street shops have gone into administration, putting over 5000 jobs at risk, but don't worry Boris has a plan to give his Tory donors over 5 5 billion in taxpayers money.
Gosh its bleak reading so many job losses in retail and hospitality

Gosh its bleak reading so many job losses in retail and hospitality

It does make for depressing news, although to be honest a lot of familiar High Street names have disappeared before Covid devastated the economy.

But this certainly doesn't help, especially with some property landlords unwilling to reduce business rents or offer payment holidays. Which to my mind doesn't make any sense if the store subsequently goes out of business and there's just an empty shop and no income coming in.🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
so angry - a girl i went to school with who works in a care home is sat posing with her friend and her two newborn babies in her house with her husband - WTF
I’ve just seen similar, girl I went to school with is a teacher. Just posted a photo of her with her kids doing wreath making at her house with her mum. Here mum doesn’t live alone and she lives in the NE 😤

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve just seen similar, girl I went to school with is a teacher. Just posted a photo of her with her kids doing wreath making at her house with her mum. Here mum doesn’t live alone and she lives in the NE 😤
It’s hardly a crime! The kids need to see their nan, it’s better in the long run for everyone!
My son is still seeing my parents, he’s 1 and these years are so precious.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.