Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand that, if I felt it was as family members last Christmas I would risk it I'd they were happy to.
My worry is letting people have 5 days no rules will have some people going crazy and visiting every person they have ever met, big party's etc.

I agree here, but I can't understand where the magic number five has been pulled out from. If we have to go into LockyD 3 following Xmas and have five days for every day without restrictions, I would rather only have three days, which would only incur 15 days locked down instead of 25. Xmas Eve, Xmas Day & Boxing Day. 🥳

Reactions: 3
I love the love on this thread

Yeah I assume so... they can still meet in lockdown so I don’t see why not!
That's what I thought. So technically no one should be alone for Christmas apart from those that would normally would be and people don't tend to give a tit about these past Christmas times (it's true though)

It would be nice if there was a Christmas effort to make sure those on their own at Christmas could be checked on, or the rules could be relaxed in a way so they can get some company over the festive period. I have no issue with that. There was a big community feel about the first lockdown, would be nice to see that come back for Christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I agree here, but I can't understand where the magic number five has been pulled out from. If we have to go into LockyD 3 following Xmas and have five days for every day without restrictions, I would rather only have three days, which would only incur 15 days locked down instead of 25. Xmas Eve, Xmas Day & Boxing Day. 🥳
I don't know - maybe they know that we're having to stay in lockdown on the 2nd, so they're hatching this Christmas plan so it can be used as the reason for the extension? Before - so people are in less contact with others, and after to mitigate the spread? At this stage I have no idea what's going on in their little heads. Am I going tin hat brigade?!

I'm also unsure how they can make a decision now (or next week, which I've seen in reports) - five or six weeks out - when we have no idea what the numbers will look like on 24 December.

@SarahGard83 SO happy for you xxx

I don't know - maybe they know that we're having to stay in lockdown on the 2nd, so they're hatching this Christmas plan so it can be used as the reason for the extension? Before - so people are in less contact with others, and after to mitigate the spread? At this stage I have no idea what's going on in their little heads. Am I going tin hat brigade?!

I'm also unsure how they can make a decision now (or next week, which I've seen in reports) - five or six weeks out - when we have no idea what the numbers will look like on 24 December.

@SarahGard83 SO happy for you xxx
im going back to non essential retail at the weekend - ive been filled with dread and anxiety since i got the news this morning. I REALLY dont want to go back to work.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m confused, how is non essential retail opening next week? Is it not closed until 2nd December?

Reactions: 10
im going back to non essential retail at the weekend - ive been filled with dread and anxiety since i got the news this morning. I REALLY dont want to go back to work.
Is your shop opening, or are you there to do prep with no customers? I thought they had to close until 2 December?

Reactions: 1
Is your shop opening, or are you there to do prep with no customers? I thought they had to close until 2 December?
the message i got from head office was VERY vague - it basically said on Saturday at 9 you must return to work and we'll be in contact on friday to discuss it. Obviously, the shop won't be open to the general public but we also do not take click and collect orders. SO confusing and all up in the air. I just think its a rash decision because its a big corporation and the government haven't even made an announcement on lockdown plans yet

I’m confused, how is non essential retail opening next week? Is it not closed until 2nd December?
I believe its still closed until the 2nd but we'll be back to prepare for it reopening. Its just unfair when we're still in lockdown and the government have issued no further news unless these companies have been in talks with them or know something

Reactions: 5
@SarahGard83 Awesome news, you definitely deserve all the treats tonight!!

Are there any rumours on what days the five days cover? Is it 23rd to 27th to allow travel or something? Five days seems excessive if they are thinking about something, a lot can happen in that time frame.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'd be happy with Christmas Eve and Christmas day but even then I'd keep my mixing to a minimum and just see our parents. I just don't see how they can lock us all down but then justify it by giving us Christmas off. It makes a completely mockery of everything they've said

Reactions: 10
I'd be happy with Christmas Eve and Christmas day but even then I'd keep my mixing to a minimum and just see our parents. I just don't see how they can lock us all down but then justify it by giving us Christmas off. It makes a completely mockery of everything they've said
Definite cop-out to placate the public

Just reading a pertinent article in today's Telegraph, and there's a photo of Father Christmas in a "bubble" doing a high 5 with a child standing on the outside!

I think of all the surprising things I have read/seen over the last few months concerning covid, that pic must be the most surreal!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I believe its still closed until the 2nd but we'll be back to prepare for it reopening. Its just unfair when we're still in lockdown and the government have issued no further news unless these companies have been in talks with them or know something
I'm wondering what time the usual scrum that waits outside Boots and Next on Boxing Day will start queueing this year (if they are even allowed to queue at all). I imagine store numbers will be limited and I've no idea how they will manage social distancing in such situations as they are usually absolutely manic. Perhaps they will put limits on the number of things people can buy, or give time slots? But then I suppose you'll have people bringing the whole family and each queueing individually so they can get X number of items each. I was out and about the day before this lockdown and it was bad enough then. Really feel for retail staff with the sales coming up.

And @SarahGard83 brilliant news.xx

Reactions: 2
I'm wondering what time the usual scrum that waits outside Boots and Next on Boxing Day will start queueing this year (if they are even allowed to queue at all). I imagine store numbers will be limited and I've no idea how they will manage social distancing in such situations as they are usually absolutely manic. Perhaps they will put limits on the number of things people can buy, or give time slots? But then I suppose you'll have people bringing the whole family and each queueing individually so they can get X number of items each. I was out and about the day before this lockdown and it was bad enough then. Really feel for retail staff with the sales coming up.

And @SarahGard83 brilliant news.xx
i worked the eve of lockdown and it was awful we closed at 5pm and still had to serve people way after 6pm because they just WOULDNT leave.

the best customer i had was a "Karen" asking me if the store would be open during lockdown to take her returns back..

1605803334353.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
@sarahguard thats fab news huge congrats
So pleased for you.

So the latest phe surveillance report shows supermarket's and secondary school biggest cause of spread.
Lidls had quieing system earlier but inside but free for all inside

Basically all the places that are still wholly open then. Figures from 9th-15th November. University transmission now just 1.4%.

Reactions: 6
So the latest phe surveillance report shows supermarket's and secondary school biggest cause of spread.
Lidls had quieing system earlier but inside but free for all inside

nah that's just more bullshit and either deliberate or simply inept interpretation of the figures they've gathered, which will lead to more panic. :rolleyes:

It says they asked where covid-positive people had been in recent days before they were tested, well of course a lot of people are going to say they had spent some time in a supermarket, most people need to cook and eat after all. Their results don't appear to have paid any attention to whether people spent 30 minutes there or all day (as in at work), and how many other places they also went.

Just because a lot of people visited supermarkets as one of the places they visited over the course of the several days of movements they were asked about, doesn't mean that's where they caught the covid, especially if they were only there for a short time?

If there was any heightened risk in supermarkets then the staff would surely be dropping like flies all over the country - they wear the same mostly low quality masks as the shoppers do, and they touch all the same products and surfaces, and breathe the same air; in fact spend all day doing it? I've been working part time for two different major supermarkets in my city now during the two lockdowns and sod all people working in either of them have had any covid. I'm sure there are cases here and there around the country but no huge scary numbers of them.

Reactions: 17
Where's the poll option for I want Christmas meet ups but also don't want more lockdowns 🤣
Ha I want this too. I actually changed my vote because I can’t decide!

We usually have a big family get together on Boxing Day. Probably about 15 of us from 6/7 households and I realllly want that to go ahead because we’ve done it every year since I was little. It’s the one day a year we manage to all get together. I’d happily then lockdown for January (rather selfishly because nothing has changed for us this time round really!)

But then it’s my sisters 21st in January and me, her and our mum are supposed to be having a meal and cocktails which we were really looking forward to.

Only little things really but it’s tit we might not be able to do any of these things.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.