Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's misleading because last week's figures were 10k up on what we were seeing on a daily basis.
I swear they never explained this though?

Also, is the Liverpool mass testing now feeding into the daily figures does anyone know?

Also, is the Liverpool mass testing now feeding into the daily figures does anyone know?
No, I never saw any explanation for it. If it was as a result of the Liverpool testing then you wouldn't expect that to be seen only in one day either so who knows what was behind it all. I don't know what the deal is with the Liverpool figures either.

So many questions, and typically so few answers.

Reactions: 4

Yes I was just going to say that was a really odd blip. I know they've been messing with the methodology and reporting but that one does seem a rather strange outlier.

Reactions: 2
Yes I was just going to say that was a really odd blip. I know they've been messing with the methodology and reporting but that one does seem a rather strange outlier.
No, I never saw any explanation for it. If it was as a result of the Liverpool testing then you wouldn't expect that to be seen only in one day either so who knows what was behind it all. I don't know what the deal is with the Liverpool figures either.

So many questions, and typically so few answers.
I feel like it was potentially another scenario where someone hadnā€™t refreshed the pivot table again but they didnā€™t want to admit another embarrassing screw up!

With Liverpool, I saw this last night with regards to PCR/lateral flow testing which makes me think they are included But Iā€™m not sure.

(If you click the tweet thereā€™s a chain of tweets which make it seem like that as replies too)

I'm sure I read somewhere there was an issue with Welsh stats in the days before?

@sarahguard thats fab news huge congrats
So pleased for you.

So the latest phe surveillance report shows supermarket's and secondary school biggest cause of spread.
Lidls had quieing system earlier but inside but free for all inside

Here there is very low spread from supermarkets but we still disinfect groceries as you don't know who touched/sneezed/coughed on them. And with takeout food, we reheat in the oven and throw the packaging into the outside bin (it doesn't even come in the house), lol. Unmasked social gatherings are the biggest cause of spread where I am.

Reactions: 4
I'm sure I read somewhere there was an issue with Welsh stats in the days before?
Here's the tweet I saw about Welsh stats but I'm not sure it'll of been 10k? The days either side of the 33k were in the 20s

Absolutely dreading working in a large supermarket in the run up to Christmas, it's manic every time!! No idea how the crowds will be handled. And as for the sales!!!

Reactions: 8
so angry - a girl i went to school with who works in a care home is sat posing with her friend and her two newborn babies in her house with her husband - WTF

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Just catching up. Amazing news @SarahGard83 ā¤ So pleased for you.

Christmas my son and I will go to my mums so sheā€™s not alone and heā€™ll go to his dads for half the Xmas hols as usual. But Iā€™d rather not bother at all if it means extendingā€™Locky Dā€™ further.

Ugh itā€™s going to be a huge mess isnā€™t it... i have already sacked off the idea of Christmas, will be off work anyway and Iā€™ll just make a tray of mince pies and make a turkey stuffing sandwich or something and watch tv. I just canā€™t be bothered with going and buying loads of stuff so i wonā€™t be doing a special supermarket dash. That said though itā€™s just me and my husband, and we can zoom our parents who are all scared to leave their houses anyway. I do totally get how many families need to meet up though for support especially with the elderly, and those living alone. Itā€™s such an emotional time for some, so no judgement from me as far as household mixing goes. I do however worry that loads of people will get drunk at New Years and gather in parks or something. How can you stop that really? People arenā€™t going to go to bed at 10pm on NYE.

Reactions: 6
We usually go to my MIL's at Christmas, with Christmas Day spent at my SIL's with 11 people in attendance. It's a 200 mile trip each way so going for the day is not an option and we always stay with my MIL who is 82. I am completely torn over what to do - Christmas is a big deal to my husband's family and he's only seen them once this year. Having said that, he's already told his Mum that if the Covid figures are through the roof we won't be going. The irony is there are plenty of years when I would have preferred to stay at home for Christmas but I really want to go this year. It's been a crappy year, I don't see that next year is going to be much better, and it would be nice to have a bit of fun and normality and see the people we love. But I don't want to break any rules or put my MIL at risk. I am so tired of the whole thing :cry:.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wonderful news @SarahGard83 šŸ’
Iā€™d rather just have a quiet Christmas then lockdown again, I normally spend it at my parents but as they are both older thereā€™s no way Iā€™m putting them at risk especially because I have a teenager whoā€™s school has had big cases of it lately.
Im more pissed off that we couldnā€™t celebrate my sisters and teenagers big birthdays šŸ˜•

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Interesting study on the use of masks and airborne diseases.
personally I think theyā€™re a total waste of time. Theyā€™re not worn or disposed of correctly, theyā€™re used over and over again with little to no cleaning and unless theyā€™re more than 1 layer theyā€™re basically ineffective. Let alone the lack of ability to communicate with others.
All I see is people constantly touching their faces and thereā€™s very little need for them in well ventilated and spaced out buildings.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.