Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not what I said did I do do not twist it! There needs to be a better way like I said maybe vouchers can only be issued for healthy food items! Let’s see how many kids are actually starving because if there was genuine starvation I’m pretty sure the healthy options would be eaten up? EDUCATION is needed would be better though obviously too hard to set up places for kids to eat healthy hearty meals and make sure they are actually getting what they need not what they want or parents want!?like classes to cook n eat I dunno just something to make sure all kids are actually getting what they need?
Im not twisting it. I questioned why the macdonalds were full of parents who can't afford to feed their kids. I agree with the last part but not the hysteria before it ☺

Reactions: 8
Can we stop bashing people on benefits please? There are more people on benefits now than ever before thanks to Covid. If people want to buy their children McDonalds, so what? That’s their choice and you don’t know every family’s circumstances. At least the children are being fed!

Reactions: 29
And here we have it straight with the usual ignorant and uneducated crap! I myself have had to use the benefit system where my kids where younger. I know it is not the free ride some think it is! But I also know it is doable to feed your children well. Knowing that your main outgoing of rent is mostly covered. And knowing g that the money will be in your account regardless of wether you get out of bed that day. Once I regained employment it was sooo much harder and I had so much more respect for the money I earned! And also new that every day I had to get out of bed wether I I was sick tired or depressed or else I would not be paid! I have many many friends and family on benefits some are wanting to work many are quite happy and thoroughly enjoying the extra money and no it isn’t being spent for what it was meant to be FEEDING their children! So whilst you clearly I do not like my opinion I can assure you it is one held by many! And also I am very much entitled to it without being told I’m thick and ignorant! Is it fair that people working there socks off can’t even think about taking their kids to McDonald’s as a treat or have had zero extra help with money during this only has their money cut through no fault of their own! As I said my opinion I am still allowed an opinion in this world am I not?
You can have an opinion but no one said it has to be the right one. Everyone has differing views but its the way your tone is in your replies that is the getting alot of backlash. You are claiming you are right because you've seen it, well I've seen the opposite. I've seen people on furlough living life to the max, going on cheap holidays while on 80% pay having an absolute field day then kicking off when their companies want them back to work claiming its too unsafe in the office. Bare in mind, a few had just come back from Greece at the time of 2 week isolation. Do I think all on furlough were living large and having the time of their lives? No. We are a population of billions and we CANNOT generalise a whole body of people. You do come across ignorant and uneducated if youre basing your opinion of only 'people you know' - you can expand your mind beyond this and realise the importance of ANY food for starving child is FOOD. You can buy a huge oven baked pizza for £1 in many supermarkets, people who are strapped for cash will clearly go for this rather than buying tons of 'healthier options' which usually come with a healthier price tag. Get off your high horse.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
And here we have it straight with the usual ignorant and uneducated crap! I myself have had to use the benefit system where my kids where younger. I know it is not the free ride some think it is! But I also know it is doable to feed your children well. Knowing that your main outgoing of rent is mostly covered. And knowing g that the money will be in your account regardless of wether you get out of bed that day. Once I regained employment it was sooo much harder and I had so much more respect for the money I earned! And also new that every day I had to get out of bed wether I I was sick tired or depressed or else I would not be paid! I have many many friends and family on benefits some are wanting to work many are quite happy and thoroughly enjoying the extra money and no it isn’t being spent for what it was meant to be FEEDING their children! So whilst you clearly I do not like my opinion I can assure you it is one held by many! And also I am very much entitled to it without being told I’m thick and ignorant! Is it fair that people working there socks off can’t even think about taking their kids to McDonald’s as a treat or have had zero extra help with money during this only has their money cut through no fault of their own! As I said my opinion I am still allowed an opinion in this world am I not?
What has this got to do with anything?
It isn't the fault of people who receive free school meal vouchers that covid happened and other people had their income reduced??
No one here understands why you are even ranting about this in the first place?? You're jumping from your friends being abused by people on benefits, to mcdonalds being rammed full of kids apparently because their parents can't afford to feed them and then how you feel so much better about yourself for working rather than needing benefits? Like what?
You brought this up from nowhere on a covid thread.

Reactions: 20
Waiting for my lunch to cook and scrolling through Instagram, I’m really pee’d of and annoyed at all these ’influencers’ either on holiday or ignoring lockdown rules. These people sadly are role models for many young people, it’s no wonder lots of others are breaking rules. I’ve unfollowed a lot of people today 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Are people with lower income not allowed to treat themselves to a McDonald’s if they want?

Reactions: 22
Has anyone else's childs school done this?

2 bubbles bursts (X's kids tested positive), the school didn't let those 2 year groups in on Friday but have said all children (other than the positive cases) must be back in on Monday. This is the second time they have done this. Apparently it's PHE advice? It's gives me zero confidence in school, the bubbles are tit anyway, with parents and kids mixing before and after school on the site but the school are adamant this is what's happening.
Both kids were in school Monday 8.30-12, they had their test done on Tuesday and it came back positive Friday. So they surely would have been contagious on Monday.
It should be 2 weeks isolation after contact with a positive case so if the contact was Monday then it’s 2 weeks from Monday

Reactions: 1
Imagine begrudging a child living in poverty a McDonalds Happy Meal. It costs £2.99 ffs, hardly breaking the bank is it? 🙄

I’m just amazed they’re £2.99 now!! “In my day” they were £1.99! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I agree with this though. It’s good that you can reduce quarantine if you wanted to get around it, if you really wanted to see family abroad this would be worth it. Travel is unnecessary though so I think it’s fair the tests are private.
Hold the page. How is this a good idea?
I thought that the virus could incubate for up to 14 days and that was why, despite a negative test, one would still have to quarantine for 14 days.

5 days plus a test, still won’t pick up those who are positive from day 6? Doesn’t make sense to me.

Reactions: 5
It should be 2 weeks isolation after contact with a positive case so if the contact was Monday then it’s 2 weeks from Monday
Well the school aren't doing that. Is there somewhere we can report them? I know that sounds really petty but I'm absolutely sick to death of taking my kids to school and feeling like I'm dumping them in a lions cage all day. The head has said it's not if the rest of the year group get cases now but when.

Reactions: 2
Lost someone this week, not “due to covid” or “with” covid or “had covid” in the last 86 days.

but I do wonder how much of 2020 contributed to his death, he lost his spark during lockdown, contact with his grandchildren and family, and as we’ve all said before, how many others will die in the months and years to come that has duck all to do with the actual virus

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Lost someone this week, not “due to covid” or “with” covid or “had covid” in the last 86 days.

but I do wonder how much of 2020 contributed to his death, he lost his spark during lockdown, contact with his grandchildren and family, and as we’ve all said before, how many others will die in the months and years to come that has duck all to do with the actual virus
I’m sorry for your loss ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well the school aren't doing that. Is there somewhere we can report them? I know that sounds really petty but I'm absolutely sick to death of taking my kids to school and feeling like I'm dumping them in a lions cage all day. The head has said it's not if the rest of the year group get cases now but when.
I would perhaps phone PHE as your first port of call, from what you have said, they’re not following correct procedures. My son is off school at the moment due to a positive case in his bubble and I have to say I’m relieved he’s not in school though obviously hoping he hasn’t picked anything up this time. It’s such a worrying time x

Reactions: 1
Just taken the dog out for a walk In the woods.... there was a group of about 40 people they looked like they were filming something. No make or social distancing. I understand the rules are slightly different if it’s classed as “work” but boiled my piss alittle....

Has anyone else's childs school done this?

2 bubbles bursts (X's kids tested positive), the school didn't let those 2 year groups in on Friday but have said all children (other than the positive cases) must be back in on Monday. This is the second time they have done this. Apparently it's PHE advice? It's gives me zero confidence in school, the bubbles are tit anyway, with parents and kids mixing before and after school on the site but the school are adamant this is what's happening.
Both kids were in school Monday 8.30-12, they had their test done on Tuesday and it came back positive Friday. So they surely would have been contagious on Monday.
It does seem the advice, or how schools handle it has changed. In September we would get an email of a positive case and was told the whole year group was to stay home for 14 days. As time has gone on the emails have changed, and they now say that there has been a case and that child will be isolating, and anybody in close contact has been notified and will also have to isolate. I'm taking that as children sat directly in front or to the side of them 🤔
No more are they sending whole year groups, or even classes home. Sort of defeats the object of bubbles in my opinion, that said I was getting 2 emails a week at one point, and now its maybe one email fortnightly, so I can only assume the rate is slowing in schools - or at least in our area anyway.

All schools are handling the spread differently. The senior school my son attends they're making kids sanitise hands before entering a class, then they have to wipe the table down with spray before they leave.
At my daughters college they don't do that but have a rota system where Year 1s go in one week and Year 2s home learn, then they swap the next week.
Touch wood it seems to have worked... so far!

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.