Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can 200 % guarantee it's a genuine article bar showing the name of the school.
Sorry, I wasn't meaning that in the sense of disputing it was genuine. I just think it's amusing they've sent something important in a font that screams the opposite.

Reactions: 4
This is the letter sent home yesterday from our school from the Public health agency View attachment 319402
You could read that two ways though. I'd take from that you must inform them, because if your child was positive they need to take action. It doesn't specifically ask for proof of the result though.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that in the sense of disputing it was genuine. I just think it's amusing they've sent something important in a font that screams the opposite.
I hadn't even noticed! All the letters from my children's school are done in this font.

Reactions: 1
All their letters are like that even permission slips ? only data collection sheets are more formal looking.

Reactions: 2
You could read that two ways though. I'd take from that you must inform them, because if your child was positive they need to take action. It doesn't specifically ask for proof of the result though.

I hadn't even noticed! All the letters from my children's school are done in this font.
They sent text reminders about emailing the school even during school breaks ? or else they can't return within 14 days.

They sent text reminders about emailing the school even during school breaks ?
Yeah but surely that's just because they need to know if someone tests positive? Say four days into a school holiday a child gets a positive result, they will have been in school whilst being contagious. They simply want confirmation of a positive or negative result, not physical proof of that result.

Yeah but surely that's just because they need to know if someone tests positive? Say four days into a school holiday a child gets a positive result, they will have been in school whilst being contagious. They simply want confirmation of a positive or negative result, not physical proof of that result.
Idk I assumed it meant they wanted proof either way before the child could return ? as in the second paragraph it states if the child is pos they want informed also ?

Idk I assumed it meant they wanted proof either way before the child could return ? as in the second paragraph it states if the child is pos they want informed also ?
The gov guidelines say they can’t ask for proof

Reactions: 4
It just reads to me that they want to be informed either way. Assuming because if your child was off potentially positive it would exclude close contacts from coming into school. Informing them means less loss of education hours etc. Then obviously if they are positive they have to prepare for those pupils who’ll be medically excluded from attending school because they’re a close contact.

I think it’s open to perception but I don’t think it’s a requirement to send proof of test result unless that’s the parents decision if you know what I mean

Reactions: 3
Families could meet for up to a week at Xmas. Well what’s the bleeping point in a lockdown if they’re going to let us mix? Makes no sense to me at all. No sense.

unless it’ll be like the other times they told us it would be a disaster - like the beach day, VE Day, BLM protests etc.

the only difference is this is all indoors so could be very different.

Reactions: 6
Our household had to test just before the schools went back in Sept. I managed to speak to the school on the teacher day before school restarted and they said that it was our word only, no proof, just let them know either way. If it was negative, they'd see us on the next day as expected.

I was quite surprised (so surprised I queried it and said I was happy to provide the proof anyway) and felt weirdly uncomfortable as I walked my childen through the gate the next day, having got the negative result by email at 11pm. Obviously it did occur to me that people could just lie but surely the people who did would be in the minority.

Reactions: 3
Families could meet for up to a week at Xmas. Well what’s the bleeping point in a lockdown if they’re going to let us mix? Makes no sense to me at all. No sense.

unless it’ll be like the other times they told us it would be a disaster - like the beach day, VE Day, BLM protests etc.

the only difference is this is all indoors so could be very different.
Although lockdowns are a touchy subject for people, I think in terms of 'saving christmas' and allowing families to mingle for them vital few days for some - having as much of the population furloughed/at home will be beneficial in saving lives/lowering infections on the lead up to christmas as its inevitable hospitality/retail/whatnot will spread the virus-like wildfire in the busy coming periods

• Sad
Although lockdowns are a touchy subject for people, I think in terms of 'saving christmas' and allowing families to mingle for them vital few days for some - having as much of the population furloughed/at home will be beneficial in saving lives/lowering infections on the lead up to christmas as its inevitable hospitality/retail/whatnot will spread the virus-like wildfire in the busy coming periods
Good point. Hadn’t thought of that. In the absence of Xmas drinks, boozy Xmas lunches etc.

The gov guidelines say they can’t ask for proof
Idk it's just what our school have asked for the different regions might differ (or maybe it's the schools policy) teachers have been allowed PPE here since day 1 but other regions haven't?

It’ll be devastating for hospitality financially though. Christmas is one of their busiest times of the year - if not the busiest

Reactions: 5
Our household had to test just before the schools went back in Sept. I managed to speak to the school on the teacher day before school restarted and they said that it was our word only, no proof, just let them know either way. If it was negative, they'd see us on the next day as expected.

I was quite surprised (so surprised I queried it and said I was happy to provide the proof anyway) and felt weirdly uncomfortable as I walked my childen through the gate the next day, having got the negative result by email at 11pm. Obviously it did occur to me that people could just lie but surely the people who did would be in the minority.
Yeah how would they know ? you could just send them anyway especially if you had to work .

It just reads to me that they want to be informed either way. Assuming because if your child was off potentially positive it would exclude close contacts from coming into school. Informing them means less loss of education hours etc. Then obviously if they are positive they have to prepare for those pupils who’ll be medically excluded from attending school because they’re a close contact.

I think it’s open to perception but I don’t think it’s a requirement to send proof of test result unless that’s the parents decision if you know what I mean
No the school texted to say they want proof via email before the child can return (if neg) 😂 otherwise they can't return inside 14 days ...maybe it's their own policy?

Last edited:
The school don't ask for proof of a negative test result.
I got my youngest a test this week, the results were back in 18 hours and I just had to ring the school and say it was negative. They never asked for proof which is ridiculous in itself. Im not sure if there is a legal reason why they can't ask for it? I will definitely be looking at contacting someone. I have aired my views with the head but I may aswell have banged my head against a brick wall for all the good it did.
Contact public health at your local authority. Ours even has its own email address to report concerns X

This 'soft' lockdown has been a joke, earlier took my dogs for a walk, very near the main road into Cornwall, blimey the road was just as busy as a normal Saturday, so much for folks staying at home, oh and saw a few caravans, where are you gona park??
Really pisses me off as we've tried so hard to comply with the guidances, but others are blatantly ignoring it, this covid will never go away, and I'm one who doesn't trust this vaccine, I really hope it works, but we won't know for years.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.