Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It does seem the advice, or how schools handle it has changed. In September we would get an email of a positive case and was told the whole year group was to stay home for 14 days. As time has gone on the emails have changed, and they now say that there has been a case and that child will be isolating, and anybody in close contact has been notified and will also have to isolate. I'm taking that as children sat directly in front or to the side of them 🤔
No more are they sending whole year groups, or even classes home. Sort of defeats the object of bubbles in my opinion, that said I was getting 2 emails a week at one point, and now its maybe one email fortnightly, so I can only assume the rate is slowing in schools - or at least in our area anyway.

All schools are handling the spread differently. The senior school my son attends they're making kids sanitise hands before entering a class, then they have to wipe the table down with spray before they leave.
At my daughters college they don't do that but have a rota system where Year 1s go in one week and Year 2s home learn, then they swap the next week.
Touch wood it seems to have worked... so far!
My children's schools are doing the same. So only the children in immediate close proximity of the child who tests positive will be sent home. If there's a further case in the class then the whole bubble has to isolate.

Similar with secondary. One child positive then just the very close contacts isolate. The bubble doesn't burst until there have been more than two positive cases in the same bubble AND transmission is proven to have happened at school. This changed sometime toward the end of Sept from the original rules. I'd assumed it was national policy but it seems everywhere is different.

Reactions: 3
My. Kids secondary are now just sending close contacts home, not the entire year group. The primary however still is in year bubbles and they all go home

It does seem the advice, or how schools handle it has changed. In September we would get an email of a positive case and was told the whole year group was to stay home for 14 days. As time has gone on the emails have changed, and they now say that there has been a case and that child will be isolating, and anybody in close contact has been notified and will also have to isolate. I'm taking that as children sat directly in front or to the side of them 🤔
No more are they sending whole year groups, or even classes home. Sort of defeats the object of bubbles in my opinion, that said I was getting 2 emails a week at one point, and now its maybe one email fortnightly, so I can only assume the rate is slowing in schools - or at least in our area anyway.

All schools are handling the spread differently. The senior school my son attends they're making kids sanitise hands before entering a class, then they have to wipe the table down with spray before they leave.
At my daughters college they don't do that but have a rota system where Year 1s go in one week and Year 2s home learn, then they swap the next week.
Touch wood it seems to have worked... so far!
Our school is not even asking close contacts in the class to isolate these are 5/6 years olds and 7/8 years olds, so the hygiene and social distancing will be pretty non existent.
The trouble with not asking the close contacts to self isolate is that the children in these years have siblings in other years.
Honestly christmas holidays cannot come soon enough for me, at least I won't have to worry myself sick about my children's wellbeing!

Reactions: 5
I'm desperate for the school holidays too, just want a respite from it all. We'll the school stuff, I'm working over Christmas.

Had a lovely walk with my sister, she almost ended in the canal when her dog pulled her so we had a laugh at her expense but it was just nice to spend some time together.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm desperate for the school holidays too, just want a respite from it all. We'll the school stuff, I'm working over Christmas.

Had a lovely walk with my sister, she almost ended in the canal when her dog pulled her so we had a laugh at her expense but it was just nice to spend some time together.
Yes I'm working too as is my husband but I honestly would rather do the childcare juggle than this. It's just so stressful and anxiety inducing, dropping your children to school should not be such a crappy experience. I'm hating every single minute of it at the moment, I'm trying so hard to not let my children see too as I don't want any of my anxiety rubbing off on them.
If the school/la weren't enforcing fines then I would have pulled them out now. I know a fair few parents have now after this latest debacle but unfortunately I don't have the funds to pay the fines 😖

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Our school is not even asking close contacts in the class to isolate these are 5/6 years olds and 7/8 years olds, so the hygiene and social distancing will be pretty non existent.
The trouble with not asking the close contacts to self isolate is that the children in these years have siblings in other years.
Honestly christmas holidays cannot come soon enough for me, at least I won't have to worry myself sick about my children's wellbeing!
God thats really bad! It absolutely could easily spread to older siblings and parents and disrupt so many people unnecessarily!
Maybe it worth trying to contact PHE, or even your local education authority and see what they say. You'd think rules were rules and not up for being adjusted. I really don't blame you for looking forward to the holidays, I would be too in that situation!

Reactions: 2
I still think it will be like the flu vaccine and there’s not enough supply

I really hope I’m wrong 🥴
And like with the Flu vaccine- you can still get flu of whichever strand they haven't found vaccine for yet! They can only predict each year which flu strands they think will be most active and vaccine against those. Your still at risk of flu! Will these COVID vaccines keep people 100% protected from contracting COVID or will there still be the chance to get it, but no so bad with a vaccine.

Personally I'm not willing to risk a rushed vaccine for an illness we have known very little about and are still learning from

Reactions: 1
Yes I'm working too as is my husband but I honestly would rather do the childcare juggle than this. It's just so stressful and anxiety inducing, dropping your children to school should not be such a crappy experience. I'm hating every single minute of it at the moment, I'm trying so hard to not let my children see too as I don't want any of my anxiety rubbing off on them.
If the school/la weren't enforcing fines then I would have pulled them out now. I know a fair few parents have now after this latest debacle but unfortunately I don't have the funds to pay the fines 😖
I do wish it were up to personal choice in a way, tho I guess vulnerable children will then not go to school.
Can you pretend one of your children has symptoms so you all need to “self isolate?!” 😜 or would you then need to provide a negative test result?! Xxx

Reactions: 1
What got me during the lockdown, when my grandmother was shielding, and my kids couldn't go into the house, like they always did on a Sunday. Had to stand ar the garden path, the kids were upset and when we left, my daughter turned to me and asked. "Is Grammy mad at us, is that why we're not allowed in the house.'

• Sad
Reactions: 13
additions to the poll questions if anyone wants to vote.....

67A34B62-F8EE-4B17-B8FB-CE18A720A6A2.jpeg

edit.... ooooh fascinating already 😮

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I still remember at the start of this year, when I was drinking a bottle of Corona Lager, and she said "Daddy, no, you can't get sick, I don't want to lose my Daddy. It took my girlfriend to explain that it wasn't the beer making people ill. It's hard to explain to a three year old what's going on in the world. She knows more now, understanding it a little more. I think the hardest thing for her was not going to nursery, playing with her friends, going to tea parties at her cousin's houses. I'm glad her brother is just a year old, and doesn't even understand what is going on.

• Sad
I do wish it were up to personal choice in a way, tho I guess vulnerable children will then not go to school.
Can you pretend one of your children has symptoms so you all need to “self isolate?!” 😜 or would you then need to provide a negative test result?! Xxx
The school don't ask for proof of a negative test result.
I got my youngest a test this week, the results were back in 18 hours and I just had to ring the school and say it was negative. They never asked for proof which is ridiculous in itself. Im not sure if there is a legal reason why they can't ask for it? I will definitely be looking at contacting someone. I have aired my views with the head but I may aswell have banged my head against a brick wall for all the good it did.

Reactions: 4
The school don't ask for proof of a negative test result.
I got my youngest a test this week, the results were back in 18 hours and I just had to ring the school and say it was negative. They never asked for proof which is ridiculous in itself. Im not sure if there is a legal reason why they can't ask for it? I will definitely be looking at contacting someone. I have aired my views with the head but I may aswell have banged my head against a brick wall for all the good it did.
We have to email the neg result through before the child can return to school ,your school seems to be doing their own thing?

We have to email the neg result through before the child can return to school ,your school seems to be doing their own thing?
Our school aren't allowed to ask for proof of a negative test. As mentioned, I think it's some legal thing - it was specified in all the return to school guidance in September.

Our school aren't allowed to ask for proof of a negative test. As mentioned, I think it's some legal thing - it was specified in all the return to school guidance in September.
This is the letter sent home yesterday from our school from the Public health agency
4BAF7BAD-30B2-41CD-894B-0798ED909660.jpeg

Our friends have been very OTT with this. They haven’t let anybody hold their baby. They don’t go out except to parents houses or work. They don’t do anything at all. Yet one of them has to self isolate after being in contact with someone who has tested positive at work but he is still going to his parents house and she’s said that her OH will drop my sons birthday gift off this week. Erm. No he will not.
If the boot was on the other foot she would be going absolutely mental. We weren’t allowed anywhere near after flying abroad “just incase”. I hate what this has done to people.

Important information written in Comic Sans...
I hate comic sans with a passion but isn’t there something about it being one of the easiest fonts for those with dyslexia? So I think lots of schools use it frequently.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.