Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The advice in Ireland is not to go to work if you have been in contact with a close case, not sure what the status is in UK/NI

How to self-quarantine
If you are well, but you have been in close contact with a case of coronavirus you may need to self-quarantine. This is to stop other people from getting it if you develop symptoms.

Self-quarantine means avoiding contact with other people as much as possible by staying at home or in your hotel.

You can still go outside for walks, runs or cycles on your own. But you should not spend time in close contact with other people.

Other household members do not need to restrict their activities unless they are told to.

Don't
Do not go to school, college or work.
Do not use public transport.
Do not go to meetings, social gatherings, group events or crowded places.
Do not have visitors at your home.
Do not go shopping - where possible, order your groceries online or have some family or friends drop them off.
Do not contact older people, people with chronic health problems and pregnant women.
Do not travel outside or within Ireland.

I think it’s the same here, I even got told of 111 for everyone to self isolate including my son. (He won’t be going to preschool for the next week) however my husband’s work were adamant he had to go to work otherwise they would be further action 😖

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Horrendous dry cough. tight chest & hot and cold sweats with a headache, Feels mainly like the flu. I had the worst nights sleep I think I’ve probably ever had.. coughed so much I was sick 😖 hoping it passes soon.
Get well soon.

Reactions: 1
I'm fascinated watching Arlene and Leo 😆

No offense to our Irish tattlers but this production seems very amateur - shaky out of focus camera, blue chairs on a blue background. But at least they have glass bottles not plastic 😁
Ah yes...would much rather BoJo The Clown representing us.....

Said nobody ever

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Following

my work just text us all to remind us to regularly use the hand sanitiser that’s in the restaurant to ensure customers can see us doing what we can. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Not, so we can all stay safe and keep people safe, but so our reputation is safe 🙄

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

No offense to our Irish tattlers but this production seems very amateur - shaky out of focus camera, blue chairs on a blue background. But at least they have glass bottles not plastic 😁
Any time I see her on screen I automatically think Mama Fratelli from the goonies :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For me there are too many mixed messages and i think the goal posts are forever being moved in terms of symptoms.
Panic buying and clearing shelves of toilet roll and handwash is so unfair. Me personally i haven"t had the time due to working OR THE SPARE MONEY to go out and stock up on things just incase I do have to stay in doors. So now when I try and do my online shop the essentials such as tins, rice, pasta are out of stock so yeah cheers for that!

Who remembers the swine flu epidemic? Can anyone remember it blowing up like this? Or just a few years ago that awful aussie flu that wiped you out for 3 weeks? We were given all these warnings back then?

Reactions: 7
Ah yes...would much rather BoJo The Clown representing us.....

Said nobody ever
What you on about he’s a perfectly intelligent specimen.......I think my 8 year old speaks better than him in a presentation but that doesn’t mean anything 😂

• Haha
I never usually listen to Radio 2 but it is terrific. Paul Gambaccini Pick of the Pops. 1974. Not a mention of the C word. Just joyful tunes.

Reactions: 4
Any time I see her on screen I automatically think Mama Fratelli from the goonies :ROFLMAO:
I loved dead ringers on radio 4, with Arlene making Theresa May her witch. Why don't they do another series of that right now? That's the kind of light comedy in the face of this that we need!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
For me there are too many mixed messages and i think the goal posts are forever being moved in terms of symptoms.
Panic buying and clearing shelves of toilet roll and handwash is so unfair. Me personally i haven"t had the time due to working OR THE SPARE MONEY to go out and stock up on things just incase I do have to stay in doors. So now when I try and do my online shop the essentials such as tins, rice, pasta are out of stock so yeah cheers for that!

Who remembers the swine flu epidemic? Can anyone remember it blowing up like this? Or just a few years ago that awful aussie flu that wiped you out for 3 weeks? We were given all these warnings back then?
Was the swine flu a world wide epidemic. Social media wasn’t as rife then. I had to actually log into a computer to access it 😂 I remember it but I was younger and care free!

Reactions: 5

I was trying to remember if it was like this for swine flu this Morning and I honestly can’t remember.

The reason countries have put their citizens into mass lockdown is because many who are showing symptoms don’t follow the medical advice given because it’s at odds with what their employer is saying- or those wanting to self isolate are (understandably!) seriously concerned about the implications of doing this and not going to work and therefore earning - and the govt is not doing enough to address this.

quite frankly the majority who are sick but not self isolating for financial reasons will remain not too until they are forced. And the majority of employers will remain pushing their sick work force into work therefore spreading this disease.

money is always the motivator sadly.

We need a lock down now.

Reactions: 4
No swine flu was nothing like this, countries weren't locking down, borders closed, people trapped on ships etc. Any similarities with swine flu ended at least a month ago.

Reactions: 10
Ireland is in the U.K...

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.