Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't possibly catch up on the thread from yesterday since its moving too fast but I saw people were posting links to New York Times articles. They have lifted the paywall for the new coronavirus section but still want you to log in so they have your information so...

If you want to read anything on that site here is a little hack, after .com and before / put a .

example: .com./

then you can read whatever you want ;)

Stay safe lovlies 😷😘

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
My husband endeared himself to me today. Again. He went out early to stock up on cigarettes 😂 - I just came back from the shop and told him yet again no bog roll or pasta to which he replied 'oh I looked when I was there as I knew you'd be interested and there was loads'.
And he didn't think to buy ANY. Luckily I can laugh. It is a hysterical high pitched laugh accompanied by a twitch in my eye, but it is a laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Anyone else feel 😐 when they see people on Facebook and Instagram away to theme parks, museums, soft plays and other huge public places? I’m gobsmacked the amount of people still going

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Is anyone else getting annoyed with family members that work for the NHS playing down the risk to old family members and speaking as if they're an expert?

One was saying on a group chat with high risk people it's fine to go out and do things, just don't spend 15 minutes within 2 meters of someone that has come back from an infected area. 😬 All it takes is a sneeze or touching some droplets. If it was really that difficult to pickup it wouldn't be spreading from unknown sources like it has been.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My family who work in the NHS are doing telephone only consultations from next week which isn’t really a surprise.

Reactions: 5
If we are froced on a lockdown or even just told to self isolate then what happens in terms of pay? Would the government order firms to pay full wages as not everyone has a job they can do from home and not everyone can afford to live on SSP.
Health is very important but so is keeping a roof over your head and your bills up to date.

All these folks with 3 dozen bog rolls in their homes be like....well I can't pay my rent or my bills as SSP isn't enough but at least I can wipe my arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anyone else feel 😐 when they see people on Facebook and Instagram away to theme parks, museums, soft plays and other huge public places? I’m gobsmacked the amount of people still going
I'm sat in a soft play right now. Staff going round cleaning, it's not that busy. Don't feel like we shouldn't be here tbh. It could be the last trip out for a while , who knows.

Reactions: 12
111 has advised everyone in my household has to self isolate with me being the only one showing symptoms. My husband rang he’s work and they have told him he has to go into work untill he shows symptoms.... do they not realise this is why it is spreading so much 😣

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
111 has advised everyone in my household has to self isolate with me being the only one showing symptoms. My husband rang he’s work and they have told him he has to go into work untill he shows symptoms.... do they not realise this is why it is spreading so much 😣
Honestly no wonder it's spreading when people like that aren't taking it seriously.
Hope your ok

Reactions: 9
What are your symptoms? I have had a dry cough since monday but having said that I have just got over a pretty awful cold. My cough is only bad if im out in the cold air though

Reactions: 2
The advice in Ireland is not to go to work if you have been in contact with a close case, not sure what the status is in UK/NI

How to self-quarantine
If you are well, but you have been in close contact with a case of coronavirus you may need to self-quarantine. This is to stop other people from getting it if you develop symptoms.

Self-quarantine means avoiding contact with other people as much as possible by staying at home or in your hotel.

You can still go outside for walks, runs or cycles on your own. But you should not spend time in close contact with other people.

Other household members do not need to restrict their activities unless they are told to.

Don't
Do not go to school, college or work.
Do not use public transport.
Do not go to meetings, social gatherings, group events or crowded places.
Do not have visitors at your home.
Do not go shopping - where possible, order your groceries online or have some family or friends drop them off.
Do not contact older people, people with chronic health problems and pregnant women.
Do not travel outside or within Ireland.

Reactions: 1
Honestly no wonder it's spreading when people like that aren't taking it seriously.
Hope your ok
I don’t feel like a lot of work places are if I’m honest. One manager “well we’re all Gona get it anyway” there is people in he’s work that have just beaten cancer. Such a risk when it really could be prevented. Thankyou 😊

Reactions: 6
I don’t feel like a lot of work places are if I’m honest. One manager “well we’re all Gona get it anyway” there is people in he’s work that have just beaten cancer. Such a risk when it really could be prevented. Thankyou 😊
It's disgusting, they might not be worried for them selves but they should be for other people.. Its so selfish

Reactions: 7
My work sent two people home who had heavy colds but one guy was coughing and sneezing freely without covering his mouth. Covid or no covid thats just disgusting anyway. Got sent home but not before a bollocking off the lady who had to sit next to him in the office.

Reactions: 3
What are your symptoms? I have had a dry cough since monday but having said that I have just got over a pretty awful cold. My cough is only bad if im out in the cold air though
Horrendous dry cough. tight chest & hot and cold sweats with a headache, Feels mainly like the flu. I had the worst nights sleep I think I’ve probably ever had.. coughed so much I was sick 😖 hoping it passes soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
My work sent two people home who had heavy colds but one guy was coughing and sneezing freely without covering his mouth. Covid or no covid thats just disgusting anyway. Got sent home but not before a bollocking off the lady who had to sit next to him in the office.
That's just disgusting, people's hygiene and manners baffle me

Reactions: 6
Horrendous dry cough. tight chest & hot and cold sweats with a headache, Feels mainly like the flu. I had the worst nights sleep I think I’ve probably ever had.. coughed so much I was sick 😖 hoping it passes soon.
I hope you're ok, stay safe 😘

Reactions: 4
I'm fascinated watching Arlene and Leo 😆

No offense to our Irish tattlers but this production seems very amateur - shaky out of focus camera, blue chairs on a blue background. But at least they have glass bottles not plastic 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.