Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I was wrong - I thought I had read confirmed. I do know it’s true that Moorends closed for the reasons stated though.

I wrote Doncaster/East Yorkshire because the regions share a border, Doncaster postcodes go into EY. not to imply that Doncaster was IN East Yorkshire.

I stand by the point I was making all that aside that it’s circulating in areas where it’s not officially confirmed though. If you want to believe it’s not there that’s fine 🤷‍♀️
I wasnt having a go at you it's the freepress I'm mad at they have headlines saying basically its confirmed when it was a teacher who had gone on training and may have it or may not,we wont know until a positive test happens.It probably is in my area but until it's a confirmed case I'm trying not to panic as I'll worry myself sick 😕

Reactions: 2
Following from the last thread - it’s taken China 8 weeks or so to get back to some form of normality. I know they are asking people entering the country from the UK to self isolate for two weeks there now. Surely we do not have months and months left of this here in the UK. Maybe it’ll peak before the government expect?
Firstly, I take anything coming out of China with a massive pinch of salt, secondly they quarantined people and areas too fast. There is no way that a population the size of China's will have acquired the herd immunity required to prevent this virus returning and spreading a second time. Despite what some may think, the slower and more measured response from our government will have a better outcome in the long run.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The more I read the symptoms and hear the few stories from people who have had it and recovered,the more it sounds like whatever strain of flu I had last year. It was like flu I'd never had before and it floored me for over a month, and I usually get over cold and flu quite quickly. Even going to the toilet left me struggling to breathe. I remember one night sat on the edge of the bed trying to get my breath back, I'd just about crawled back from the toilet.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I do the same, I have turned the news off on my phone and muted any groups on Facebook with updates. Unfollowed sky also. I think it becomes such an obsession looking for info
I’m the same. The cases are going to go up and it’s going to sound like a lot and we have to accept this is going to go on for months it won’t be done and dusted after Easter hols. And if it’s causing anxiety we need to do things like this to manage it as you can’t be in a high state of anxiety for the duration (well you can but it will make the entire thing so much worse!)

Reactions: 6
Firstly, I take anything coming out of China with a massive pinch of salt, secondly they quarantined people and areas too fast. There is no way that a population the size of China's will have required the herd immunity required to prevent this virus returning and spreading a second time. Despite what some may think, the slower and more measured response from our government will have a better outcome in the long run.
I agree with how we are approaching it, in terms of delaying it. I just can’t see how or when this will stop. Most events are cancelled until April or the end of April right now.

Reactions: 4
Firstly, I take anything coming out of China with a massive pinch of salt, secondly they quarantined people and areas too fast. There is no way that a population the size of China's will have acquired the herd immunity required to prevent this virus returning and spreading a second time. Despite what some may think, the slower and more measured response from our government will have a better outcome in the long run.
This is it, their second wave will hit hard. Our first wave may be worse but hopefully it will then ease the second wave

Reactions: 2
This is it, their second wave will hit hard. Our first wave may be worse but hopefully it will then ease the second wave
When is our first wave meant to hit? The 10-14 weeks?

Do we expect to be like Italy by then?

I wish we could just get real honest informwtion and we know where we stand. I know nobody can predict it or else we would be very rich, but someone must know something.

Reactions: 4
I’m concerned that on friday a lady was sent home from work with proof that her dr had advised to self isolate ( she looked awful!) our office is all open plan with 400+ employees and there is close contact, I myself fall into a vulnerable category and i am terrified that my work place is somewhere this could affect.
Do you think I should raise this to HR?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
When is our first wave meant to hit? The 10-14 weeks?

Do we expect to be like Italy by then?

I wish we could just get real honest informwtion and we know where we stand. I know nobody can predict it or else we would be very rich, but someone must know something.
I think that’s what they’re saying 10-14 weeks to peak

I’m concerned that on friday a lady was sent home from work with proof that her dr had advised to self isolate ( she looked awful!) our office is all open plan with 400+ employees and there is close contact, I myself fall into a vulnerable category and i am terrified that my work place is somewhere this could affect.
I would raise it with your HR better to be safe and for your peace of mind

Reactions: 5
Yes! I'm very surprised you haven't all been told to not come back in until she has been tested and if positive the office needs to be deep cleaned. I think you are well within your rights to phone in on Monday and say you won't be back until you know the status of that person. Do you feel you could do that? Are you in contact with other colleagues? I bet some of them are very worried too. Present a united front.

Reactions: 6
One of my relatives was due to go to tunisia yesterday, she got to the airport an was allowed to check in, she was sat waiting to board and was informed the flight was cancelled.
THEN they changed it and was allowed to go, they got 40 minutes away from tunisia and was told they couldn't enter the air space as they had banned flights from the UK (to name but 1) they had to refule and then traveled back to the UK.
I can't understand why they set off in the first place.

Random but that's all I have at the moment lol

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Me too, they're censoring information as always

Reactions: 3
Yes! I'm very surprised you haven't all been told to not come back in until she has been tested and if positive the office needs to be deep cleaned. I think you are well within your rights to phone in on Monday and say you won't be back until you know the status of that person. Do you feel you could do that? Are you in contact with other colleagues? I bet some of them are very worried too. Present a united front.
im not wanting to go in on Monday so I will be calling to voice my concern, the only information we’ve received is all desks now have wipes and extra cleaners during the day but if this lady tests positive I’m not risking my health, my husband also works there and he sits across from the lady he said manger has told her to go home and to carry on. I’m shocked tbh!

• Wow
  • Sad
I'd rather the media did put the facts out there than keep things from us ..people need to realise the seriousness of this . My local hospital has a woman in an induced coma because of the virus . It isn't just hype it's real.
Yes but without more information about the specifics, posting there’s a woman in a coma with it, is just hype!

How old is she? Did she smoke? Any other health issues? Did she catch it by direct contact or indirect contact? Eg A healthy 34 year old is a big step away from an 82 year old with COPD, we need details!

worst thing you can do is send them back to school with the intelligence of....an influencers child 🤪
In my head, we’re going to get up everyday do some yoga, an hour of two of school stuff, then craft stuff/baking .... I give it two days 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m currently in self isolation for a week. I’ve got the worse cough & just feel like I’ve got the flu..... what’s more worrying is I’m stuck indoors for a whole 7 DAYS with a three year old 🙈😂

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.