Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not in Wales and I’ve been avoiding the news this week but all the stuff with them sealing off bits off the supermarket...have they at any point said we are doing this because we believe...and then whatever their reasons are? I think it’s ridiculous personally but what I feel really pissed off about is if they’ve done it without trying to give any scientific explanation for why they think it will make a positive difference. Don’t treat the general public like kids ffs, that’s what its coming across like to me 🙄 at least explain your reasoning instead of acting like you have no respect for the people you serve

Reactions: 7
They are saying it’s because it’s unfair other retailers can’t open to sell these things so the supermarkets have a monopoly but they are just giving online an even bigger monopoly 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah, I would likely go to Amazon or whatever in that case.

You'd think mops during a pandemic are definitely essential? The whole point is to reduce the virus spreading!
View attachment 286079
Omg. What bleeping morons. What if people just need a bleeping mop to clean? Which is essential? What if they got a puppy that has an accident inside? Or child? Or someone had a vomiting bug? Omg.

Reactions: 7
This comes across that your husband is financially controlling you and won't let you go anywhere yourself.

Not that you gave a jobsworth a telling.
Oh no, he's a very caring person. I'm sorry so many on here disagree with my post, but we've been shopping together now for fourteen years, it's just what we do. We certainly were not rude to the chap on the door, and it was the other two who said we could shop together.

Reactions: 3
i popped to see my grandparents today and their kettle is on the brink, still working but will need replacing sooner rather than later, she is now panicking she has to go get a kettle asap incase we end up like wales unable to buy anything other than food and booze - absolutely ludicrous how these things are now banned in shops!! Amazon will be having a field day

Reactions: 5
I live in Wales and my local Asda in Blaenau Gwent has the clothing isle completely gated off and noticed pinned up on non-essential items. I think it's ridiculous, tbh - we didn't even have these restrictions in full lockdown in March! I get that they want to reduce the number of people in the shop and take away the browsing element, but if you're in there anyway, you should be able to buy what you want. All people will do is buy online, so they're not helping.
Where my mums family live in north wales thye have blocked off all the alcohol and books! If there was ever a time you needed either of those it would be now... I don't get it at all, either close the shop or sell everything? I feel sorry for the staff they will no doubt get loads of abuse

Reactions: 9
It's the picture of babygrows being taped off that makes me think this is bonkers, surely parents get through baby clothes in dozens as babies grow up quick, but also need changing multiple times a day? This is only going to encourage panic buying online.

Reactions: 16
It's the picture of babygrows being taped off that makes me think this is bonkers, surely parents get through baby clothes in dozens as babies grow up quick, but also need changing multiple times a day? This is only going to encourage panic buying online.
Amazon must be counting their lucky stars

Reactions: 4
I think you should be allowed to browse. The spread isn't happening in grocery stores or retail. It is happening at schools, pubs, and social gatherings where masks are not worn. You are not really constantly around people in the supermarket long enough to catch it (15 minutes minimum).
Is that what they say? You need 15 minutes of contact to catch Covid?

Reactions: 1
When football was starting they spoke about that being why it could be done safely because they're not within two metres of each other for prolonged periods, and when players from opposing teams tested positive they didn't need to all isolate because of the 15 minute 'rule'.

They say if you're in close contact for 15 minutes and over then you're at higher risk of catching it than if you socially distance.

It's obviously not a hard and fast fact though. If someone coughs on you etc. and they're contagious then I doubt it matters whether it's 15 seconds or 15 minutes contact.

Reactions: 5
That is what we are being told in Canada - just through general close contact like talking etc. Obviously if someone sneezes or coughs next to you, that is different.

Reactions: 3
When football was starting they spoke about that being why it could be done safely because they're not within two metres of each other for prolonged periods, and when players from opposing teams tested positive they didn't need to all isolate because of the 15 minute 'rule'.

They say if you're in close contact for 15 minutes and over then you're at higher risk of catching it than if you socially distance.

It's obviously not a hard and fast fact though. If someone coughs on you etc. and they're contagious then I doubt it matters whether it's 15 seconds or 15 minutes contact.
yeh remember that tfl worker who was spat onand died?

Reactions: 1
Ugly scenes in Wales as someone has ripped off the plastic coverings 🤣

3 hours into Day 1 of the 17 days..

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.