Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s is just insane to me that we are facing another national lockdown and all the negatives that comes with and it’s primarily down to the people in this country being selfish assholes.
Under 20% of people are actually isolating when they have symptoms, or tested positive or they have been in close contact with someone who has.
20%!!
And that is self reporting so the actual number is potentially even lower!
I mean what the duck. You are literally causing this mess idiots.
I get that some people will say they can’t afford to but I do not believe that accounts for all the 80% of people across the country who do not isolate.

The gov need to tackle this head on, stop using the dead cat moonshot tactics. We don’t really need a test that gives results in 30 minutes if people still don’t isolate when they are positive!

Put grants in place for people who need to self isolate and raise the fines and consequences of those who don’t do it.

Reactions: 16
If lockdown/circuit breaker can be implemented after next Saturday so my daughter can enjoy her birthday that would be great😅

(Only half joking).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If your in a tier 3 area can you travel to another tier 3 area for a walk outside for instances?

I've seen a few people mentioning school years/bubbles being sent home. This was the initial plan in my area when the schools went back, but this was soon changed to a risk assessment being carried out following a positive case, and only those pupils/staff who have had close contact with the positive case are then told to isolate. Any other areas doing it like this too? No cases as yet in my school but this is how they have done it at the local comps. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes doing that at my school.

Reactions: 2
If your in a tier 3 area can you travel to another tier 3 area for a walk outside for instances?
No

Just found out a colleague at work died of covid last night.

One of the worst things about the last wave was the feeling of being cannon fodder for the government. However it feels even worse this time because I feel that the public now view frontline workers as it too.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
One thing my politics lecturer drummed into us at Uni was you could bend statistics to whatever you want it to be.
Does anyone have a screenshot of the 15-44 slide? What a loads of bollocks! I hope the teaching unions notice this and use it

Well I ate something 2 weeks ago and haven't been right since with sickness and diarrhoea. Had a couple of telephone consultations with my GP but today I laid it on thick to get to see someone.

I was to see the Med Student and then he had to get the GP to check me over. Both of them went on about my breathlessness 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I think I'm just fat.

Anyway the upshot is I've to take a covid test. My gp said I was to say I had a new cough (I don't!!!) It's mental.

I text my employer to say I'd go tommorrow as I was knackered after they'd had me marching round the consulting room. Next thing I'm getting messages saying I've been 14 other people and their families at risk!!! So I went tonight. I got lost and was breathless by the time I found the place. The guy actually said I should be at the Drs 🙄🙄🙄

Anyway I'm now convinced I've got the plague and I'm not gonna make it through the night. And i wish id just put up with the diarrorhea 😢😢😢
How are you today? Let us know how the resutls go. Hope it's negative X

My boyfriend booked us a holiday to Malta in December for my birthday present. I’ve been clinging onto the hope of going since 2 week quarantine isn’t an issue for us with working from home. Only just decided to face the music and google their restrictions to see if it was worth going (didn’t think it would be worth it if boat trips etc were cancelled). Found out you can only order an alcoholic drink if having a full meal, bars not serving food are closed. Don’t think it’s worth going if it’ll be a case of dinner and bed time because we can’t sit in a bar 😩 the smallest of problems in perspective at the minute but sad that my very last plan of the year is probably not going to happen

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I’ve said this a few times but in the NE the rises happened before schools even opened, we had restrictions the week they went back. You can’t blame one sector it’s everywhere 🙈

We’re now seeing the start of a small decline from the restrictions last month despite schools and universities being open. Restrictions on household mixing has slowed it down.

Reactions: 4
I’ll probably be disagreed with but I’m tired of the praise the PM of New Zealand is always getting. Yes they are “covid free” but it’s a tiny island with a tiny population and she has banned them leaving the country indefinitely, right? So that means everyone in NZ will have zero immunity whatsoever, and unless she locks them in forever (human rights violation?) it’ll make its way back and probably consume them at a later date vaccine or not

• Heart
Reactions: 29
YET. I think they're holding off. Schools break up for half term on Friday. I expect an announcement non Thurs/Friday and they'll extend it by a week...aka 2 week circuit break.

Then I think THAT may extend for 1-2 weeks meaning 3-4 week CB in total.

Does anyone know how weather affects the virus? I know Brazil had high numbers (obvs v hot climate). But in the summer numbers hugely dropped. Is that more to do with the fact we'd been locked down for 4mths & schools were shut..?

I still believe that schools opening has caused the rise... Yes kids need to be in school. But blended learning needs to be introduced! 2-3 year groups in each day.... Schools aren't safe even with masks. Not on busy corridors when staff and students are shoulder to shoulder...

Pubs opening in June and there was no 'second wave' rise til end of sept
They've told us 2 weeks but practically everyone feels the kids won't be back this side of Christmas

100% agree. We saw no increase until September when schools and unis went back. Pubs are just the easy scapegoat - easier to close them than it is schools. Blended learning is definitely the way to go, even if just in high school where the kids are older. I know it wouldn’t be easy for many parents but I really don’t see the virus coming under control whilst schools are at full capacity.
If you saw the slide Vallance showed yesterday you'll see it was August things started taking off again so there is something in the hospitality thing ,We've had ours closed here for a couple of weeks and already they're seeing an improvement ,,so I'm convinced it has something to do with it .Our CMO has said the spread in schools is minimal it's the behaviour to and from school that's the problem,especially parents gathering at the school gates that's what's bringing it into schools.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
They've told us 2 weeks but practically everyone feels the kids won't be back this side of Christmas
Did you say the parties were divided over schools?
The problem i have and this is consistant problem is the relentless contradictions.

Once r reaches past 1 we will close things down.
We reached limit of how much we can open then we open up more.

When schools went back a last minute emergency plan if we reach level 5 then schools go virtual or shut.
But how can you have level 5 when there's now only 3levels.
Where's the nandos chart gone?

But we constantly told theres around 3 week lag.
So what good would 2 weeks do in uk not no they decided on 4 with schools for 2.
Why are all governments ideologically keeping schools open face to face if we then closing large parts economy?
If unemployment is really high there's lots at home.
I said before the policy on schools will impact on nhs staffing levels.
As before outbreaks were less when open to keyworkers and vunerable.
Now my understanding is no school provision at all in ni and lots of nhs parents may have to self isolate with their children for 14 day blocks this winter.

Are Scotland and wales as dogmatic abouts schools opening.
I feel annoyed about universities as feel this could have been foreseen and avoided.
This all or nothing education helps no one it will damage the nhs staff levels and the economy more so than shutting them.

Reactions: 7
Did you say the parties were divided over schools?
The problem i have and this is consistant problem is the relentless contradictions.

Once r reaches past 1 we will close things down.
We reached limit of how much we can open then we open up more.

When schools went back a last minute emergency plan if we reach level 5 then schools go virtual or shut.
But how can you have level 5 when there's now only 3levels.
Where's the nandos chart gone?

But we constantly told theres around 3 week lag.
So what good would 2 weeks do in uk not no they decided on 4 with schools for 2.
Why are all governments ideologically keeping schools open face to face if we then closing large parts economy?
If unemployment is really high there's lots at home.
I said before the policy on schools will impact on nhs staffing levels.
As before outbreaks were less when open to keyworkers and vunerable.
Now my understanding is no school provision at all in ni and lots of nhs parents may have to self isolate with their children for 14 day blocks this winter.

Are Scotland and wales as dogmatic abouts schools opening.
I feel annoyed about universities as feel this could have been foreseen and avoided.
This all or nothing education helps no one it will damage the nhs staff levels and the economy more so than shutting them.
The Science and the Gov are divided over the schools ,the scientists have said 6 weeks and Gov wouldn't allow it .There is no keyworker provision for these two weeks as they're calling it a holiday instead of a forced closure but I can't see schools open again in 2 weeks .Now there is concern all the kids haven't had their flu vaccine and they have to work out how that's to be administered.

The Science and the Gov are divided over the schools ,the scientists have said 6 weeks and Gov wouldn't allow it .There is no keyworker provision for these two weeks as they're calling it a holiday instead of a forced closure but I can't see schools open again in 2 weeks .Now there is concern all the kids haven't had their flu vaccine and they have to work out how that's to be administered.
Where I am 3 gp surgeries worked together to do a drive through flu vaccine. Maybe they could do similar

Where I am 3 gp surgeries worked together to do a drive through flu vaccine. Maybe they could do similar
Yes we've had mass flu clinics running for adults this past few weeks (in school assembly halls)but I don't know how they'd go about the same for kids it has to be precision run .

I'm thinking there won't be any changes over the weekend and then they'll slam us down again.

Reactions: 1
How very sad the Mayor of Liverpool's brother has just died from Covid he tweeted about him last night saying he was shocked when he got the phone call to say he was in hospital .He must have went very quick.Edit to say he was only in ICU 1 day :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.