Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SkankHunt42

This is a very sad day for the UK, the day the UK government shows less care for the wellbeing of its citizens than China does. China shut down the country when they had a similar number of cases.

The UK government are gambling with people's lives and hoping for the best. Rather than going on the side of caution.

• Sad
Reactions: 23

Vintage

As someone who has their groceries delivered every week - brought into the kitchen and unpacked from plastic trays-
I would like to see the supermarkets take a lead to protect both their own staff and customers by ditching their
’no carrier bags’ rule and insist on supplies being ‘doorstep deliveries’. it’s a question of priorities now and every little helps as they say.

Reactions: 22

Cjh78

Chatty Member
Congratulations Boris Johnson on taking the easy option - passing all of the responsibility/ownership onto individuals with little guidance.
If you have a cough or fever - isolate yourself for 7 days.
I work in a childcare setting. We constantly have different colds/viruses being passed around. If all staff followed today’s guidance, 90% would not go into work tomorrow. Where does that leave a business and service that is relied on so heavily by the local workforce?!
I have had a sore throat and cough for over 2 weeks, but I will not self isolate with no confirmation of any diagnosed cases in my area.

Horatio

VIP Member
This pic says it all ! we need to think of the vulnerableView attachment 94904
On no....that’s horrible to look at. Though photos can be misleading and maybe she got all she needed ... obviously that may not be the case for everyone which is the point.

where did this come from? Not going to lie, whether it’s with good intentions or not, the idea of this woman having her picture taken without her knowledge and posted online (granted without showing her face) is upsetting too.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I know how harsh this sounds but I kind of wish people would shut up about their holidays, cancel them, and move on - there is not "conflicting messages" the message is stay where the fuck you are and worry about holidays when this is all over ! Saying this as someone who has had to cancel a trip to Italy (and I haven't been on hols in years )
Agreed. My sister is moaning about us not being able to go on her hen to Ibiza in May.

Quite frankly, I'm more worried about my business going under and not being able to pay my mortgage and bills than your stupid fucking Hen Party!

Reactions: 21
This pic says it all ! we need to think of the vulnerableView attachment 94904
I saw this on a local site and I hate it! Not only do we nothing about her situation (for all we know she has already stockpiled and has a million packs of loo rolls, pasta, rice and bourbons at home and this was merely her having a wander around) but we are meant to protect our vulnerable not take photos of them without their knowledge and spread it across the internet! Imagine this was your relative, I dont know about you but I'd be raging that someone has taken advantage of my gran to push their own narrative 😡

Bedshrimp

I spoke to a mum at school today who is a local GP. She basically said that general consensus among GP’s and doctors Boris has done the right thing. He is being advised but the absolute best of the best, the scientists that have been advising him are the best the world has to offer.

she has seen many cases and has spoken to many cases of people that have had the virus and by all accounts the majority of people are getting it mildly, a fever, and a cough. Really not as bad as the flu at all.

she said it's not airborn, you cannot get it by just passing someone in the street unless they were a meter or less away from you and coughed in your face. BUT it does last a long time on surfaces (up to 24 hours hence the upmost importance to wash your hands all the time and not to touch your nose, mouth or ears etc.

I asked her about my mum as she is 74 and suffers with respiratory problems, she suggested buying her a nebuliser and asking the doctor to provide medication just incase which would open up her airways in the worst possible case. She also suggested stocking up on medication which she said the GP’s would happily do.

In terms of the testing, it’s pointless looking at the numbers now as it doesn’t mean a lot. There are probably 30,000 -40,000 that potentially have it or have had it but they are not testing anyone unless they are in hospital. She said the best you can do is stay vigilant and don’t take any risks. Self isolate if you feel you have the symptoms.

Last edited:
  • Heart

justhavinganosie

Chatty Member
My dad is 80 and in the highest risk group.
I love him dearly and I am so scared that this will be what finishes him off.
However, as much as it would break my heart, if it was a choice between a 20 year old getting a ventilator and living another 60 years or my dad getting one to prolong his life a little longer, then I know the 20 year old should have it.
It’s sad that it may have come to this in 2020. 😔
The thought of that breaks my heart. My poor dad is also in his 70s. He is in good health (touch wood) but still. I can’t bear the thought of not having him. My mum died when I was young and it’s always been me and him.

• Sad
  • Heart

Bostonx

VIP Member
Anyone else feeling like to calm down their anxiety they won’t look for updates over the weekend . I feel like sitting with the news on all day isn’t good for my mental health. I just think I will lock the door over the weekend and just keep us all in and play games.
it's not good for me either. My screen time for yesterday was 8 hours all I was doing was reading about it.

• Sad
  • Wow

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
UK Virus ALERT:

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, the level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.
The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout loudly and excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

• Haha

Zenchick101

VIP Member
A lock down here in France was just announced, thought my uk neighbours would want to know. Might be coming up for you guys.

Justhavingalook403

I’ve just being watching utube while preparing dinner, a segment on the corona virus was showed today on this morning. Doctor is advising people to start speaking to their older family members as if it comes down to them contracting the virus “if they actually want to have treatment and if they go into hospital unable to communicate does the family know their wishes “ Philip schofield interrupts and states you mean “ survival of the fittest” 😲

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Emlo

Interesting. What is there to stop doctors or nurses using their own camera phones? Could it be done on a desktop?
No offense but I don’t want to be giving my personal phone number to patients!

Bostonx

VIP Member
I feel like I'm in a movie, like the end of the world movie. I'm so anxious about it

liarliarliar

Just saw a post on my friends status on Facebook, her young relative was supposed to be in hospital for a routine operation, had swabs as part of the pre-op and tested positive. Not been abroad. Must be everywhere and miles more cases than reported.

• Wow
  • Sad