Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes me sad you’d feel guilty seeing people in your own home when it’s allowed 😔😔 hope it wears off soon!
Thank you, I hope so too! I found I was also incredibly anxious going out anywhere at all too but as I’ve done it a bit more often the anxiety has eased, I know a lot of people are feeling that way too so I think it’s good to take little steps and then you start to see it’s not so scary out there as we all felt months ago.

Reactions: 3
Can I ask everyone are you mixing with family members from outside your household and if so are you doing it outdoors?
We have only seen other family twice - both times indoors and shared a car. We felt the car sharing was less risky than a long journey on public transport. In a few weeks time I'm going to my parents for a long weekend too as they live four hours away and a short visit just isn't worth it but i can't face not seeing them for much longer and i say this as someone who usually sees them once every few months already! With friends, I've only met outside but with the weather changing, I doubt walks and picnics will be as appealing! I am happy to meet up with people indoors but I know I have friends who aren't as comfortable and I respect that.

I’ve seen my family (mum/dad/sister) from 2 separate households pretty regularly over the last couple of months and I’ve seen my in laws weekly. They are all my childcare during the week which is one of the reasons, especially the in laws! If another lockdown was imposed (not that I see that happening) I’d still see them all as my husband and I would have to work. We were both at home with them for the original lockdown but we (my husband in particular) wouldn’t be able to do that again.

Reactions: 5
Can I ask everyone are you mixing with family members from outside your household and if so are you doing it outdoors?
I’ll answer this. 🙋‍♀️

I’ve seen my parents and in laws indoors. My SIL indoors. My neighbours indoors. All socially distanced, no masks. Door open when we can. No hugs or kisses. My mum hugged and kissed me once, when I got back from a&e with my son and we had the neg Covid test.

not sure I’ll be so keen with winter on its way and the kiddiwinks back at school.

Oh, I’m definitely a ‘Niamh’ ........ Husband went into work today, rather than WFH ....... first time since March ....... and it was bliss here! Teens were glued to Netflix upstairs, dog was lying in the bay window, so peaceful without another adult. I love him dearly, but I was able to faff about without being interrupted. My last day of freedom is tomorrow, back to school on Thursday ......

Reactions: 5
I haven’t seen my family since Feb and in-laws only last week at a distance outdoors. Seen two friends outdoors for drinks (brought our own) at distance. Kids have only seen friends at porch visits, distanced. We are the odd ones here for sure 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I have seen family and friends indoors. Not different households, and we aren’t hugging/kissing. I wouldn’t force any of my family or friends to do that though if they didn’t feel comfortable.

Reactions: 2
We see our parents indoors, have seen my old grandma outdoors, had a couple of friends in the house and I’ve been out for food with 2 friends together. My daughter has had a few play dates now.
I’m not stopping the kids mixing whatsoever, I’m happy to keep distance and not hug people but I’m comfortable the kids playing and hugging.

Reactions: 6
I’ve seen my mum a few times but only this weekend hugged her (first time since February!) haven’t seen any other family members. My kids have had one play date with their wee friend and me and my friend were distanced but that’s been it

Reactions: 1
Yes but only one household in my house at a time and we do keep a 2m distance (although my 6 year old and 2 year old fail at this with family!).

We have been on playdates but have kept them outside playing.

I live in England, in an area which hasn’t had any outbreaks, and I would consider that im “following the rules”

I see my mum just as much as I did previous to all of this, I see my best friend once/twice a week and I’ve seen other friends on days out/when we’ve been for meals. I don’t force myself to make sure I’m keeping a distance because of the fact I know where they’ve been and I trust them a lot more than if I went to the pub etc.

I think everyone is just doing what they’re comfortable with, I’m not hugging/touching people everytime I see them. We don’t force the kids to keep a distance, we just make they wash their hands/try to stop them all drooling on each other. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Seen family and friends, both inside and out at homes, pubs, parks and restaurants. My son has also been out playing.

I've done a complete u turn. At the beginning I believed the fear but now I’m not going to let it rule our lives for very little risk.

Reactions: 14
We've been away in the UK and swam in the sea with quite a few (absolutely bloody loads!) people in close proximity.

That bit of major mixing aside we have only seen my parents at doorstep meetings, my husband's parents in the garden and I've had a meal out once with a friend. We've only seen my brother and his family in the house. Oh and the hairdresser came round once too.

Hoping to see more people once kids are back at school and life become more like it used to be. Unless the area goes into local lockdown.

Seen my mum and sister (same household as each other) regularly, no social distancing. My stepdad (different household) and then two sets of friends with kids.

Kids are back at school from tomorrow... I’m not going to social distance from my own family when my child will be mixing with a class of 26 others. However, I’m also not going to rush out to see everyone I know. I’m quite happy keeping things as I have been for now.

Seen my parents and sister and in laws no distancing anymore (my parents are going to be my childcare from next week I’ve held out long enough!) and seen my friends outside with distancing (not measuring!) but letting toddlers play together.

I've done a complete u turn. Spent months shielding and not leaving the house or seeing anyone other than my husband and children to now just trying to live my life the best I can. My kids are back at school next week and are in year bubbles so mixing with hundreds of other children. Ive now allowed them to meet up with their friends and my daughter had a sleepover at her best friends last week. Myself and my husband went for drinks at my sisters over the weekend and I feel so much better mentally for not living on fear of this virus. My kids are back to their happy selfs too. I just can't live in fear anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morning... I am unwell so booked a test for today. Can someone tell me, if I test positive how far back does it go for contacting people? I have started a list 😂 I mean it’s not extensive for social purposes it’s actually small, it’s the fact I have three jobs where my numbers shoot up 🤦🏻‍♀️ Do I contact people or do the government? It’s so confusing finding info ahead of time. I didn’t read this thread before posting so apologies if these things are asked all the time.
*Edited to add I am in Scotland

I have been seeing people both inside and out but been keeping a one metre (normally two to be honest) distance, other than hugging mother in law once, but her mum had just died so I feel like it was warranted.

Morning... I am unwell so booked a test for today. Can someone tell me, if I test positive how far back does it go for contacting people? I have started a list 😂 I mean it’s not extensive for social purposes it’s actually small, it’s the fact I have three jobs where my numbers shoot up 🤦🏻‍♀️ Do I contact people or do the government? It’s so confusing finding info ahead of time. I didn’t read this thread before posting so apologies if these things are asked all the time.
*Edited to add I am in Scotland
I made a list of who I'd seen and where I'd been in the last 14 days. Face to Face contact for over ten mins is the priority but I'd planned to let them know I'd been to Asda and that type of thing.

I think they tell you what they need from you when they contact you if you test positive so I wouldn't worry too much. I think someone brings you up to get the details from what I read.

Fingers crossed for a negative test for you x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.