Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m worried about winter, tbh. I am eligible for the free flu jab which I will get in October sometime. Winter is when my asthma plays up, I’m usually mild the rest of the year. I’m worried about cases rising. I don’t know what to believe any more regarding the mutations/reduced potency of the virus etc. Everywhere I read says something contradictory. I’ve been going to food shops and distanced walks with family with a view that whilst things are a bit more relaxed at the minute, we could very well do a 180 degrees and go back to lockdown. Anyone else dreading the winter season?

Reactions: 6
I’m worried about winter, tbh. I am eligible for the free flu jab which I will get in October sometime. Winter is when my asthma plays up, I’m usually mild the rest of the year. I’m worried about cases rising. I don’t know what to believe any more regarding the mutations/reduced potency of the virus etc. Everywhere I read says something contradictory. I’ve been going to food shops and distanced walks with family with a view that whilst things are a bit more relaxed at the minute, we could very well do a 180 degrees and go back to lockdown. Anyone else dreading the winter season?
Yes. My son has been hospitalised with his asthma for the past two winters so im dreading him picking up something at school again.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yes asthmatic here as well, I’m booked in for my flu jab at boots end of sept

I thought if you got a negative result you could go straight back to school, one of my local schools is saying you must isolate for 7 days?

1FBF3F34-C877-449B-89DC-5D6C68C09409.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I thought if you got a negative result you could go straight back to school, one of my local schools is saying you must isolate for 7 days?

View attachment 229667
The government "back to school guidelines" say if the test is negative, unwell children should remain at home (avoid contact with others) until they are better. 7 days is prehaps a bit ridiculous as some may be better after a couple of days.

View attachment 229667
That's interesting. I've just spoken to my children's school and they said children can go back as soon as we get a negative result as long as they are well. So if results arrive today, kids can start as normal tomorrow. I'm keeping everything crossed that we are all negative!

Reactions: 2
The government "back to school guidelines" say if the test is negative, unwell children should remain at home (avoid contact with others) until they are better. 7 days is prehaps a bit ridiculous as some may be better after a couple of days.
My own L.A is saying for children to return “when better” after a negative result which sounds far more realistic, this is half the problem though when Individual schools create their own guidelines!

My own L.A is saying for children to return “when better” after a negative result which sounds far more realistic, this is half the problem though when Individual schools create their own guidelines!
Hopefully a huge emphasis is put on the 'when better' by all school's. Otherwise its going to be a further 6 months of children in and out of school and parents in and out of work, while they pick everything and anything up.

Reactions: 3
Yes, our school emphasises "when better"!

What happened to that traffic light system sort of thing they introduced? I feel like they’re just letting lockdown carry on without giving us any sort of updates or information. Just because people are making the most of the situation doesn’t mean they shouldn’t still be giving us regular updates and justification as to why restrictions are continuing. Hospital admissions and death rates are remaining low despite actual cases rising, this is surely a positive thing? Unless we see a huge sudden increase in deaths can we assume the virus is now less harmful than it once was? Or at least efforts to shield the vulnerable are working?

Reactions: 10
Wonder how many people in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s will die in the next few years because they were basically refused treatment while everyone freaks out about the flu.
Or whatever this is that seems to have priority over everything else. Still.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Our primary will take a child back as soon as a negative result is received. They acknowledge kids gets coughs and colds frequently but providing they’re well enough in them self, with a negative test result they are fine to be in school as normal

This made me feel a little bit hopeful (I know it’s best case but if there’s even a chance it could be ready this year then it makes me think we may not lose all of next year the way we did 2020!)

6888B49A-B403-4803-A12B-60B265755E46.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Cases are rising again in my city and country overall (Canada) and that's coincided with the drop in temperature. I suspect we'll lockdown again in the fall or winter. In some places, they've been recording the highest daily numbers since March.

Our public health officials and premier have publicly stated that they expect a resurgence in numbers and said they're open to closing non-essential businesses and parks again. It's going to be a long winter...

• Sad
What happened to that traffic light system sort of thing they introduced? I feel like they’re just letting lockdown carry on without giving us any sort of updates or information. Just because people are making the most of the situation doesn’t mean they shouldn’t still be giving us regular updates and justification as to why restrictions are continuing. Hospital admissions and death rates are remaining low despite actual cases rising, this is surely a positive thing? Unless we see a huge sudden increase in deaths can we assume the virus is now less harmful than it once was? Or at least efforts to shield the vulnerable are working?
I posted something similar the other day, feel like we get no updates anymore so unsure going forward how we are measuring restrictions like what’s good and what’s bad?! At least with the traffic light system as flawed as it was we had some guidance

This made me feel a little bit hopeful (I know it’s best case but if there’s even a chance it could be ready this year then it makes me think we may not lose all of next year the way we did 2020!)

View attachment 229851
I read an interesting thing about the vaccine in the UK in New scientist. Apparently the health and care workers would get the vaccine first, then the elderly and most clinically vulnerable (which makes sense). The only problem is that they are mainly trialling the vaccine on young healthy people.

Reactions: 6
I feel the need to rant about this somewhere since I can't really do it in real life.

I'm 30 and engaged but a lot of people in my age group who are single are hooking up with multiple strangers off of tinder weekly, going to pool parties, and some are even traveling to party it up. It's completely insane and people in their 20-30s account for over half of all new infections here now. I don't understand how people can be so selfish and inconsiderate. Would it seriously kill you to be single and not party for a little longer???

A friend of mine has been giving me a blow by blow of her various hook-ups with different men and it grosses me out so much that they don't socially distance at all, and start swapping body fluids immediately upon the first meeting. None of these people are exclusive with each other either so you can just imagine what they might be passing around, including Covid. This is why we can't shake off the disease and are praying for a vaccine, because of people like this.

• Sick
I feel the need to rant about this somewhere since I can't really do it in real life.

A friend of mine has been giving me a blow by blow of her various hook-ups with different men and it grosses me out so much that they don't socially distance at all, and start swapping body fluids immediately upon the first meeting. None of these people are exclusive with each other either so you can just imagine what they might be passing around, including Covid. This is why we can't shake off the disease and are praying for a vaccine, because of people like this.
no offence but your friends probably need to be tested for more than just the covid number 19 if this is true 🤣😂

what can you do but cross your own legs and judge from a distance 😂
2M’s preferably.

A friend of mine has been giving me a blow by blow
also, in my head this comment was gonna in a direction where it was gonna need a spoiler 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
no offence but your friends probably need to be tested for more than just the covid number 19 if this is true 🤣😂

what can you do but cross your own legs and judge from a distance 😂
2M’s preferably.
She lives in the UK, so you guys may need to be wary. :ROFLMAO:😷

I have other friends who are online dating here as well, but at a much less aggressive pace.

also, in my head this comment was gonna in a direction where it was gonna need a spoiler 😂
Dead 💀💀💀

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.