Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t seen my family since Feb and in-laws only last week at a distance outdoors. Seen two friends outdoors for drinks (brought our own) at distance. Kids have only seen friends at porch visits, distanced. We are the odd ones here for sure 🤷‍♀️
Im in lockdown with my boyfriend and went home for the first time since March 2 weeks ago and haven't seen a single friend - I want to see my best friend but she's here, there and everywhere, mixing with different households, so I'm cautious seeing as my only bubble is my home back with my parents and my mam has health issues, so for now, it's not worth the risk, I'm just happy I can go home and see them. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else who’s been shopping feel the level of service has drastically gone downhill when in these times trying to get customers back spending it should be the opposite?
I visited a well known quite expensive baby shop at the weekend meaning to buy a few baby bits- my first baby purchase so of course excited but the staff didn’t even acknowledge I was in the store and both stood behind till screen chatting on shoulder to shoulder
Also at Boots I was using the self service photo printing and when I had finished the couple behind me asked for some help as they were unsure how to use. I showed them and when I was paying I mentioned to staff there was a couple may need some help they responded they couldn’t assist due to social distancing?! Was unimpressed

understand in general the need to keep a distance but feel all service has gone out the window altogether, makes it even worse when the staff are all huddled together but refuse to come near any customers
Completely agree! I went into a couple of shops last week and pretty much all the staff I encountered were so rude! So short and dismissive of customers and I just thought well I might as well go back to shopping online then if you can’t be bothered to be polite. I know times are difficult but I just think there’s no excuse? This will kill the high street even more I think.

Reactions: 2
I made a list of who I'd seen and where I'd been in the last 14 days. Face to Face contact for over ten mins is the priority but I'd planned to let them know I'd been to Asda and that type of thing.

I think they tell you what they need from you when they contact you if you test positive so I wouldn't worry too much. I think someone brings you up to get the details from what I read.

Fingers crossed for a negative test for you x
Thank you. I have a list of everyone I have seen in the last 14 days so I will keep a hold of that. If I didn’t juggle three part time jobs because of COVID affecting my job in the first place it would have been barely anyone! Had my test already - WHAT A QUEUE THERE WAS! Impressed with how quick I got through though despite that. Didn’t realise you couldn’t have a dash cam up which I do 24/7 so had to remove all that which of course took forever 🤣

Reactions: 1
So annoyed at people right now!

Just dropped off my son at primary school. Staggered start and we were told that only one adult should drop off child and no hanging around the school gates after drop off.

First thing I see, some tool in the school yard, with grandparents in tow, taking ’first day back’ pics of his kid. Mum, dad, and buggies filled with kids dropping off one child. Many many grandparents back on the school run.

It’s like March never happened. NHS, Coroners, Government (Daily briefings are returning in Autumn) are preparing for October. If the average citizen would engage with their brain we can fend off any potential second wave but people seem to think that if the numbers of dead are low now, they will remain so. Not necessarily the case.

Reactions: 4

Just dropped off my son at primary school. Staggered start and we were told that only one adult should drop off child and no hanging around the school gates after drop off.

First thing I see, some tool in the school yard, with grandparents in tow, taking ’first day back’ pics of his kid. Mum, dad, and buggies filled with kids dropping off one child. Many many grandparents back on the school run.

It’s like March never happened. NHS, Coroners, Government (Daily briefings are returning in Autumn) are preparing for October. If the average citizen would engage with their brain we can fend off any potential second wave but people seem to think that if the numbers of dead are low now, they will remain so. Not necessarily the case.
That’s what it was like when our kids started back in August. It got to the point the school were constantly sending out reminders and teachers were in the playground telling them to drop their kids off and leave. Parents still hang about gossiping though. I drop off/pick up my son and leave.

Reactions: 1

I get why this is frustrating but so long as these people socially distanced from other families it won’t be too much of an issue, I guess the rule is there to make social distancing easier though.

Also is grandparents doing the school run an issue?

Reactions: 3
I get why this is frustrating but so long as these people socially distanced from other families it won’t be too much of an issue, I guess the rule is there to make social distancing easier though.

Also is grandparents doing the school run an issue?
No, grandparents aren’t the issue. But we know that grandparents are more vulnerable so to see other(Younger) adults just flouting the rules, not bothered about socially distancing it‘s defeating the purpose.

No, grandparents aren’t the issue. But we know that grandparents are more vulnerable so to see other(Younger) adults just flouting the rules, not bothered about socially distancing it‘s defeating the purpose.
Lots of people won’t have a choice though but to have grandparents picking up and dropping off.

I always find the phrase ‘young people’ so funny on here. It’s always like ‘all those young people not socially distancing’. It makes me read the post in an old man voice with the whole ‘back in my day’ tone😂 (not aimed at you, just saying as it’s said frequently)

A positive story - I did my first school run again this morning and have come away feeling a big relief, if a little emotional! The school seemed to have hit the nail on the head from what I could see. Yes there were a few that seemed to hang around. But it’s a school of 600 and despite the big numbers, everything seemed very well organised.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.