Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one struggling to reintegrate back into society? Nobody around me is taking it seriously. We went to a park and literally nobody cared so we won’t be going to that particular park again. I know they’re kids but it was bad there. My friend has invited me and another friend to her home (not the garden as work is being done there) and I’m just not comfortable with that (not even sure if that’s allowed) I’ve voiced my concerns and she’s respectful of them. I’ve been to a cafe and sat outside. They serve you outside and I felt ok doing that. And we’ve been to local woodlands and quiet parks etc. I’m the first one to say we have to live with this virus and do our best but I’m struggling with that. I have a four month old so that plays a part in it. I’m so glad I’m on maternity leave and not at my teaching job yet as I think that’ll leave me terrified too. As hard as lockdown was with the children at home I think I’ve enjoyed keeping us cocooned and now it’s starting to hit me more.
Me!
I‘ve not changed my routine much since lockdown was lifted.
I still get my grocery shopping delivered.
I still only go out to a shop/pharmacy once a month to collect prescriptions.
I still drop off my mother in laws shopping on her doorstep.
The only thing I’ve changed is that, instead of dropping off my dad‘s shopping and leave, I will now spend about 30 minutes with him, twice a week. I only started that last week and we are still on opposite sides of the room, at least 2m apart even though I know I could get closer.
I have no interest in going out anymore. Tbh I don’t have much interest in anything these days.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Just saw a British tourist on a TUI holiday to Corfu has tested positive ,it was a random test done when they arrived and the results were to be known within 24 hrs but didn't come back for 4 days ,the person and their family have now been put into isolation but because they were mixing freely for the 4 days Greek authorities are considering weather the staff and other holiday makers should isolate ,as well as the people on the same plane ....what a tit show that would be you're whole holiday in isolation :confused:

My background is simply that I look beyond the tabloid headlines and read up on scientific studies from more reliable and trustworthy sources, which has led me to the conclusion that coronavirus is now no more serious than any other form of flu for the vast majority of those who catch it. Yes, it's sad what happened to your Dad but his experience sounds very unusual and the vast majority of people who catch the virus will have such mild symptoms that they probably won't even know they've had it.

Within the past day or so we've discovered that the coronavirus death toll has been overestimated by over 5,000 people and the true number of deaths occuring now is barely into double figures per day. Yes, it might have been understandable to worry about catching the virus back in April when deaths were thought to be over 1,000 a day but now, when you're 5 times more likely to die of flu than coronavirus, why are people still panicking?
What source DR Frankenstein :censored:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Just saw a British tourist on a TUI holiday to Corfu has tested positive ,it was a random test done when they arrived and the results were to be known within 24 hrs but didn't come back for 4 days ,the person and their family have now been put into isolation but because they were mixing freely for the 4 days Greek authorities are considering weather the staff and other holiday makers should isolate ,as well as the people on the same plane ....what a tit show that would be you're whole holiday in isolation :confused:
I’ve totally given up on a holiday now. I kept hoping but I don’t want to spend the money to potentially be placed in isolation abroad. Don’t be sad for me though, I’ve piled on some lockdown layers and my bikini no longer fits!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One of my co workers is there now. I hope its her 🙈 Dont want her to get poorly, but she was being a braggy witch about going on holiday so iscolation whilst on holiday would really tit on her chips.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve totally given up on a holiday now. I kept hoping but I don’t want to spend the money to potentially be placed in isolation abroad. Don’t be sad for me though, I’ve piled on some lockdown layers and my bikini no longer fits!
It would be awful to be plucked from round the pool to be told you have to isolate for the remainder of you're holiday ,hopefully it won't happen for those people :(

One of my co workers is there now. I hope its her 🙈 Dont want her to get poorly, but she was being a braggy witch about going on holiday so iscolation whilst on holiday would really tit on her chips.
I might have to edit my post then :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've done this. You first book a courier online and then do the test on the day the courier s coming. They also send you a link to a video with shows you how to do the test. It's definitely worth watching as it runs through everything step by step. The throat swab made me gag a lot but the nose swab was ok. My test was collected on a Tuesday and I got a negative result on Saturday.
Thank you. It was the nose swab that was bothering me the most after the stories I’d heard when people were first being tested 😳 I will do it and report back.

Reactions: 1
It would be awful to be plucked from round the pool to be told you have to isolate for the remainder of you're holiday ,hopefully it won't happen for those people :(
It would. I’m torn on the whole holiday thing now to be honest. On one hand holidays are great, secondly I don’t want holiday companies to go under and it helps the economy but really can’t help but think now that it’s probably not wise for people to be travelling between countries during a pandemic. That being said I’m not judging anyone who has gone, I really was hoping to but just don’t want to risk losing the money. But as soon as it does feel safe and risk free I will be on the first plane out screaming so long suckers!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve received the letter from Imperial College London inviting me to take a test. It’ll be sent to me at home to do myself - nose and throat swab. Can anyone that’s done this share their experiences please?
I've done this. You first book a courier online and then do the test on the day the courier s coming. They also send you a link to a video with shows you how to do the test. It's definitely worth watching as it runs through everything step by step. The throat swab made me gag a lot but the nose swab was ok. My test was collected on a Tuesday and I got a negative result on Saturday.
It isn't too bad really, I gagged at the throat one too. I sent mine back Sunday and got a negative result yesterday.

Me!
I‘ve not changed my routine much since lockdown was lifted.
I still get my grocery shopping delivered.
I still only go out to a shop/pharmacy once a month to collect prescriptions.
I still drop off my mother in laws shopping on her doorstep.
The only thing I’ve changed is that, instead of dropping off my dad‘s shopping and leave, I will now spend about 30 minutes with him, twice a week. I only started that last week and we are still on opposite sides of the room, at least 2m apart even though I know I could get closer.
I have no interest in going out anymore. Tbh I don’t have much interest in anything these days.
ah I hope you’re ok. Is there anything you could do that you’d feel safe doing? A walk with my music on always lifts my spirits. It’s really hard but I do push myself to do things that I’m uncomfortable with but realistically are safe.

I’m really fed up today. So fed up with this tit show of a life. I have been sat at home since April, I lost my job and I’ve gained nearly 2 stone. The last thing I need as I’ve always struggled with my weight and it really affects my moods.
I’m worried I won’t find a job because it never seems to get any better out there.
2020 was suppose to be my best year ever. I had three concerts booked this year that now all got postponed and I was suppose to visit my family who I’ve not seen for the past 3 years.
duck you 2020, duck you. I can’t even see 2021 be any better and I’m fed up.
Sorry for the rant. I know a lot of people have it so so much worse but I can’t today.
I’m out 😑

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve received the letter from Imperial College London inviting me to take a test. It’ll be sent to me at home to do myself - nose and throat swab. Can anyone that’s done this share their experiences please?
Personally I don’t think the home kit testing will be as accurate as the ones taken by professionals . We swab every day and the amount of people who flinch and gag are unreal 😂 I reckon most will be going half way and then flinch and not like it and not going all the way back to get the accurate results

I know this is a forum where everyone is entitled to an opinion but your opinion is not very helpful and personally I think you should head over the conspiracies thread instead!

YOU are lucky you don’t feel scared, YOU are lucky you don’t know anyone who has been affected by COVID and especially lucky to not know anyone who has been affected badly. Just because it hasn’t affected you doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be taken seriously by anyone else.

I sincerely hope that despite you assuming everyone is overreacting that you still follow social distancing and wear a mask etc so that your opinion doesn’t affect anyone else.
It's nothing to do with luck, it's about having a proportionate attitude to risk. We can catch all sorts of viruses from other people but prior to March we all simply accepted it and didn't stop that risk from going out and doing the things we enjoy. No-one ever said "I'm never leaving my house because I might catch a cold", did they?

Sadly I've realised now that some people actually enjoy living their lives in fear and, not only that, they want everyone else to live their lives in fear too. There's really no point in engaging with these people any more.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
ah I hope you’re ok. Is there anything you could do that you’d feel safe doing? A walk with my music on always lifts my spirits. It’s really hard but I do push myself to do things that I’m uncomfortable with but realistically are safe.
Thanks.
I’m not staying home because I feel unsafe.
I’m an introvert but didn’t realise just how much until now. Better to be in my own bubble.
I’ve suffered depression on and off through my adult life and it was only last week that I realised it was mild depression.
I’m okay thanks.
Kind of out of the loop with most COVID stuff because I stopped watching the news a few months ago (I thought I was getting a tad obsessed!) and I rarely watch TV at all now.
Also, peri-menopausal which doesn’t help - I hear distant strains of Tammy Wynette singing “it’s hard to be a woman...”
At least I still have a sense of humour.:)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t think they’re painful, just uncomfortable. I expected it to be worse when they swabbed my nose but for me the worst bit was when they swabbed my throat. They do left, middle, right and the gagging reminded me of being pregnant because I had hyperemesis 😳 a few minutes after it’s done you’ll wonder why you ever worried about it.
First test was fine but I didn't go up my nose far enough, second one was uncomfortable up my nose and hurt more after but I definitely went deep enough that time 😂

I found this post on fb
It scared the hell out of me... Well I’ve done some digging and it’s not true
Why do people do this! Scaremongering at its finest
Has anyone else seen it?
Seen it and it's bleeping ridiculous. It goes hand in hand with the other one that if your household has a member of the family in it with confirmed corona then your house will be demolished and your child removed.

And it's always in a secret law that Boris passed in May.

It doesn't help anxious people but those who believe this is all planned are lapping it up as it backs their theories.

It would. I’m torn on the whole holiday thing now to be honest. On one hand holidays are great, secondly I don’t want holiday companies to go under and it helps the economy but really can’t help but think now that it’s probably not wise for people to be travelling between countries during a pandemic. That being said I’m not judging anyone who has gone, I really was hoping to but just don’t want to risk losing the money. But as soon as it does feel safe and risk free I will be on the first plane out screaming so long suckers!
We had a fab time on our holiday abroad despite many people saying the holiday would be ruined by masks and it absolutely wasn't as they were only compulsory in shops as here. Weirdly, I've had to isolate for two weeks after holiday and on day 13 now and no symptoms, neither has anyone else on our plane to date.

Yet, I now know of 20 seperate people been tested for Covid and 2 positive results out of that who spent the same week we were away in close proximity on the beaches here but I've still been accused of spreading it because I left the country 🤷‍♀️

Can I ask what is your background/area of expertise that enables you to think it’s your role to “convince” people otherwise from their own research and understanding? My dad contracted Covid-19, he’s 62 with no underlying health conditions, he spent 10 weeks intubated in ICU during which time we received 3 end of life calls. We do not know if he will recover fully, but have been given an estimated time of 1 year for his recovery. It was a traumatic experience and a terrible time not to be together as a family, waiting out our own 14 day isolation period. I’m also in the shielding category, an NHS nurse and currently working from home. I don’t think for a second that I’ll step foot outside my home and die. I am concerned however that if I contracted Covid I may be left with a diminished quality of life, unable to walk the length of the high street etc.
Through our families contact with Consultants throughout my dads battle we have a lot of information about this virus which isn’t in the media and it is frightening. If you are telling people they should ignore the national effort in distancing measures and precautions then shame on you. You are putting people like me, who appear healthy but are significantly more vulnerable at huge risk. Blissful ignorance is the nicest term that springs to mind.
I hope your Dad continues to get better and stronger x

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
300 staff at a sandwich factory in Northampton test positive :sick: the covid diet is going well

First test was fine but I didn't go up my nose far enough, second one was uncomfortable up my nose and hurt more after but I definitely went deep enough that time 😂

Seen it and it's bleeping ridiculous. It goes hand in hand with the other one that if your household has a member of the family in it with confirmed corona then your house will be demolished and your child removed.

And it's always in a secret law that Boris passed in May.

It doesn't help anxious people but those who believe this is all planned are lapping it up as it backs their theories.

We had a fab time on our holiday abroad despite many people saying the holiday would be ruined by masks and it absolutely wasn't as they were only compulsory in shops as here. Weirdly, I've had to isolate for two weeks after holiday and on day 13 now and no symptoms, neither has anyone else on our plane to date.

Yet, I now know of 20 seperate people been tested for Covid and 2 positive results out of that who spent the same week we were away in close proximity on the beaches here but I've still been accused of spreading it because I left the country 🤷‍♀️

I hope your Dad continues to get better and stronger x
Think this is the tit that's going about
117397010_10217711325996572_8891068982981494269_o.jpg
someone posted on a MP page here thought it was true

Anyone else feel covid has jusg massively messed with their life plans.
Been in a job I was ok in for a few years.. covid hit and furloughed. Mental health took a toll, end of July made redundant.
we are suppose to be starting ivf soon, myjob was being totally supportive and my manager very understanding and great.
Now I desperately want another job so my mental health doesnt keep going down hill. But how am I suppose to start a new job then go straight into ivf. Can’t help but just feel angry with the whole situation.
I know a lot of people have had a far worse time over covid. But my life was just getting back on track after loosing both parents and my business I loved so much

• Sad
Reactions: 15
For anyone considering/wondering if they should book a holiday

I flew to Amsterdam today (where I live) after spending most of the pandemic at my parents in NI. The airport was an absolute shambles, absolutely no social distancing even in parts where social distancing would be really easy to follow (security, bag check in etc). Like people were queued like sardines even when there was definitely enough space for a couple of metres inbetween. People were taking their masks on and off as they pleased (although most had their masks on for the majority of the flight which was good).

But yea... I was worried about the actual flight but turns out I should have been worried about the airport itself too. Not trying to tell anyone not to book a holiday or what to do, just letting you know that even with safety measures in place people weren't following them!

• Sad
Did you also get a letter which said that the test can also tell you if you've previously had Covid? I'm pretty sure mine did but the questionnaire I completed afterwards said it's just to see if you currently have Covid

I was just watching the news and they were talking about this test from Imperial College and they referred to it as the antibody test?

For anyone considering/wondering if they should book a holiday

I flew to Amsterdam today (where I live) after spending most of the pandemic at my parents in NI. The airport was an absolute shambles, absolutely no social distancing even in parts where social distancing would be really easy to follow (security, bag check in etc). Like people were queued like sardines even when there was definitely enough space for a couple of metres inbetween. People were taking their masks on and off as they pleased (although most had their masks on for the majority of the flight which was good).

But yea... I was worried about the actual flight but turns out I should have been worried about the airport itself too. Not trying to tell anyone not to book a holiday or what to do, just letting you know that even with safety measures in place people weren't following them!
Which airport was an absolute shambles?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.