Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s really poor form to leave any announcement until the day before. If it’s a positive announcement these businesses will have minimal hours to arrange bookings, bring in staff, make 100% sure they are good to go. If it’s not good news (again) then it’s going to leave a lot of business owners with the worry of how they are going to get through the NEXT few weeks without any money coming in.
I have my hair and makeup trial on Saturday for my wedding and she’s told me she can only go ahead with hair as her insurance won’t allow makeup with 24hours notice x

• Sad
Reactions: 4

'Hundreds dead' because of Covid-19 misinformation

Many died from drinking methanol or alcohol-based cleaning products.

They wrongly believed the products to be a cure for the virus.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
So I flew to Heathrow yesterday and I'm baffled that nobody was checking arriving passengers' temperature. Nor was anyone checking that passengers had completed the passenger locator form with their details. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ Just the standard passport check and that's it. I overheard several passengers that had no clue about the mandatory form required for all arrivals, but still were able to enter the country and potentially not follow quarantine rules, as no staff were checking if people had even completed that form. What a mess!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Unless you're a male in a barbers. Then beard trims are ok. I've also seen many, many barbers advertising with photos of men having facials, face waxes, steaming treatments to the face with nobody wearing PPE (so not the barbers etc). Nothing been said about that though up the top!

Sorry the way women are still at the bottom of the pecking order for anything in 2020 causes me rage 🤣
Fully agree. It just screams patriarcy

Reactions: 8
So I flew to Heathrow yesterday and I'm baffled that nobody was checking arriving passengers' temperature. Nor was anyone checking that passengers had completed the passenger locator form with their details. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ Just the standard passport check and that's it. I overheard several passengers that had no clue about the mandatory form required for all arrivals, but still were able to enter the country and potentially not follow quarantine rules, as no staff were checking if people had even completed that form. What a mess!
The inward forms aren't checked because the outward forms are and they have the info they need on there. I asked this question when I got my quarantine phone call of the Gov Agency.

Temps aren't checked if you fly in from a country that requires quarantine as you are going straight to quarantine and if the country you are returning from doesn't require quarantining then its low risk and temps don't need checking, again this is what I was told on the phone call when I asked.

Annoying as I returned from the place that was declared the safest place in the world from Covid but have to quarantine because they wouldn't stop tourists from mainland Spain.

Day 13 of quarantine and no symptoms and I'm getting bored! I'm allowed out at the weekend 😎

Am I the only one struggling to reintegrate back into society? Nobody around me is taking it seriously. We went to a park and literally nobody cared so we won’t be going to that particular park again. I know they’re kids but it was bad there. My friend has invited me and another friend to her home (not the garden as work is being done there) and I’m just not comfortable with that (not even sure if that’s allowed) I’ve voiced my concerns and she’s respectful of them. I’ve been to a cafe and sat outside. They serve you outside and I felt ok doing that. And we’ve been to local woodlands and quiet parks etc. I’m the first one to say we have to live with this virus and do our best but I’m struggling with that. I have a four month old so that plays a part in it. I’m so glad I’m on maternity leave and not at my teaching job yet as I think that’ll leave me terrified too. As hard as lockdown was with the children at home I think I’ve enjoyed keeping us cocooned and now it’s starting to hit me more.

Reactions: 13
Best of luck to anyone with children getting exam results today. Such a crazy crazy time with a very strange way of getting the results. Must be the most stressful time when your uni place depends on it :(

• Heart
Can anyone in the south of Manchester help me out?

My brother in law is somewhere in the south (not sure where). My mother in law booked a few nights away for us all in August (against my better judgement because I feel it’s too many people mixing). We are in Scotland btw.

Anyway, my sister in law seems to think it’s okay got them to go because they’re in the south of Manchester which doesn’t have many cases, she says they’re only in lockdown because of the north, no one has said they cant leave and they’re allowed to go to the pub with people from other households?

is this true? Obviously differs from the media but being in Scotland I obviously can’t say I know a great deal about the whole thing.

My brother in law is somewhere in the south (not sure where). My mother in law booked a few nights away for us all in August (against my better judgement because I feel it’s too many people mixing). We are in Scotland btw.

Anyway, my sister in law seems to think it’s okay got them to go because they’re in the south of Manchester which doesn’t have many cases, she says they’re only in lockdown because of the north, no one has said they cant leave and they’re allowed to go to the pub with people from other households?

is this true? Obviously differs from the media but being in Scotland I obviously can’t say I know a great deal about the whole thing.
I think it’s just Greater Manchester in lockdown??? I could be wrong though.

Reactions: 1

There’s a list and picture on the news websites of all the districts of greater Manchester that is currently in lockdown x

I think it’s just Greater Manchester in lockdown??? I could be wrong though.
This is what I think but doubted myself after my conversation with her. We already decided a while ago not to stay in the same place as the rest of them because tbh I’m just not sure I trust them to be sensible so we’re staying in a hotel close by and just going to meet up with them. Much easier to distance but if they’re in lockdown I think they’re ridiculous to even consider coming.

Reactions: 2
Yes I'm in greater manchester were meant to be on a stricter lockdown, but theres nothing to actually say we cant leave greater manchester - so we could go out in another area for tea, or go shopping or go away. Its ridiculous really it makes no sense.

Am I the only one struggling to reintegrate back into society? Nobody around me is taking it seriously. We went to a park and literally nobody cared so we won’t be going to that particular park again. I know they’re kids but it was bad there. My friend has invited me and another friend to her home (not the garden as work is being done there) and I’m just not comfortable with that (not even sure if that’s allowed) I’ve voiced my concerns and she’s respectful of them. I’ve been to a cafe and sat outside. They serve you outside and I felt ok doing that. And we’ve been to local woodlands and quiet parks etc. I’m the first one to say we have to live with this virus and do our best but I’m struggling with that. I have a four month old so that plays a part in it. I’m so glad I’m on maternity leave and not at my teaching job yet as I think that’ll leave me terrified too. As hard as lockdown was with the children at home I think I’ve enjoyed keeping us cocooned and now it’s starting to hit me more.
This is me. We've hardly been anywhere and I'm struggling to let me 3YO okay. Infact they havent. We've avoided play areas/parks. Sadly I am returning to school in Sept for whatever fresh hell that will bring.

I live in east manchester. From what i was aware it is one borough in the north & a couple in the south that seen the rise in cases. To be honest nothing has changed, you can still go where you want. They just don’t want people going into each other’s houses.

I'm worried about traveling abroad in January my partner booked a weekend in Disney Paris for end of November for us to take his daughter. I just booked the weekend off and the day off after we return for catching up on sleep etc before returning to work.
We have to pay remaining balance by end of month. I know too right work won't be happy for me having time off for isolation afterwards. I'm not allowed hoildays or time off in December which it will go into if I had to.
My partner can because he can take rest of his hoildays he has left even in December.
I'm worried that if we had to cancel because my work won't let me and the insurance won't pay the money back if we cancel

All confirmed cases will be sent to quarantine facilities in NZ. I hope no one gets any smart ideas over here seeing as we’ve got massive bloody pointless empty nightingale hospitals they threw together.

Also has anyone heard that they’ll be discussing mandatory weekly testing at school in the next SAGE meeting? I heard it mentioned somewhere but not sure if it’s true.

Reactions: 3
Interesting NZ have confirmed 14 new infections 13 linked to the family and one is an overseas arrival that's in quarantine ..As far as I read they don't want to test weekly in schools unless people have symptoms..

Reactions: 1
It would take half the school week to test them all 😂

should be random testing (like my daughter had before the summer holidays) and obs anyone with symptoms.

Why are teachers different from the police, retail etc? It would open the floodgates

Reactions: 5
My brother n step dads results have come back already (not even been 24 hours) both negative! :)

Reactions: 13
I went out with my youngest son first thing this morning. Just ran a few errands but from having breakfast together, to the general chit chat in the car and letting him pick out pastries, it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m going to miss my kids desperately come September. Yeah, they’ve pissed me off and home schooling was an unmitigated disaster and I’m fed up of shouting at them to get dressed and brush their teeth, but but...my god, I will miss them. This reminds me of when maternity leave is up and you had them over to someone else ... man, lockdown is such a tit show.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.