Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had and email to say my daughters dance classes are back in person from September 😀 Bit of normality back!
Fab news! My daughters’ gymnastics classes start back up on 1st August, just waiting to hear when the swimming pools are opening now.

Reactions: 3
It’s rainbows mine misses the most, and they don’t think that will be until Jan by which time she should be going to brownies 🥺

Swimming classes starting September here, the company says they are going to start getting prepped over the summer, they use different pools though so going to have to be prepared to change pool etc

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The issue I see with the app (even though I do report daily) is that some of the symptoms of covid sadly are also symptoms of common cold and hay fever so although it can potentially be a good indicator for increasing infection rates, outbreaks etc it doesn’t prompt people showing symptoms to get a test. If people don’t take the tests available to them then there’s no way of knowing what it truly is.
Yes I agree the testing is a joke ,Priti Patel was asked yesterday about how many of the 50,000 UK visitors (per day) were being tested she didn't know , She said another department deals with it .Is that not something the Gov should be making a priority if they're to keep on top of things..

• Angry
Reactions: 1
It’s rainbows mine misses the most, and they don’t think that will be until Jan by which time she should be going to brownies 🥺

Swimming classes starting September here, the company says they are going to start getting prepped over the summer, they use different pools though so going to have to be prepared to change pool etc
Oh yes my eldest misses Brownies, she’d not long started with them and they were supposed to be going on a residential trip this summer that she was super excited about. My youngest is due to start Rainbows and can’t wait to start but I have no idea when that will be and the volunteers here have no idea either.

• Sad
The daily fail are reporting the infection rate is growing according to kings College 2,100 per day up on what it was 🤷‍♀️ maybe to do with that
Where have you read that? The latest from scientists is that the actual daily death rate in the UK has been exaggerated for some time now and the actual figure is barely half of that.

If you can't be bothered with the link, it's all to do with the fact that the daily death rate doesn't mean the number of people who died with the virus the previous day, it's how many deaths were reported, many of which could havce occured days or even weeks ago.

"The Government's official count of coronavirus deaths is too high and fewer than 40 people are actually dying per day now, two top statisticians have claimed.

Department of Health officials yesterday 85 more Britons had died, along with 138 on Tuesday, and its daily average for the past week has been 75. But Oxford University experts say these numbers are too high and give a confusing picture about the true state of the UK's Covid-19 outbreak.

The way officials lump historical deaths onto random days — and include fatalities that happened weeks or even months ago — give a misleading picture. Dr Jason Oke and Professor Carl Heneghan said figures from Public Health England — which are published each day by the Department of Health — contained 'inaccuracies' and could cause confusion.

Deaths are still falling, the professors said, even if at a slower rate than they were earlier in the crisis.

The Government has pointed out in the past that it counts deaths on the date that the paperwork is completed, not when the person actually died, which can make day-by-day figures inaccurate. Numbers are particularly low at the weekends and on bank holidays.

Dr Oke and Professor Heneghan said the Government should make it clearer when people actually died so that when there are one-day spikes — the 138 deaths announced on Tuesday, for example — it doesn't look like the outbreak is getting worse. "

Reactions: 6
Where have you read that? The latest from scientists is that the actual daily death rate in the UK has been exaggerated for some time now and the actual figure is barely half of that.

If you can't be bothered with the link, it's all to do with the fact that the daily death rate doesn't mean the number of people who died with the virus the previous day, it's how many deaths were reported, many of which could havce occured days or even weeks ago.

"The Government's official count of coronavirus deaths is too high and fewer than 40 people are actually dying per day now, two top statisticians have claimed.

Department of Health officials yesterday 85 more Britons had died, along with 138 on Tuesday, and its daily average for the past week has been 75. But Oxford University experts say these numbers are too high and give a confusing picture about the true state of the UK's Covid-19 outbreak.

The way officials lump historical deaths onto random days — and include fatalities that happened weeks or even months ago — give a misleading picture. Dr Jason Oke and Professor Carl Heneghan said figures from Public Health England — which are published each day by the Department of Health — contained 'inaccuracies' and could cause confusion.

Deaths are still falling, the professors said, even if at a slower rate than they were earlier in the crisis.

The Government has pointed out in the past that it counts deaths on the date that the paperwork is completed, not when the person actually died, which can make day-by-day figures inaccurate. Numbers are particularly low at the weekends and on bank holidays.

Dr Oke and Professor Heneghan said the Government should make it clearer when people actually died so that when there are one-day spikes — the 138 deaths announced on Tuesday, for example — it doesn't look like the outbreak is getting worse. "
That's the death Toll... it's the infection rate they're saying is rising.. The infection rate is the important thing that can determine the death toll and how they'll implement any lockdowns going forward ..Those deaths their reporting now are probably the tail end of the first wave ,they need to keep on top of any rise to stop a second wave ..That way they can help prevent another 60,000 people from unfortunately losing their lives ..That's why they're trying to bring in preventative measures like face covering and SD to try and help stop the spread...and the nightmare of a second wave:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh yes my eldest misses Brownies, she’d not long started with them and they were supposed to be going on a residential trip this summer that she was super excited about. My youngest is due to start Rainbows and can’t wait to start but I have no idea when that will be and the volunteers here have no idea either.
My friend is one of the leaders and she said Girl Guiding has released guidance for outdoor sessions, but not suitable for ours in a church hall. Most of the leaders are elderly as well....

Reactions: 2
My kids are missing scouts and guides too. Youngsters was supposed to be going on a 2 night activity weekend back in May which was moved to September but reckon that will get cancelled as well

It's looking likely to be Sept for our swimming too.
Both of mine wanted to start brownies but I doubt they'll be taking anyone else on for a while?

Had a bit of a wobble today. Went shopping in a city centre and everybody just looked like robots to me. All following a one way system and a lot wearing masks. Mentally, I’m really struggling with this. It’s not the shopping experience I’m used to and not the one I like. I don’t think I’ll go out much now and that’s where I think I’ll struggle too because we are stuck in home unless the weather brightens up.

edit to say yes I know it’s the rules and it’s good people are sticking to it, but it all just seems like living in a movie.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Scottish schools will have no SD amongst pupils but teachers will have to stay 2mtre from each other and wear PPE if they have to get close to any pupils . Assembly's ,PE ,choir and drama will not be reintroduced till later..

Had a bit of a wobble today. Went shopping in a city centre and everybody just looked like robots to me. All following a one way system and a lot wearing masks. Mentally, I’m really struggling with this. It’s not the shopping experience I’m used to and not the one I like. I don’t think I’ll go out much now and that’s where I think I’ll struggle too because we are stuck in home unless the weather brightens up.

edit to say yes I know it’s the rules and it’s good people are sticking to it, but it all just seems like living in a movie.
That’s how I feel as well. It’s not about refusal to wear a mask, it’s more that I feel like I’m living in a never ending horror film 😂

I do like the increased hygiene and no one being to get close to you though - that can stay 😂

Reactions: 9

I empathise completely and I agree with you.

That's the death Toll... it's the infection rate they're saying is rising.. The infection rate is the important thing that can determine the death toll and how they'll implement any lockdowns going forward ..Those deaths their reporting now are probably the tail end of the first wave ,they need to keep on top of any rise to stop a second wave ..That way they can help prevent another 60,000 people from unfortunately losing their lives ..That's why they're trying to bring in preventative measures like face covering and SD to try and help stop the spread...and the nightmare of a second wave:rolleyes:
I disagree; the infection rate is a lot less important now we know more about the virus and how it can be treated to both shorten the time people have it and lessen its severity (eg the use of dexamethasone). It may even be a good thing if the infection rate was rising as it means more people will gain immunity to the virus. I think most people would accept a mild dose of the virus and feeling a bit sniffily for a couple of weeks if in return they become immune to getting it in the future.

And there's still little concrete evidence for a second wave, so I don't know where you get your 'another 60,000 deaths' figure from!

Reactions: 5
I disagree; the infection rate is a lot less important now we know more about the virus and how it can be treated to both shorten the time people have it and lessen its severity (eg the use of dexamethasone). It may even be a good thing if the infection rate was rising as it means more people will gain immunity to the virus. I think most people would accept a mild dose of the virus and feeling a bit sniffily for a couple of weeks if in return they become immune to getting it in the future.

And there's still little concrete evidence for a second wave, so I don't know where you get your 'another 60,000 deaths' figure from!
That sounds like the David Icke Guide to Covid I've never heard such rubbish.. I'll keep following the science and hope there's not many with your attitude or else we're all fcked..

They've said it looks as if immunity only lasts a few months

• Sad
Reactions: 4
That sounds like the David Icke Guide to Covid I've never heard such rubbish.. I'll keep following the science and hope there's not many with your attitude or else we're all fcked..
What science is that then? You do know that not all scientists share the same opinion, don't you? Ask 50 different scientists the same question and you'll get 50 diifferent answers!

I predict today will be a request for healthy volunteers for the Kings college trial. Apparently they want 20+ Yr olds...

Edit... Or is it Oxford.
Somewhere wants volunteers anyway

What science is that then? You do know that not all scientists share the same opinion, don't you? Ask 50 different scientists the same question and you'll get 50 diifferent answers!
The one's that matter (y)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.