Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if this 5pm announcement is a briefing or is it something separate. Just wondering what channel it'll be on

Fab news! My daughters’ gymnastics classes start back up on 1st August, just waiting to hear when the swimming pools are opening now.
Swimming lessons are starting here from 25th. All a bit too soon I think. The leisure centre seems to have caused annoyance because rather than putting all the information out there in a clear way, they’re releasing snippets at a time which isn’t helpful as then it’s leading to a lot of unanswered questions. They’re saying that parents of aged 8+ children aren’t allowed to stay in the centre and have to wait in their cars. We’re not even allowed to take our children in/collect them afterwards which makes me feel sad. Mine has only just turned 8. First we were told that his year and upwards have to make their own way into school from September (parents not allowed to enter the gates) and now this. It just makes me feel sad. I don’t wrap him in cotton wool, but it does feel as though he’s been forced to grow up a lot because of this. I ENJOY watching him swim and I like watching him walk into his classroom and see his friends. One day he WILL be at an age where he will want to do things by himself, but now isn’t that time.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Swimming lessons are starting here from 25th. All a bit too soon I think. The leisure centre seems to have caused annoyance because rather than putting all the information out there in a clear way, they’re releasing snippets at a time which isn’t helpful as then it’s leading to a lot of unanswered questions. They’re saying that parents of aged 8+ children aren’t allowed to stay in the centre and have to wait in their cars. We’re not even allowed to take our children in/collect them afterwards which makes me feel sad. Mine has only just turned 8. First we were told that his year and upwards have to make their own way into school from September (parents not allowed to enter the gates) and now this. It just makes me feel sad. I don’t wrap him in cotton wool, but it does feel as though he’s been forced to grow up a lot because of this. I ENJOY watching him swim and I like watching him walk into his classroom and see his friends. One day he WILL be at an age where he will want to do things by himself, but now isn’t that time.
Yes I agree, especially with what children have been through, this seems really unnecessary.

Reactions: 3
Yes I agree, especially with what children have been through, this seems really unnecessary.
Thankfully they’re not taking payments again til the start of September so we have a few weeks to see how it goes, but I can see me cancelling his membership which is a shame.

Reactions: 1
I totally get where you’re coming from and it doesn’t sound like you wrap him in cotton wool at all you sound like a normal mum! We are all as parents painfully aware that these little things like watching them at swim class or walking them into school don’t last forever and it feels like it’s all being taken away too soon if that makes sense?

• Heart
Just recieved plans for kids school come September. Year groups to be put in zones and minimal movement between one zone to another. Full school uniform required. Staggered start and finish times. No hot dinners, packed lunches only then once eaten they must spend remainder of the lunch break outside. All equipment to be brought from home as no sharing or borrowing allowed.

I totally get where you’re coming from and it doesn’t sound like you wrap him in cotton wool at all you sound like a normal mum! We are all as parents painfully aware that these little things like watching them at swim class or walking them into school don’t last forever and it feels like it’s all being taken away too soon if that makes sense?
Absolutely and thank you for your reply. I feel like I’m over thinking everything at the moment and being over dramatic but I’d kick myself if I went along with all of these new rules because I felt I had to and then he ended up feeling worried or sad on his own when I wasn’t there! Sometimes we just need some reassurance don’t we? ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 2
From South Africa: Cigarette and Alcohol ban since March. Ridiculous as we all buying it from Bootleggers where our government could have done with the tax money from it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Had a bit of a wobble today. Went shopping in a city centre and everybody just looked like robots to me. All following a one way system and a lot wearing masks. Mentally, I’m really struggling with this. It’s not the shopping experience I’m used to and not the one I like. I don’t think I’ll go out much now and that’s where I think I’ll struggle too because we are stuck in home unless the weather brightens up.

edit to say yes I know it’s the rules and it’s good people are sticking to it, but it all just seems like living in a movie.
I've just been to Asda and felt exactly the same!

From South Africa: Cigarette and Alcohol ban since March. Ridiculous as we all buying it from Bootleggers where our government could have done with the tax money from it.
Why on earth did they think that would be a good idea? It’s naive to expect people to just stop smoking and drinking even if it is in the name of public health! Obviously people were going to get it from elsewhere, potentially putting themselves at even more risk with dodgy potentially counterfeit booze and fags.

We can’t even get people to stop smoking weed in the uk and that’s been ‘banned’ for decades.

The information from Kings College London mentioned earlier for those who want to see it.
20200716_163806.jpg
20200716_163822.jpg
20200716_163836.jpg
20200716_163849.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.