Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know if anyone saw the new 'R' rates on the gov website yesterday (put the pic below). SW is now the lowest! Guess it can fluctuate very quickly...
Screenshot_20200620-083922_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 10
Schools need to be opened fully in August let’s call blended learning what it is - part time schooling it’s ineffective and unequal. I’m hoping Boris pushes this to put more pressure on NS as her incompetence in this matter is infuriating. We spent £43 million on a Nightingale hospital which was never used but can’t give extra funding for our children’s education? Also how do we return to work? Leave our kids with the very people actually at risk - grandparents?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think ‘the science’ will determine we’re at level 2 in a matter of weeks and we’ll be at level 1 before the schools go back so everyone can go back to work for September.

No one around here is following it and frankly people seem to think wearing a masks means SD doesn’t apply 🤷🏻‍♀️
I do see us moving to L2 by September which means 'minimal social distancing required' and would allow schools to operate pretty normally I think. They can't move us to Level 1 without there being no cases in the UK, which I don't see by September. Like a previous poster said in New Zealand they got to 0 cases but then still had 1 or 2 crop up after that. Because of asymptomatic cases and transmission, I doubt we will ever get to Level 1 unless an effective vaccine is created (and people will take it). I think at Level 2 life will just be pretty much normal, but there will be some long term learns from this that we will take with us. Not sure what those will be just yet though.

Reactions: 5
I just want to know why they're so jumpy at the briefings all of a sudden😰

Reactions: 2
I do see us moving to L2 by September which means 'minimal social distancing required' and would allow schools to operate pretty normally I think. They can't move us to Level 1 without there being no cases in the UK, which I don't see by September. Like a previous poster said in New Zealand they got to 0 cases but then still had 1 or 2 crop up after that. Because of asymptomatic cases and transmission, I doubt we will ever get to Level 1 unless an effective vaccine is created (and people will take it). I think at Level 2 life will just be pretty much normal, but there will be some long term learns from this that we will take with us. Not sure what those will be just yet though.
I believe the NZ cases were 2 people from the UK who were allowed to return for a funeral on compassionate grounds.

I believe the NZ cases were 2 people from the UK who were allowed to return for a funeral on compassionate grounds.
Yea but you’ll never be able to eradicate it I doubt , because smallpox is the only one to be eradicated so far , ul probs find ul get local flare ups when borders reopen

Reactions: 4
Exactly that ! jumpy ! stuttering ,sweating as if they've got stagefright they can't get away quick enough..

Exactly that ! jumpy ! stuttering ,sweating as if they've got stagefright they can't get away quick enough..
I will go and take a look I think the briefings are on YouTube. I just don’t trust any of them anymore. I feel they’re just steaming ahead regardless now, I really don’t know who to trust or what to believe so just trying to do what feels safe & sensible to me. They got so wishy washy with the lockdown as it went on. They knew people were going to flout it over VE day and bank holiday and did nothing. I really felt that if they were going to put us in lockdown they should do it properly and I do believe we’d have been better off for that by now. Sorry, my rant this morning. I’m so fed up with it all!

Reactions: 8
I think you're right. Well absolutley be moved to level 2 by sept.... Even if the science doesn't want us to... The govt will want every child at school so that every working parent, can work and help rebuild the economy....

I do fear a second wave in the winter months and hope that the scientists continue to speak up and out (particularly independent sage)... I trust them but not the govt as far as I could throw them....

Reactions: 1
Ah okay, I didn't know that but I do think whilst there are those who have the virus but are asymptomatic we won't be able to fully stamp it out here. Unless track and trace really does ramp up or everyone is required to be tested periodically. I think we could eventually get to days where we have 0 new cases but then a few pop up every few days. Even when there is vaccine, we will likely still see some cases due to those who will refuse a vaccine, like how measles etc have seen a small rise in recent years where people are not vaccinated (in my opinion it should be mandatory to vaccinate your children but won't get into that discussion!)

Reactions: 5
I believe we are setting the bar for those generations in the future to be like “now that’s how you DO NOT handle a pandemic”.

It’s not gone away. People are infected and mixing out and about again. This will make more people infected. They will send all kids back to school. Just in time for autumn and winter. We are fucked. There is no end. Fact

Reactions: 4
I think the problem with the vaccine would be that some people would refuse to have it, it would be amazing that they could develop it so quickly but we don't know what the long term effects are.
I think I would be very reluctant for us to get it, especially at first, and this is from someone whose children are fully vaccinated on schedule.

Reactions: 9
37 years old and I've just sat and drawn a fathers day card for my dad as I'm unable to go to the shops and refused to pay the ridiculous online prices. Hope he likes stick men 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
37 years old and I've just sat and drawn a fathers day card for my dad as I'm unable to go to the shops and refused to pay the ridiculous online prices. Hope he likes stick men 😂😂
I think that’s lovely. He will appreciate the effort you have made

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.