Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question but has anyone else had really good skin during lockdown? Ive not done anything different and dont wear much makeup anyway, just bb cream and powder then cleanse morning and evening.
Ive had no breakouts at all but now lockdown has eased slightly ive got breakouts again 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes and my hair is good too (maybe lack of alcohol though during pregnancy and currently feeding 😂) I’m sure I’ll look like s**t again soon 😂 Also none of us has been ill. Pros of lockdown you don’t catch bugs!

Reactions: 1
So I know hospitals have a higher standard of cleanliness etc for obvious reasons but it was still a shock yesterday to go for my daughter’s outpatient appointment. The multiple hand sanitising checkpoints, locked corridors, everyone having to wear masks constantly, loads of windows open, social distancing in waiting rooms etc. So weird to see compared to the shops where hand sanitiser / masks are optional and half the people ignore social distancing. Like I said, I understand the reason for the difference but it makes me question the retail stuff even more than I was already

Reactions: 9
So I know hospitals have a higher standard of cleanliness etc for obvious reasons but it was still a shock yesterday to go for my daughter’s outpatient appointment. The multiple hand sanitising checkpoints, locked corridors, everyone having to wear masks constantly, loads of windows open, social distancing in waiting rooms etc. So weird to see compared to the shops where hand sanitiser / masks are optional and half the people ignore social distancing. Like I said, I understand the reason for the difference but it makes me question the retail stuff even more than I was already
my mum had to go to a&e the other week and she said it was great. Hand sani everywhere, masks everywhere and tonnes of space. Seats blocked off etc.
I have no interest in going to a retail store right now simply because everyone else can’t be bothered to follow the rules.
I’ve gone to either a garden centre or the supermarket and that’s it. I feel like yes the virus is obviously slowly becoming less contagious but equally I don’t fancy being ignorant either. I also don’t find it enjoyable getting annoyed at people who don’t care, it’s a waste of my energy.

For the most part I feel like everyone’s given up - the amount of people on insta or Facebook who openly post what they’re doing or whose house they’re at is way more than I’d have thought!

Reactions: 12
I have.....
No I’m adding nothing. I’m just quoting the news 🤦‍♀️

“TAOISEACH LEO VARADKAR’S quotations have been somewhat of a running joke during the Covid-19 pandemic.

We’ve had Seámus Heaney, Dermot Kennedy, Lord of The Rings and even The Terminator.

It now appears that Varadkar has won a bet by quoting a line from Tina Fey’s Mean Girls.

Towards the end of his speech this evening in which he updated the country on plans to lift restrictions, Varadkar said:

Some have asked whether there’s a limit to what we can achieve. My answer is that limit does not exist.

That line is the same as what was delivered by Lindsay Lohan’s Cady Heron in winning a statewide math contest.

While this may seem somewhat of a coincidence, Lord of the Rings actor Sean Astin had bet Varadkar “50 quid” on RTÉ 2FM that he “couldn’t fit Mean Girls” into the next speech.

Well, it appears he has“

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well i went back to work today for the first time since we closed for a training session.

It was ok it was alot of talking alot of has changed around the store,the tills etc hand sanitizers at entrance cleaning station etc. We have to wear masks at all times 2m apart everywhere its a new change. I still feel very anxious but i think thats normal. The tube was very quiet when i was the way there just coming back it was busy and i waited a few trains as nobody was social distancing. I need tips to wear the mask with glasses tho as it steams up so bad haha. But i go back Monday for a full day.

I needed to let that out 😑

Reactions: 5
Well i went back to work today for the first time since we closed for a training session.

It was ok it was alot of talking alot of has changed around the store,the tills etc hand sanitizers at entrance cleaning station etc. We have to wear masks at all times 2m apart everywhere its a new change. I still feel very anxious but i think thats normal. The tube was very quiet when i was the way there just coming back it was busy and i waited a few trains as nobody was social distancing. I need tips to wear the mask with glasses tho as it steams up so bad haha. But i go back Monday for a full day.

I needed to let that out 😑
Pull the mask right up and sit your glasses on top of it. I’ve also seen something about washing your glasses with shaving foam?? Might be worth a try!!

Reactions: 1
My life has changed recently. I was a furloughed from my role in Boots Opticians, but now I am a Covid 19 Tester, a role that I volentered for. This is my new normal, I won't be back in my role for quite sometime. It's good to be working in a team again the only downside is leaving the house at 6.45 am!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you to everyone who was concerned about my little one, thankfully he's back to normal and he had a swab done yesterday which came back negative this morning- think the entire street must have heard my screaming at 7am 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.