Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am glad the numbers in the UK are coming down. But what is surprising to me is how slowly it is happening. I wonder is it cause Boris did lockdown quite late, like he reacted too slowly? I see other countries numbers are now significantly going up such as in India, South America and Central America.
Our daily cases are slowly increasing though but I guess this could be down to testing?
New COVID cases : 17 June: 1115 18 June: 1218 19 June: 1346

Reactions: 2
I am glad the numbers in the UK are coming down. But what is surprising to me is how slowly it is happening. I wonder is it cause Boris did lockdown quite late, like he reacted too slowly? I see other countries numbers are now significantly going up such as in India, South America and Central America.
I think it's because we are recording deaths from all settings. Some counties are not doing this. Also some of the poorer counties dont have the medical facilities like the UK. Some deaths wont be getting recorded at all.

But I do think we went into lockdown too late. But China should have been more honest about it. But I dont want to de rail the thread as its already been covered. 🙃

Reactions: 8
To me, seeing that cases are at a plateau yet deaths continuously coming down suggests testing is finally improving. More cases - yes, serious cases - deaths don’t suggest so.

Reactions: 7
To me, seeing that cases are at a plateau yet deaths continuously coming down suggests testing is finally improving. More cases - yes, serious cases - deaths don’t suggest so.
Totally agree. I also think we are now capturing some of those who are asymptomatic in the numbers as those contacted via track and trace to isolate as they have been in contact with someone who tested positive will now likely request a test despite not necessarily showing symptoms yet.

Reactions: 3
@SarahGard83 the only mention of shielding 😔

I know I should have expected Boris to lie but I'm honestly gutted

I've had a really crappy couple of days and stupidly pinned my hopes on hearing something.
I've tuned in every day hoping for an update but nothing for us at all other than it's coming in the coming weeks. I feel like we've being forgotten. It's strange as I feel if they said we no longer need to shield I still don't think I'd really go anywhere other than to my parents and in laws. It still genuinely terrifies me

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Totally agree. I also think we are now capturing some of those who are asymptomatic in the numbers as those contacted via track and trace to isolate as they have been in contact with someone who tested positive will now likely request a test despite not necessarily showing symptoms yet.
You articulated what I wanted to say perfectly 🤣

Reactions: 4
I've tuned in every day hoping for an update but nothing for us at all other than it's coming in the coming weeks. I feel like we've being forgotten. It's strange as I feel if they said we no longer need to shield I still don't think I'd really go anywhere other than to my parents and in laws. It still genuinely terrifies me
Definitely. I just want to know what's happening, but honestly the thought of going back to normal terrifies me. I've barely been out since we've been allowed to

Definitely. I just want to know what's happening, but honestly the thought of going back to normal terrifies me. I've barely been out since we've been allowed to
I don't think people understand unless in this position. I think a lot of my family have this illusion that as soon as the government announces I no longer have to shield then I'll be straight out the door and back to life pre covid. I've had 2 short walks, seen my parents once and had to go for a few unscheduled but emergency hospital visits which gave me such bad anxiety. Mentally this has destroyed me

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I don't think people understand unless in this position. I think a lot of my family have this illusion that as soon as the government announces I no longer have to shield then I'll be straight out the door and back to life pre covid. I've had 2 short walks, seen my parents once and had to go for a few unscheduled but emergency hospital visits which gave me such bad anxiety. Mentally this has destroyed me
That's it, being constantly told "if you get this, you'll probably be seriously ill or die" - having that level of fear instilled in you on a daily basis, they really need to be careful with their next steps for us.

Reactions: 7
That's it, being constantly told "if you get this, you'll probably be seriously ill or die" - having that level of fear instilled in you on a daily basis, they really need to be careful with their next steps for us.
You've hit the nail on it's head. All we've heard is how bad it'll be should we catch it. Surely they can't just expect us to rejoin society overnight. I need baby steps

Reactions: 9
Worth it? I need to go for some basics but I cba queuing 😒
I was in after 5 mins
The queues look longer because of the gaps but it moves quicky

Yea defo got worth it , got all my summer outfits for my holiday
Lady at the till was saying they are stopping the deliveries for summerwear and is waiting for the shops to get empty and then bring out the autumn collection

• Wow
I can't see pubs being an enjoyable experience while all this social distancing is around anyway
I should imagine that once the pubs do open all social distancing will be forgotten once people have had a few drinks unfortunately.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.