Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you to everyone who was concerned about my little one, thankfully he's back to normal and he had a swab done yesterday which came back negative this morning- think the entire street must have heard my screaming at 7am 😂
Ah that’s great news 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I heard you had a maximum of 90 minutes before you had to leave
It seems a bit pointless getting all dolled up for 2 drinks in 90 minutes🤣🤣🤣. I'll just buy a few cans of White Lightening Cider and drink it behind the school bike shed for a bit of excitement then🤣🤣🤣🤣🍻🍺🍾🍹🍸🍷🥂😉

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thank you to everyone who was concerned about my little one, thankfully he's back to normal and he had a swab done yesterday which came back negative this morning- think the entire street must have heard my screaming at 7am 😂
Glad hes ok. Every little thing with mine I'm like shitttt, they have got covid.

It seems a bit pointless getting all dolled up for 2 drinks in 90 minutes🤣🤣🤣. I'll just buy a few cans of White Lightening Cider and drink it behind the school bike shed for a bit of excitement then🤣🤣🤣🤣🍻🍺🍾🍹🍸🍷🥂😉
Dont forget you 10 Richmond super kings. And 50p for some chips 😂 Ahhh good old days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Just noticed this on my iPhone. It can’t be turned on until the app is ready.
How do you get to this? Did you have to update your phone or was it just automatic? I'm assuming its under Health > Devices > Research studies?
I don't seem to have it.

The covid things turned up.on my phone as well. It's under my Google accounts bit in my settings.

Do we think that schools will open on sept for everyone full time? Or do the govt have to say this now to give themselves something to aim for?

It doesn't sit well with me as they have to reduce distancing to 1m or probably even zero SD to be able to get all the kids in..m and that doesn't feel safe.... Even if numbers of deaths/R rate drops... Sept will be going into winter months when a second peak is more likely anyway...

Reactions: 3
I heard rubbing them with a slice of cucumber is meant to stop them steaming up
Toothpaste / car polish are supposed to stop steam also
You know we need glasses to see right 🤣
I have images of my glasses looking like the inside of a Big Mac with gurkins and mayo but it’s really just toothpaste and cucumber so THATS ok 🤣
They’re covid approved.

i have heard washing them with shaving foam works but I’m tempted to try ketchup and mayo.

I’m gonna miss Andrew Cuomo’s covid updates 🤣 I’m having Post lockdown withdrawal symptoms

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have images of my glasses looking like the inside of a Big Mac with gurkins and mayo but it’s really just toothpaste and cucumber so THATS ok 🤣
They’re covid approved.

i have heard washing them with shaving foam works but I’m tempted to try ketchup and mayo.

I’m gonna miss Andrew Cuomo’s covid updates 🤣 I’m having Post lockdown withdrawal symptoms
I tried the shaving foam on a bathroom mirror once didn't work :(why has Cuomo's updates finished has NY opened

They’re covid approved.

Washing up liquid 💯% works😁

Reactions: 2
Do we think that schools will open on sept for everyone full time? Or do the govt have to say this now to give themselves something to aim for?

It doesn't sit well with me as they have to reduce distancing to 1m or probably even zero SD to be able to get all the kids in..m and that doesn't feel safe.... Even if numbers of deaths/R rate drops... Sept will be going into winter months when a second peak is more likely anyway...
I reckon it'll be a part time basis. Maybe once or twice a week per year group

I reckon it'll be a part time basis. Maybe once or twice a week per year group
I thought that. I thought each year would do a ful day a week.... But bojos said today he wants everyone in, full time.

It really concerns me that they'll reduce the threat level again - and force schools to open, business as usual.... Covid will still be around, but it'll be glossed over and schools opened too soon...

I thought that. I thought each year would do a ful day a week.... But bojos said today he wants everyone in, full time.

It really concerns me that they'll reduce the threat level again - and force schools to open, business as usual.... Covid will still be around, but it'll be glossed over and schools opened too soon...
Our schools will only operate on a part time basis if the classroom is to small to allow the 1m rule .secondary will have the teacher move between classes instead of the pupils and they will operate the bubble system.

I think he’s going for it full time all kids back, as stated. Tbh I don’t disagree 😬 would be easier for primary, but secondary is much more challenging.

My daughter has been back to school 1 week and she’s like a different kid!

Reactions: 7
Big brother is watching us

I’m just generally in a state of confusion. They’re telling us the virus is here and still deadly. They’re telling us to go to work. They’re opening primark. They’re talking about abolishing social distancing for schools. They won’t let me hug my mum. Gah

Reactions: 6
I think ‘the science’ will determine we’re at level 2 in a matter of weeks and we’ll be at level 1 before the schools go back so everyone can go back to work for September.

No one around here is following it and frankly people seem to think wearing a masks means SD doesn’t apply 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
With the deaths dropping, the steroid treatment reducing deaths, the infections slowly dropping (as discussed on the last thread the plateau looks like more cases are very mild and being found early before much spread) and no real 2nd wave yet that we are aware of means that we really do need to weigh up the risk, and September is still a way off.

This virus will never completely disappear. We are probably never going to get to zero deaths or cases a day. New zealand is an example of that - declared itself free of the virus but now has a couple of cases again but hopefully now under control.

Weighing up the risk factor I do think come September it will be let's just go for it. If people want to keep their kids off still that is their choice. But my son is getting more withdrawn and I hate it. My husband and I are having to balance work and homeschool and it sucks. I also just want to see my family who don't live close by.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.