Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They may not be but perhaps it might make people think twice. We can all do what we want. This is just my opinion.

Reactions: 2
I can't give too much away but a family member of mine works within an essential service and they have been told today to expect the country will be under quarantine within two weeks like Italy is. They have to have people working at the location so they are being screened everyday for temperature and if they have even one symptom they have been told not to go into work.
They need to do it now. 2 weeks is too far away!

Reactions: 8
No I don't think I would. Nor do I see the need for 6 packets of pasta in my cupboard. If I am self isolating with my hungry children then I will feed them with the food in the house and should I need more I can ask for someone to deliver some to me that is unless everyone takes the view that they must ransack the supermarkets now for no good reason. What use is all that extra food and supplies to you if you don't get sick and don't need to isolate. Even as bad as things are in Italy you can still go to the shop. This isn't the apocalypse. Life will still go on for the majority of people who will be relatively unaffected by this.
In our household the extra food will simply be used once isolation is complete. Not everyone has family and/or friends nearby to deliver to their door.

If self-isolation is necessary then my family will not need to place any burden on others in terms of food or supplies because we have planned sensibly and with a sense of perspective. I have around 2 weeks of basics in our garage and that feels propotionate given the information available to us thus far. If that's viewed as selfish by others than they can kiss my ass 🙋‍♀️😆

P.S yep I do have around 6 packs of pasta #familyoffive 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Do you think Matt Hancock's statement will be on the TV ? Watching the news now waiting ..... Do you think it will be nothing ??
I think he may announce school closures and stricter measures for any cold/flu symptoms.

Reactions: 1
In our household the extra food will simply be used once isolation is complete. Not everyone has family and/or friends nearby to deliver to their door.

If self-isolation is necessary then my family will not need to place any burden on others in terms of food or supplies because we have planned sensibly and with a sense of perspective. I have around 2 weeks of basics in our garage and that feels propotionate given the information available to us thus far. If that's viewed as selfish by others than they can kiss my ass 🙋‍♀️😆
Yes, this 100%. I do not want to have to ask OTHER people to go to the store for me and possibly infect themselves because I wasn't prepared.

Reactions: 20
I think he may announce school closures and stricter measures for any cold/flu symptoms.
I think they might brief the press before that happens (embargoed) and the statement will be live on the main news channels rather than the Parliament channel.

Reactions: 2
I would call back and ask if they can just confirm if they think your daughter doesn't need a test, when they say yes I would say you are going to take her to A&E.
Hopfully they then tit themselves at the thought of a possible infected patient coming to A&E and offer a test.
I tried and tried with her but she wouldn’t budge, she said it’s unlikely she’s infected as she’s only been to Liverpool where cases are few and isolated. She said call back if she feels worse, what for you to tell me again she’s not been to Italy so doesn’t need testing, I think not,

She isn’t unwell, just has a dry cough and chest feels a bit tight but I wish I could reassure myself with thr fact she doesn’t have a fever but I can’t as kids get this more mild 🙄

Boris is having another meeting in the morning and apparently they'll do the right thing at the right time, though to me this seems too late!

Reactions: 5
So basically Mr Hancock didn't tell us anything new in his 7pm statement. Only reminded us to call the useless 111 helpline if we have symptoms.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I can't give too much away but a family member of mine works within an essential service and they have been told today to expect the country will be under quarantine within two weeks like Italy is. They have to have people working at the location so they are being screened everyday for temperature and if they have even one symptom they have been told not to go into work.
Also heard this today, from a member of essential service.

Reactions: 4
I agree 100%... My fear is actually enforcing the quarantine in this country as I think even then a lot of people wouldn't take it seriously!
The cheltenham people certainly had no fear. I cant believe that! I wouldnt have gone if you paid me!

Reactions: 6
(he’s got the pride badge on..)
I'm so sick of seeing that badge.

Just got back expecting to tune into this announcement and it's already over and nothing said again. 😬

Shops are the most empty they've ever been. Why are people stocking up with pasta? There's no nutrition in it, it'll fill you up so unless there's lots of fresh veg you're not going to feel good living off that.

Reactions: 7
I'm so sick of seeing that badge.

Just got back expecting to tune into this announcement and it's already over and nothing said again. 😬

Shops are the most empty they've ever been. Why are people stocking up with pasta? There's no nutrition in it, it'll fill you up so unless there's lots of fresh veg you're not going to feel good living off that.
I have to agree surely we should all be fighting over frozen veg and tinned fruit .

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.