Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It isn't selfish. There may come a point where you have to stay in your house for a month or longer. It is not selfish to prepare for your family. Having enough dried food, cans, food for your pet, etc, to get through a month is not crazy. The people who are unprepared will panic when that happens and it will be too late.
It is in my opinion.

Reactions: 6
I do think supermarkets should limit HOW much people can buy, in terms of toilet paper, soap, etc.

Reactions: 27
I do think supermarkets should limit HOW much people can buy, in terms of toilet paper, soap, etc.
Agree. And if you are stuck in your house for a month(?) People can go and get stuff for you. It's just grabby grab grab culture. Make sure you are sorted and to hell with everyone else. If we all had that attitude shops would be bare already. Luckily some of us have a social conscience.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
because they need accurate figures onwhat is happening to understand where it is spreading .. there must beso many mpre cases than stats suggedt if this istheir standard approach

Reactions: 1
in a lot of supermarkets in londonthey limit antibac stuff and medicines

Prepare by doing what? Selfishly stockpiling? No thanks.
If you bought a extra packet of pasta a week over 6 weeks you would still have 6 packets in the end and the same amount if you went out and bought all 6 in one go.Doing the later means that there is likely to be less available for those who also decide at the same time that they need pasta too.

If you had chosen to take the first route you wouldn't be running to the shops now to buy the pasta- leaving it for those who didn't buy it in the first place.

Having a social conscience is all grand, but I think you might think differently if it was your baby or child crying in hunger. You like anyone else would do whatever it takes to protect your family first.

• Angry
Reactions: 19
If you bought a extra packet of pasta a week over 6 weeks you would still have 6 packets in the end and the same amount if you went out and bought all 6 in one go.Doing the later means that there is likely to be less available for those who also decide at the same time that they need pasta too.

If you had chosen to take the first route you wouldn't be running to the shops now to buy the pasta- leaving it for those who didn't buy it in the first place.
Wow! Let's not be unfair to people. None of this have been face with such extreme precautions before due to a pandemic. We haven't had any support or guidance from our own government but have been panicked by what we are seeing and hearing from abroad.
Naturally people will be anticipating the worst and that has led to a mad rush of many many people accross the country stocking up on necessities should things come to the worst.

It's not very fair to compare and condemn how people have done this be it an organised and processed decision or a moment of panic. None of us are prepared for what we face over the next few weeks and we should be supporting eachother and understanding of each individuals experience, thoughts and feelings despite how they may differ from our own.

Reactions: 14
Agree. And if you are stuck in your house for a month(?) People can go and get stuff for you. It's just grabby grab grab culture. Make sure you are sorted and to hell with everyone else. If we all had that attitude shops would be bare already. Luckily some of us have a social conscience.
It's at times like this when it brings out the best and the worst in humanity.
Selfishness and greed the worst traits.
Yes I have bought extra but not a stockpile meaning the shelves are bare for everyone else.

Reactions: 5
Wow! Let's not be unfair to people. None of this have been face with such extreme precautions before due to a pandemic. We haven't had any support or guidance from our own government but have been panicked by what we are seeing and hearing from abroad.
Naturally people will be anticipating the worst and that has led to a mad rush of many many people accross the country stocking up on necessities should things come to the worst.

It's not very fair to compare and condemn how people have done this be it an organised and processed decision or a moment of panic. None of us are prepared for what we face over the next few weeks and we should be supporting eachother and understanding of each individuals experience, thoughts and feelings despite how they may differ from our own.
I don't think I'm being unfair or condemning anyone, just providing another view point. Ultimately it's up to everyone else to do what they think is best for their own families.

Do you think Matt Hancock's statement will be on the TV ? Watching the news now waiting ..... Do you think it will be nothing ??

Having a social conscience is all grand, but I think you might think differently if it was your baby or child crying in hunger. You like anyone else would do whatever it takes to protect your family first.
No I don't think I would. Nor do I see the need for 6 packets of pasta in my cupboard. If I am self isolating with my hungry children then I will feed them with the food in the house and should I need more I can ask for someone to deliver some to me that is unless everyone takes the view that they must ransack the supermarkets now for no good reason. What use is all that extra food and supplies to you if you don't get sick and don't need to isolate. Even as bad as things are in Italy you can still go to the shop. This isn't the apocalypse. Life will still go on for the majority of people who will be relatively unaffected by this.

Reactions: 4
It's at times like this when it brings out the best and the worst in humanity.
Selfishness and greed the worst traits.
Yes I have bought extra but not a stockpile meaning the shelves are bare for everyone else.
Nobody is going out with the intention to leave others suffering! People aren't stood looking at toilet rolls and pasta thinking to themselves I'm gonna take as much of this as I can and leave NOTHING for anyone else because I'm more important than the person next to me!

People are reacting to uncertainty, scaremongering and situations abroad- everyone is different. Individuals will have their reasons for wanting to quickly 'stockpile' in bulk and others will have taken a more planned approach perhaps. Neither is right or wrong! We should have been given much clearer information as to what might be put in place and instead we are all confused and unsure and making choices based on what we are hearing and seeing!

Reactions: 9
Nobody is going out with the intention to leave others suffering! People aren't stood looking at toilet rolls and pasta thinking to themselves I'm gonna take as much of this as I can and leave NOTHING for anyone else because I'm more important than the person next to me!

People are reacting to uncertainty, scaremongering and situations abroad- everyone is different. Individuals will have their reasons for wanting to quickly 'stockpile' in bulk and others will have taken a more planned approach perhaps. Neither is right or wrong! We should have been given much clearer information as to what might be put in place and instead we are all confused and unsure and making choices based on what we are hearing and seeing!
Humans literally fear the unknown. I don't know why anyone is surprised by the panic reaction. Seeing what is going on in Italy, and the UK govt is still so blase about it is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: 15
I called 111 tonight, what a waste of time. They asked my 18 year old daughter symptoms, I said dry cough and tight chest. They asked if she had been to Italy or been in close contact with anyone a known case, I said no, outcome was we couldn’t take her to the local test centre as she doesn’t meet the criteria, I challenged this and said ’so are people only qualifying for testing if been to Italy or related/in close contact with known cases?’ Yes she said. So I said well ‘why is this being called a pandemic? It doesn’t mean now that you can only have it if been to Italy, it’s in the UK now so it can spread here and be passed on. Am I wrong?’ She said ‘I understand but at this time she is at no risk and just monitor her, if her chest gets worse ring us back’. I said ‘I have a health condition, as does my husband putting us higher risk I think it’s terrible our daughter can’t be tested. Why tell us to keep washing our hands to protect ourselves yet you’re saying people cant catch it within the UK and warrant testing only if been out of the country!!’ that’s basically what they’re saying.

Trying to reassure myself that this is a good thing she may not even have it and her dry tickly cough and tight chest is just her mild asthma flaring for whatever reason, it’s been a while since it has, I’m not convinced. She went to Liverpool in the last 2 weeks twice where there are cases that’s why I’m worried. My anxiety is having a party with fear incase she has it and there’s nothing I can do to reassure myself, not even go to the drive in test centre we have locally according to 111 as she doesn’t meet the criteria. I’ve had bad anxiety since yesterday about this virus and I don’t know how to reassure myself as kids get it mild or carry it and even though I’ve health issues they won’t let her be checked. Useless! Wish I could feel reassured.
I would call back and ask if they can just confirm if they think your daughter doesn't need a test, when they say yes I would say you are going to take her to A&E.
Hopfully they then tit themselves at the thought of a possible infected patient coming to A&E and offer a test.

Reactions: 10
I can't give too much away but a family member of mine works within an essential service and they have been told today to expect the country will be under quarantine within two weeks like Italy is. They have to have people working at the location so they are being screened everyday for temperature and if they have even one symptom they have been told not to go into work.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Litteraly getting into arguments with my family because I'm worried about all this and they aren't. They are treating it like a big joke and I don't want to sit in their company or visit because I just don't trust them to be taking this seriously enough

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.