Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just placed an online food order with Morrison’s and they’re limiting things such as long life milk, chopped tomatoes, passata etc. I actually need the latter two for recipes I’m making this week!

Reactions: 3
Stockpiling food is outrageously greedy and selfish. No you don't need 50 loo rolls or a cupboard full of pasta. What about the other people who need food and provisions? Just shows the worst of humanity.

Reactions: 33
Is this Matt Hancock 7pm speech happening? I haven't heard much reporting on it

I'm probably reading a bit too much into it, but In my head I was convinced it will be shutting down schools and events

Reactions: 8
No loo rolls in my local shops and there aren't even any cases near where I live. I'm really disappointed with how the government are dealing with this.

Reactions: 6
Is this Matt Hancock 7pm speech happening? I haven't heard much reporting on it

I'm probably reading a bit too much into it, but In my head I was convinced it will be shutting down schools and events
I think this also

Reactions: 1
Someone in my family has come down with the symptoms quite suddenly (cough, fever, shortness of breath). They've had contact through work with people who came back from Italy before they went into self isolation (no idea they didn't isolate immediately after return). She phoned 111, half an hour wait so phoned the 0800 coronavirus helpline and got told to treat it like any other viral infection and forget about coronavirus.
It’s absolutely rediculous it really is. I think they’re so afraid of the economic impact they aren’t getting a full picture of what’s actually happening

Reactions: 4
Stockpiling food is outrageously greedy and selfish. No you don't need 50 loo rolls or a cupboard full of pasta. What about the other people who need food and provisions? Just shows the worst of humanity.
Apparantly we are in the minority in this way of thinking.

There's about 10 cases in my city. I went to Tesco to buy some loo roll (I have 2 rolls of a 4 roll packet left, so not stockpiling at all) and antibacterial wipes (I clean with them and usually buy a packet or 2 a week and have for many moons) - not one packet of either. Went to a local small shop to try and get them and found no loo roll just wipes. It was 2 for 1 so I got 2, people were looking at them when I was in the queue and I saw them leave the queue go to buy them in bulk...

Pasta shelves completely empty, not many eggs, water or tins, no bleach.

Will have to get the bus to another supermarket tomorrow because I neeeeed loo roll :eek:

Reactions: 2
Without wanting to alarm, have a look at this thread on twitter. Seems to be very difficult to get a test:
Thank you for posting this, am now following him and waiting to see when he finally gets his results. Form what I’ve read of how he described everything the more I’m convinced it’s what my husband had as it sounds exactly the same. Interesting but scary reading

Reactions: 3
There's about 10 cases in my city. I went to Tesco to buy some loo roll (I have 2 rolls of a 4 roll packet left, so not stockpiling at all) and antibacterial wipes (I clean with them and usually buy a packet or 2 a week and have for many moons) - not one packet of either. Went to a local small shop to try and get them and found no loo roll just wipes. It was 2 for 1 so I got 2, people were looking at them when I was in the queue and I saw them leave the queue go to buy them in bulk...

Pasta shelves completely empty, not many eggs, water or tins, no bleach.

Will have to get the bus to another supermarket tomorrow because I neeeeed loo roll :eek:
If you have a Wilko near you try that, that's the only place I've found loo roll in recent days. Seems not everyone is thinking of going there.

Apparantly we are in the minority in this way of thinking.
I honestly don’t get why people are stockpiling toilet roll. The shelf’s were empty of toilet roll, pasta and hand gel earlier.

Has anyone directly asked their childs school what their plan of action regarding coronavirus is?
There was a mum on the playground today, really panicked, saying her and her partner wouldnt be able to live if they shut the schools as they both needed to work to pay their bills.
Hopefully we can all rally around and offer childcare between ourselves to help each other out.
I have 2 family members who work in the NHS, one as a nurse in an adult cancer ward and the other works in mental health. Neither of them have been given any direction whatsoever on coronavirus. The one in a mental health hospital said you would think at the least they would have a plan for staff absences. These are the kinds of things the government should have been sorting and communicating back in January.

Reactions: 7
So if this lockdown happens will no one be allowed to go to work? I heard in Italy people are still going to work it’s just curfewed?

Since when has it been okay to comment on what people are buying? I’d tell him to mind his business 😂
Off topic but when my step-daughter went off to Uni I made her up a going away ‘parcel’ which was a mixture of basics (pasta, shampoo, chocolate!) and a mixture of silly/joke things (condoms, vodka) and it was only when the online delivery arrived on my doorstep did I consider the reality of what that random shop looked like, more so because the delivery guy was about 19. Honestly, how he kept a straight face and such professionalism while handing a middle-aged woman a tit tonne of vodka, condoms and walnut whips (her fave!) I will never know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The toilet roll stockpiling is ridiculous - if you’re stuck at home you can easily shower yourself clean unless you’ve mobility issues in and out of the shower I assume. It’s quite sad as I’m sure the war generation were a bit more “in it together” rather than this selfish, self important mentality we seem to have adopted.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.