Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wont be celebrating until it's zero, i know the sentiment is a positive one but those 55 people will have had families who will be absolutely devastated right now and there is nothing amazing about that :(
Of course deaths decreasing is a good thing but still 💔
I get what you mean but if we thought like that then we would never leave the house for fear of catching anything or getting run down.

I don't think they ever record care home deaths on a weekend because it's public health England who add them all up. The weekend deaths from care homes are added on the weekdays which is why there is that jump on a Tuesday. Even with the weekly jumps it's really positive that's it's the lowest weekend deaths so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That's great but I can't help but feel we're not getting the true figures. To go from 300+ to 55 almost overnight seems to good to be true
There's always a delay in registering deaths over the weekend so the numbers are lower.

If you look at the breakdown of deaths each day then it's from more than the previous 24 hours, they go back weeks, so don't let the higher figures on certain days freak you out too much. If you search for the england covid 19 stats on google and look at the NHS page that comes up you'll be able to see the daily releases which show you how the deaths break down over various days. Hopefully it'll put your mind at ease rather than thinking that number died the previous day. (Obviously that's just English hospitals but it should reassure you)

Reactions: 3
That's great but I can't help but feel we're not getting the true figures. To go from 300+ to 55 almost overnight seems to good to be true
The graphs which show actual date of death rather than date the deaths were recorded show a smooth gradient going down. The high and low figures are because of how NHS/Care providers report. If you look back at all the declared deaths on Mondays then it's not as much of a jump - was 120 something last Monday.

I would think the whole family ,different for an adult they can self isolate in the home but not possible for a child..

We've had zero for two days now but it's the rate of infection you go by not the deaths they've said 🤷‍♀️

That looks so much better too though, at one point we were only testing those admitted to hospital and getting 4000+ positive cases. Now we test all with symptoms and are below 1500. Rate of infection does seem to be falling. I know they say due to asymptomatic cases it's more like 5000 a day but on that basis if we had 4000 cases a day just in hospital at one point the asymptomatic cases would have been much much higher.

Things are going the right way at the moment it seems.

Reactions: 5
I don't think they ever record care home deaths on a weekend because it's public health England who add them all up. The weekend deaths from care homes are added on the weekdays which is why there is that jump on a Tuesday. Even with the weekly jumps it's really positive that's it's the lowest weekend deaths so far.
Yes but there could be hundreds being kept alive on ventilators it's how many new infections will indicate the true figures ?

That looks so much better too though, at one point we were only testing those admitted to hospital and getting 4000+ positive cases. Now we test all with symptoms and are below 1500. Rate of infection does seem to be falling. I know they say due to asymptomatic cases it's more like 500 a day but on that basis if we had 4000 cases a day just in hospital at one point the asymptomatic cases would have been much much higher.

Things are going the right way at the moment it seems.
Hopefully ..the nxt few weeks will tell us for sure ..

Reactions: 1
It’s really good news how low the figures are now. I still feel awful for people who are suffering and the people who have passed away but it’s going in the right direction. Cases going down too! Im hoping I’m the next couple of weeks we are going to be in low double figures in the week now. I know it’s still sad about the people who are dying and suffering but it’s definitely going the right way 😊

Reactions: 6
The new infections rate it looking positive, especially as we are testing everyone with symptoms and NHS/Care staff weekly for the most part and still seeing the lower numbers.

Keeping a really close eye over the next week/fortnight after the loosening of some measures 🤞🤞

I feel like I’ve had a good few weeks and now I’m feeling a bit tit again. Maybe because of a few reasons... it was supposed to be our wedding day this Sunday, the weather has taken a turn for the worse and since schools have reopened, there’s less structure for my Y3 at home because his teacher is needed for other years at school. He’s still being set maths and spellings, but is questioning why he has to do other things. His work is now set fortnightly and we choose what he can do each day, but he’s just not interested in doing any of it. Before we had a few moments but as his work was being marked daily, it helped with getting him to do it.

Now all he wants to do is play Animal Crossing (I don’t blame him to be fair!) and go on the iPad. It’s hard not to give in and let him do that all day, just for an easy life.

If the weather was nicer we could go for a big walk somewhere but that’s not easy now.

Ugh!

As much as I didn't think I'd ever say this...
I MISS SOFT PLAY!!,😳😭
Our local soft play serves wine. It's on a holiday camp with log cabins. On a Friday when I'm off work we go straight after school with a few other mums. Kick kids into the play area have some wine and a burger (they also sell amazing food).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Made myself a sock mask last night out of a new white trainer sock 😂 its not actually that bad 😂 Shoved some kitchen roll down the back and it seems ok.
Using it for the first time today so will see how I go! Not used a mask yet and theres not many people round here using one so I'll probably feel a right wally 😂😂
Boohoo .com do cheap ones if anyone's after some 👍🏻

Reactions: 2
This is very much conspiracy but does anyone remember Sylvia Browns claims in her predictions

“In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments.”

“Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it has arrived, attack again 10 years later, and then disappear completely.”

I take these things with a pinch of salt but I can’t quite help but believe it will go as quick as it came.

I will get my tin hat and make my way out.....

Reactions: 14
This is very much conspiracy but does anyone remember Sylvia Browns claims in her predictions

“In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments.”

“Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it has arrived, attack again 10 years later, and then disappear completely.”

I take these things with a pinch of salt but I can’t quite help but believe it will go as quick as it came.

I will get my tin hat and make my way out.....
Lol I read this back in Feb and have always kept it in the back of my mind as something I just hoped came true 😂

If it does just die out now, that would be very strange, even more so if it then came back in 2030 (everyone saying there will be second wave tweeting in 2030 like 'SEE! That'll be all those 2020 beachgoers!' haha)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Lol I read this back in Feb and have always kept it in the back of my mind as something I just hoped came true 😂

If it does just die out now, that would be very strange, even more so if it then came back in 2030 (everyone saying there will be second wave tweeting in 2030 like 'SEE! That'll be all those 2020 beachgoers!' haha)
Haha same! It just popped into my head after seeing numbers fall to double digits - like a light at the end of a tunnel all of a sudden.

let’s stock up on pasta and toilet roll now! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ryan Air’s CEO Michael O'Leary has the most revolting teeth. Has he ever been to a dentist? Yellow much?

Oh i don't know then, our school are saying it has to be the whole family. Assuming they have all had contact with the child who attended school with the suspected case
I just assumed that was the ruling as they have an nhs style flow chart with it on, maybe not then?

Our school has recently shut too due to a case and yes we have also been told all family must isolate

As much as I didn't think I'd ever say this...
I MISS SOFT PLAY!!,😳😭
You are sicker with something way worse than covid 😂😂

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.