Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha! Bit late now... maybe the SW are still expecting their peak. To be honest I think the one here only ever had about 15 patients in it at a time.
They only started it about 3 weeks ago. Makes you wonder if they are expecting it to get bad again

Wearing the mask makes my glasses steam up loads which is a pain and dangerous since I’m blind as a bat if I can’t see with my specs 🤦‍♀️
I've found a partial solution - if you're wearing a surgical mask (or any full covering mask), put up higher up so it's under your eyes, then put your glasses over it, so they're on the bridge of your nose. The bottom of your glasses cover the mask, but it stops the fogging. I hate wearing them, but I feel safer when out shopping and will do once I'm travelling to and from work - will be wearing one in work too as I'm in retail.

Reactions: 5
Yes but there could be hundreds being kept alive on ventilators it's how many new infections will indicate the true figures ?

Hopefully ..the nxt few weeks will tell us for sure ..
I know between our two hospitals in my area we have no patients on ventilators for covid and there is 3 covid patients in our hospital

Reactions: 5
I know between our two hospitals in my area we have no patients on ventilators for covid and there is 3 covid patients in our hospital
There's a lot of hospital's both NHS and private ,Kate Garraway's husband is still being ventilated even though he has little chance of recovery .He's in a private hospital ,we don't know how many cases they are dealing with nationwide as only NHS figures were being counted until last week.Then they said they were another 62,000 excess deaths from March till May 48,000 of those not in an NHS setting 🤷‍♀️

There's a lot of hospital's both NHS and private ,Kate Garraway's husband is still being ventilated even though he has little chance of recovery .He's in a private hospital ,we don't know how many cases they are dealing with nationwide as only NHS figures were being counted until last week.Then they said they were another 62,000 excess deaths from March till May 48,000 of those not in an NHS setting 🤷‍♀️
I’m not doubting it , I was just saying it as a postive note because the north east keeps getting highlighted as worse areas but we are down to 3 covid patients in one trust with none of them being in iccu and very few new diagnosed patients

• Heart
Reactions: 4
WTF. This is a complete 180 of what they have been saying for MONTHS while people are in LOCKDOWN. I no longer trust what they say. In January, they tweeted that it couldn't spread from human to human. Then they said "no masks" then "WEAR masks." I don't think they know what they are talking about.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I’m not doubting it , I was just saying it as a postive note because the north east keeps getting highlighted as worse areas but we are down to 3 covid patients in one trust with none of them being in iccu and very few new diagnosed patients
Yes things are going in the right direction ,long may it continue🤞

Reactions: 2
WTF. This is a complete 180 of what they have been saying for MONTHS while people are in LOCKDOWN. I no longer trust what they say. In January, they tweeted that it couldn't spread from human to human. Then they said "no masks" then "WEAR masks." I don't think they know what they are talking about.

I literally don’t believe a word that comes from the government anymore🤥🤥🤥

Reactions: 6
I see Jet2 have pushed their holidays back again and everything cancelled up until 14th July.

Looks like a case of watch and wait ,and the rest with a pinch of salt .We'll know within the nxt couple of months if this is really going away, it will have fizzled out by then for sure..

Reactions: 3
I don't believe anything about Covid 19 from the chinese, WHO and the UK government.. All a bunch of useless cuntbuckets.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Sooo it seems there is a difference between presymptomatic and asymptomatic.
Presymptomatic: can infect before showing symptoms.
Asymptomatic: never shows symptoms.

Apparently asymptomatic rarely infects people... makes you wonder though.

We have to remember here that with a novel virus, never seen before, the science is changing and evolving. So the 180 U turns are likely to be because the science is now proving otherwise.

This is why at the beginning they said TEST TEST TEST so they can build data!!

Reactions: 9
Sooo it seems there is a difference between presymptomatic and asymptomatic.
Presymptomatic: can infect before showing symptoms.
Asymptomatic: never shows symptoms.

Apparently asymptomatic rarely infects people... makes you wonder though.
Did someone not say earlier in the thread that the asymptomatic people tested where they work had no anti-bodies but the people that showed symptoms had .Then someone else contradicted this they were having the opposite results when they were tested .Makes you wonder how valid the tests are?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s all just so confusing. It’s going to be so interesting to see if there is a spike in 2 weeks after the protests. More interesting if there isn’t a spike after the protests.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.