Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve
A couple of weeks ago I was full of hope that September would be the new normal, but, unfortunately, where I work we’re starting to see the effects of VE Day celebrations so my hope has dwindled. Fingers crossed though as I have a UK holiday booked.

Where do you find this?
It was in the local paper, online. Must admit I was shocked when I read it.

I was talking to my female boss today, and I said I have not worn make-up or a bra in 3 months! She is the same. Oh the relief.... Anyone else?
Not worn mascara since lockdown but have worn foundation/bronzer to work (don’t know why I bother as it sweats off immediately under ppe!), don’t wear bras anyway! Also haven’t done my hair, not used hairdryer or straighteners since lockdown. I can’t wait to have somewhere to go because the glow up is going to be unreal :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
I was talking to my female boss today, and I said I have not worn make-up or a bra in 3 months! She is the same. Oh the relief.... Anyone else?
I have a weekly zoom chat with my friends on a Saturday night and I put make up on and dress a bit nicer, but just because it makes me feel better. Bras depends on what I'm wearing and if anyone could tell, we have a lot of work video calls 😂

Reactions: 2
I’m always in pyjama bottoms and t shirt just so I’m slightly more appropriately dressed for work meetings (more catch up chats every day than anything formal) 😂 don’t know what jeans feel like anymore

Reactions: 4
I've actually started getting up every day and putting on makeup and dressing as though i were going to work to work from home at 9 in my living room the last few weeks. I feel like for me, it's had a really positive impact on my mental health and productivity. Also running before work 3 days a week has really helped.

My company announced today that it's likely my team won't be back in the office in 2020, so I'm glad in a way I've got some semblance of routine now to see me through.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have. I am not wearing makeup today. But most days I still do my makeup/hair and dress nicely as it makes me feel better mentally. Lol.

I have. I am not wearing makeup today. But most days I still do my makeup/hair and dress nicely as it makes me feel better mentally. Lol.
Yep, me too!
At first, I wasn't working or leaving the house so didn't bother. After about two weeks, I decided I should fix up a bit and started putting on a bit of make up and changing in to loungewear in the day instead of pjs all day. I've not looked back since. Done wonders for my mental health!
Those first few days with make up on, I would startle myself walking past a mirror and be "who was that?!" :ROFLMAO:
I know do it about 3 time a week. The rest I look like a slob x

Reactions: 6
I have worn a bra every day, but I have enormous boobs and it would hurt a LOT. I also exercise everyday and again...ouch.

I have got used to not wearing make up though. My skin is so much clearer now! Despite all the booze and chocolate!

• Haha
Is anyone else looking at the protest at Downing street and thinking it will lead to another spike?

Reactions: 5
This is the saddest part of lockdown. The left picture I took the last time I went to see my cousin’s baby boy. The right picture she just sent me of him now. My whole family have missed out on so much of his first months😭
They change so much at that age, it breaks my heart. My little niece is 2 and I haven't seen her since feb half term 😥

• Sad
This is the saddest part of lockdown. The left picture I took the last time I went to see my cousin’s baby boy. The right picture she just sent me of him now. My whole family have missed out on so much of his first months😭
I sent a picture of my son to his childminder and she said he looks like he's grown about 4 foot. I didn't realise how much he actually had changed until I took two pictures to compare but he doesn't look like a baby anymore 😭

• Sad
I sent a picture of my son to his childminder and she said he looks like he's grown about 4 foot. I didn't realise how much he actually had changed until I took two pictures to compare but he doesn't look like a baby anymore 😭
They change so much at that age, it breaks my heart. My little niece is 2 and I haven't seen her since feb half term 😥
It’s so sad isn’t it! You really don’t notice when you see them all the time. He literally looks like a different child. My cousin is worried that he’ll be so clingy and attached to her because he hasn’t had chance to form relationships with the rest of the family during his first months

Reactions: 1
Whats wrong with his eyes they look like hearts? :giggle: ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The business secretary Alok Sharma is isolating after falling ill at the commons this afternoon

• Wow
  • Sad
My mum works as a cleaner at a hospital and had her test back to say they have detected antibodies which looks like at some point she has had it. She is not in a good place today shes struggling with the concept that she could have unwittingly given it to someone as has worked throughout (never had any symptoms). Has anyone else had the antibody test yet x
I’m NHS too, and I have looked after positive covid patients, I’ve filled out the form today to be tested.

I realised today that my baby has spent more than half his life in lockdown. He’s my first. It’s crap :(

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Is anyone else looking at the protest at Downing street and thinking it will lead to another spike?
the government are scared to comment on it, like most online are, for fear of looking like you’re criticising the protests.

Its hard to criticise one type of “gathering”
but then be ok with thousands gathering together to London, no matter the cause.

its ok to be angry and upset about normal people breaking lockdown guidelines, but protests are deemed “ok”

I think we can all just hope we’re over the worst of the virus and pray that things will be ok and nobody takes ill because of beach outings, bbq’s with friends or protests.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.