Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup, apparently we're at level 1 overnight. I realise this is from the daily fail but still, what the actual duck is going on?!
That's exactly what's happened. It's absolutely shocking!!! I'm lost for words 😞

Reactions: 2
I dont think we will see a second peak and a reintroduction of lockdown, I think for now we've been through the worst and will make it through the summer with deaths still happening but not on a huge scale, and then who knows come next winter. I think numbers will slightly rise as seen in Germany and Spain as restrictions ease and then balance out again. I dont think this virus is going anywhere and I think its a case of the NHS can cope so start opening life back up.

Reactions: 11
it was me. I’m fully aware that every year it’s a different flu strain and different bugs etc and getting once doesn’t mean you get it all the time. I know how illness works. That’s literally common sense.

what I’m saying is that kids and people In general being exposed to other people’s ‘germs’ help create antibodies and for the body to get used to fighting off pathogens. I’m not saying give all kids coronavirus so they’ll be immune and I’m not saying send kids to sit with someone who has a bug so they get immunity.
My point was that kids being kept away from people and the outdoors could harm their ability to fight off pathogens in the long run cause they aren’t getting the exposure they would normally.
The science doesn’t support what you’re saying. The body doesn’t need to have any exposure to be able to fight off other illnesses in the long run. So kids being kept away from various circulating illnesses isn’t bad for them. There’s no need to be worried if someone has a baby that’s never had a cold because of lockdown/ social distancing.

The science doesn’t support what you’re saying. The body doesn’t need to have any exposure to be able to fight off other illnesses in the long run. So kids being kept away from various circulating illnesses isn’t bad for them. There’s no need to be worried if someone has a baby that’s never had a cold because of lockdown/ social distancing.
I can see what she says saying kids being exposed to germs helps them create antibodies that helps them for the future
I was in contact with Tb when I was 3 and because of they I developed my own antibodies so when I got to school and was tested for it I didn’t need the vaccine and when I became a student nurse I was again tested for the antibodies and I still had immunity

Reactions: 5
Anyone else sick of this woman?? Sorry but she’s always bleeping scaremongering, always “knows” someone who said this or that. Posts like these aren’t helpful. A friend of a friend of a fish told me...
I can't stand her!!

Reactions: 1
I can see what she says saying kids being exposed to germs helps them create antibodies that helps them for the future
I was in contact with Tb when I was 3 and because of they I developed my own antibodies so when I got to school and was tested for it I didn’t need the vaccine and when I became a student nurse I was again tested for the antibodies and I still had immunity
Sorry, perhaps I’m not explaining myself very well.

For most viruses, your body will produce antibodies that give you some level of immunity. That’s why as you described, you have life long immunity from TB. Level of immunity varies depending on the virus. Chickenpox is usually lifelong.

What I’m trying to clear up is that there is no damage being done by kids being kept away from all the usual viruses they typically come into contact with. Colds, sickness bugs, tonsillitis etc. Having these things is neither positive nor negative really - the body fights them off individually, develops antibodies then moves onto the next virus. We don’t become stronger fighters to any other virus just because we’ve fought others off before. Otherwise as we age we’d be better at fighting viruses. Kids don’t benefit from getting generalised kid illnesses unless they happen to develop life long immunity to the particularly unpleasant ones e.g. chickenpox.

Not trying to be inflammatory here - I’m trying to clarify the science so people don’t panic that their kids *need* to get poorly.

There's evidence to suggest that being exposed to germs when young helps your immune system later on.

I'm not saying that if a baby has never had a cold they're not going to develop a good immune system. I'm saying that kids in lockdown are not being exposed to germs as they normally would which helps their immune system. It's called the hygiene hypothesis. They tested Amish people who farm with their hands compared to hutterite people who use tractors and the amish had more white blood cells so where less likely to get ill and were less likely to develop allergies/asthma etc. Later scientists assessed it and said it was somewhat true but the word hygiene was the wrong word to use and that there could have been genetic factors.

I'm not saying kids need to be ill but I'm saying that exposure to everyday germs (not illness necessarily) that kids are now not having.

Whilst that is true that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was saying how normally we're in contact with a lot of germs. Not illness germs. Just germs in general and the body deal with them which in turn builds our immune system.

My wee brother is an apprentice he’s only 17 and will be going back to work soon. I’ve been saying to him for weeks you need you be prepared 😂 he will struggle getting back up in the mornings. I worked from for 2 weeks at the start and went back and it was a struggle, took me a few weeks
Any longer than two weeks off and I struggle. My body clock completly switches and I start going to bed at 3am and getting up at 9am and that suits me, can't do that now!

I'm in bed now and it will be a crap nights sleep because I don't want to sleep through my alarm that's going off in 8 hours 10 minutes 😂

There's evidence to suggest that being exposed to germs when young helps your immune system later on.

I'm not saying that if a baby has never had a cold they're not going to develop a good immune system. I'm saying that kids in lockdown are not being exposed to germs as they normally would which helps their immune system. It's called the hygiene hypothesis. They tested Amish people who farm with their hands compared to hutterite people who use tractors and the amish had more white blood cells so where less likely to get ill and were less likely to develop allergies/asthma etc. Later scientists assessed it and said it was somewhat true but the word hygiene was the wrong word to use and that there could have been genetic factors.

I'm not saying kids need to be ill but I'm saying that exposure to everyday germs (not illness necessarily) that kids are now not having.

Whilst that is true that wasn't what I was trying to say. I was saying how normally we're in contact with a lot of germs. Not illness germs. Just germs in general and the body deal with them which in turn builds our immune system.
Honestly I think we’re agreeing. The hygiene hypothesis is all building the microbiome (in the gut) and how critical that is - not exposure to childhood illnesses. Which is why I said put your kids in the mud. Let them stroke dogs. But don’t worry about them not getting a snotty nose. I’ll go back to lurking now!

Honestly I think we’re agreeing. The hygiene hypothesis is all building the microbiome (in the gut) and how critical that is - not exposure to childhood illnesses. Which is why I said put your kids in the mud. Let them stroke dogs. But don’t worry about them not getting a snotty nose. I’ll go back to lurking now!

Yes thats exactly what I meant! Kids aren't being exposed to the same level now as they would normally cause they're not with other kids in the parks or playgrounds. It's just their own house does that make sense? I didn't mean like illnesses in general just like average everyday germs that people pass around or you get from like picking flowers and all that stuff :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else sick of this woman?? Sorry but she’s always bleeping scaremongering, always “knows” someone who said this or that. Posts like these aren’t helpful. A friend of a friend of a fish told me...
I am very close to unfollowing her. I get it, I hate Boris and all Tories too, but come on woman!!

I am very close to unfollowing her. I get it, I hate Boris and all Tories too, but come on woman!!
She’s so irritating she just seems to shout into the twitter void thinking she represents THE PEOPLE. She’s just dumb. She gives me real Caitlin Moran vibes I’m sure they’re probably friends already.

My four year old talks like that when she wants something.

An actual conversation I had with her yesterday:
"Mummy, he said I can have another lolly..."
"Who?"
"HE did."
"But who is HE? J?(brother)"
"No not J. HEEEEEE!!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She's one of Sally Hughes and India knights coven on Twitter and I'm sure she played a part on bullying dawn o porter.
Usual blue ticker on twittet craving attention

Sorry if this sounds daft what's happen3r in America is just awful.
But why are we protesting in UK we can't influence American politics or trump.
I just worry about the spread of the virus

Did I miss much at news conference.
When they releasing up to date regional r rates.

They have already put up those "2m reminder" bright yellow and red signs all over my town centre (and they're proper permanent metal affairs, not temporary). I don't know why such sudden disregard for the streetscape is being tolerated, they look awful. We really don't need reminder signs everywhere, everyone knows to maintain their distances.

I don't believe that 2m was ever a scientifically derived safe distance anyway, I understand it was just made up in the same way that the "walk 10000 steps a day" is actually totally made up as well and is just an arbitrary number that sounded good and stuck?

It's certainly not being adhered to in the supermarkets, everyone just brushes past everyone once inside, and despite me working for one I've not caught it yet (yes I have been tested a couple of days ago). My store has recruited people to walk around inside with "stay 2m apart" lollipop signs now, but all the people they've put in that role are young short girls that would probably snap if someone tapped them on the shoulder ... certainly not people with any natural authority to get people to behave.

The latest scaremongering from the DM

She's one of Sally Hughes and India knights coven on Twitter and I'm sure she played a part on bullying dawn o porter.
Usual blue ticker on twittet craving attention

Sorry if this sounds daft what's happen3r in America is just awful.
But why are we protesting in UK we can't influence American politics or trump.
I just worry about the spread of the virus

Did I miss much at news conference.
When they releasing up to date regional r rates.
It’s not about influencing American politics or Trump. Racism is present within the United Kingdom as well.

Adrian McDonald- Bitten by a police dog, tasered after reports of an intruder, in a police van was complaining of breathing difficulties saying that he couldn’t breath and later died in hospital.

Daniel Adewole- He was unresponsive in his cell following on from an epileptic fit, officers waited 38 minutes from receiving no response at the door and even went for a cigarette before they entered.

Jermaine Baker- shot dead by police after an officer claimed he was acting in self defence as he feared Baker was reaching for a gun. No firearm was found and Baker died from a single gunshot wound.

That is only three incidents from within the U.K. There are over 1500. These protests are against police brutality and racism everywhere. These protests don’t make me feel uncomfortable because I know I’m privileged to not feel fear whenever I leave the house, when the police pull me over whilst driving, whenever they pass me in the street. I stand with them and will always use my voice to let them know that we are united against racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.