Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can only speak for myself but I’m not really afraid of going out, it makes me anxious because I’m worried about my kids.

But I’d be more prepared to risk it for the sake of a good cause and the chance of making some form of change. I can’t because I can’t take my kids and if I get sick I’d have nowhere for them to go but if I didn’t have that responsibility I’d be out there. It’s not entirely responsible as I know it’s not just about my health but this is a real chance of making a difference even if it’s only small.

Thing is they’ve tried tit like that. For yeeeeeaaars. It doesn’t work.
I can't see a difference in the crowds on the beaches and the crowds in London ...a crowd is a crowd🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I can't see a difference in the crowds on the beaches and the crowds in London ...a crowd is a crowd🤷‍♀️
There’s no difference but one is for the sake of going to the beach for the day and one is for the sake of taking a stand and trying to make a change.

The risk is the same but personally I’d be more willing to risk it for the latter.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There’s no difference but one is for the sake of going to the beach for the day and one is for the sake of taking a stand and trying to make a change.

The risk is the same but personally I’d be more willing to risk it for the latter.
No what I mean is people are slating and condemning the protesters but passing over the crowds at the beach ,they're both mass gatherings IMO

Reactions: 2
No what I mean is people are slating and condemning the protesters but passing over the crowds at the beach ,they're both mass gatherings IMO
Ahh I get you.

Yeah I’ve got Facebook friends who have been slating the protestors but they were out with friends on the parks before it was allowed 🙄

Reactions: 1
My daughters 18th was yesterday. We didn’t go out but she had a nice day at home. She has said tomorrow she wants to go to mcds If they open locally or KFC as a belated birthdays treat. Is it safe through the drve through though, surely it’s not 2 metres from the person at the window ? We’ve been self isolating for 10 weeks as hubby has asthma and I have some health issues (Not on high risk but I know my body is weaker) so we’ve taken extra care.

Today an important cheque has arrived that we need to bank and we have no one to ask to bank it for us. My husband has said he will be fine, he will wear a mask and go and quickly bank it, but I’m worried how safe this is also.

Isn’t it sad that it’s come to this, scared to let my family leave the house and do normal things 😢
Can't u deposit the cheque in to the cash machine outside your bank ? Then u don't have to go in branch or contact another people. Obviously sanitise after as the cash machine will have been touched a lot 🤮

In regards to someone saying about travelling to see family I get you. We have family (some elderly) 200 miles away we are desperate to see. I guess it’s going to be last because if everyone starts travelling then it’s when things get out of hand. Whilst people are somewhat segregated into their local communities it makes it kind of easier to control?

I don’t know. I just think we’ll have a while to wait sadly 😕 i get why 100% but it doesn’t make it any easier

• Heart
Reactions: 4
In regards to someone saying about travelling to see family I get you. We have family (some elderly) 200 miles away we are desperate to see. I guess it’s going to be last because if everyone starts travelling then it’s when things get out of hand. Whilst people are somewhat segregated into their local communities it makes it kind of easier to control?

I don’t know. I just think we’ll have a while to wait sadly 😕 i get why 100% but it doesn’t make it any easier
I understand the reasoning but as you say doesnt make it easier. If it was just me and my husband, we'd be fine I think. We don't see our parents that often as it is and can always chat on the phone like we would normally do. But with our daughter, it makes it a lot harder. She's a baby so doesn't understand any different but I'm sad for her that relationships for her are being maintained via a screen rather than in person. She gets so excited when the Skype or facetime sound plays so she does know what it signifies - genuinely think we might have to play them when we can meet in person so she realises who these people are!

Can't u deposit the cheque in to the cash machine outside your bank ? Then u don't have to go in branch or contact another people. Obviously sanitise after as the cash machine will have been touched a lot 🤮
I didn’t know there was such a facility outside the bank? I was told I’d either have to go into the bank or a post office?I'm with Barclays.

We are the same. Got a text this morning saying when shops open if we can take a drive down to see family 200 miles away as we usually see each other every month or so! Unfortunately, I said it'll most likely be late July/early August.

Met a couple friends and their toddlers in the park today, they were playing together normally, mine was playing from afar knowing not to touch or get too close. So proud of him for listening and remembering but I hope he isn’t effected going forward socially. He starts preschool soon so will be strange for him to be able to play with and touch others there. He says he enjoyed himself though - I hope so

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Went and sat in my Nan’s garden earlier and met my cousin and her little girl who has just turned 3. She could see the box of toys that my Nan keeps in her house through the back door and kept pointing at them. She was saying “Nans house I not allowed”. She knew she wasn’t allowed in because it wasn’t her house. I hope once the world is ‘normal’ again that she learns she’s allowed to touch and hug as quickly as she has learnt that she isn’t allowed😢

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Didn’t realise Ikea had opened! Tbh not somewhere I like going on a regular day let alone a pandemic. Must say I do kind of maybe want a little primark trip when they open in a couple of weeks 😂😶... don’t judge

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Didn’t realise Ikea had opened! Tbh not somewhere I like going on a regular day let alone a pandemic. Must say I do kind of maybe want a little primark trip when they open in a couple of week later 😂😶... don’t judge
My local Ikea had a 5 hour long wait to get in!! People turned up at 5:30 for the doors to open at 9😬😬

I definitely want a primark trip but think I’ll leave it a week or so and let everyone else get it out their system😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think it’s dying out all over, and I think that’s why so many governments are allowing people to mingle,

I don’t think it’s as serious as we’ve been lead to believe right now. 🤷‍♀️

Interesting what the Italians are now saying regarding the virus weakening.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
My local Ikea had a 5 hour long wait to get in!! People turned up at 5:30 for the doors to open at 9😬😬

I definitely want a primark trip but think I’ll leave it a week or so and let everyone else get it out their system😂
Yes I was thinking the same about not going straight away or maybe just going for the last hour might not be so busy. My nearest Primark is Brighton which is a 30 minutes bus ride so I’m hoping I’m allowed to use public transport freely by then? they haven’t really explained all this 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.