Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so angry tbh
Kicking off in a local group of mine about people not clapping. This guy is saying people are unappreciative, etc. I commented that clapping isn't the only way to show appreciation and that people like me are doing it in ways that, in my opinion, matter more, such as staying at home unless it's essential.

He decided to make a comment in response to me along the lines of "I hope you and the rest of you who don't clap don't end up with a sick child in hospital".

He can duck all the way off. I need to delete Facebook.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
I'm so angry tbh
Kicking off in a local group of mine about people not clapping. This guy is saying people are unappreciative, etc. I commented that clapping isn't the only way to show appreciation and that people like me are doing it in ways that, in my opinion, matter more, such as staying at home unless it's essential.

He decided to make a comment in response to me along the lines of "I hope you and the rest of you who don't clap don't end up with a sick child in hospital".

What on god's green earth?? How does that even correlate? I'm really starting to get pissed off with those holier than thou clappers tbh. Clapping doesn't give them the pay rise they deserve, clapping doesn't stop the shortages or the government cuts. Anyone can just stand on their sodding doorstep for 2 minutes. If they actually cared about the NHS, they would be fighting for a government who gives an actual tit about the NHS, not one that hasn't for 10 bleeping years. You know how I show my appreciation to the NHS. I stay indoors and away from people as best I can (key worker) and I don't vote Tory.

That guy clearly isn't compassionate or empathetic for the NHS if he's willing to mention a poorly child. He just wants to feel like billy big bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm so angry tbh

I’ve never clapped I’ve got a 2 year old, I don’t dare wake her up 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
I’ve never clapped I’ve got a 2 year old, I don’t dare wake her up 🤷‍♀️
Same - our front door is right under my daughter's room. She takes forever to fall asleep so we don't risk it. I fully appreciate what the NHS do but there are more ways to show this than clapping.

• Heart
What on god's green earth?? How does that even correlate? I'm really starting to get pissed off with those holier than thou clappers tbh. Clapping doesn't give them the pay rise they deserve, clapping doesn't stop the shortages or the government cuts. Anyone can just stand on their sodding doorstep for 2 minutes. If they actually cared about the NHS, they would be fighting for a government who gives an actual tit about the NHS, not one that hasn't for 10 bleeping years. You know how I show my appreciation to the NHS. I stay indoors and away from people as best I can (key worker) and I don't vote Tory.

That guy clearly isn't compassionate or empathetic for the NHS if he's willing to mention a poorly child. He just wants to feel like billy big bollocks.
He's claiming to be a frontline worker. But I feel like a frontline worker wouldn't say anything like that. I replied and said that I had in fact had a very sick child who didn't make it and he seemed to eat his words eventually when he realised that people were clearly not on his side.

I hate this whole clapping thing now. It achieves nothing and all it's doing is making people think they're better than others just because they stand on their doorsteps and put their hands together for a minute or so. I'm just over everything today. You'll see me clapping if every clap gave the NHS £1 or one item of PPE but it literally does nothing but cause a superiority complex.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
He's claiming to be a frontline worker. But I feel like a frontline worker wouldn't say anything like that. I replied and said that I had in fact had a very sick child who didn't make it and he seemed to eat his words eventually when he realised that people were clearly not on his side.

I hate this whole clapping thing now. It achieves nothing and all it's doing is making people think they're better than others just because they stand on their doorsteps and put their hands together for a minute or so. I'm just over everything today. You'll see me clapping if every clap gave the NHS £1 or one item of PPE but it literally does nothing but cause a superiority complex.
An immediate family member of mine is a front line nhs worker and he thinks the clapping is ridiculous. As you said previously, show appreciation through following guidelines to ease the pandemic or use your vote to vote in a more NHS friendly government (if possible), and support the moves for fair pay. Things tha actually HELP rather than claps. We haven’t clapped once (I’m usually putting the baby to bed) except when my husband accidentally went to get something from the car and had to clap so he wouldn’t seem like a spoil sport 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I work for the nhs on the front line. I joined in the clapping at first. Everyone on my street does it and I didnt join in tonight. I'm tired of feeling obliged to show my appreciation every week, or be judged as not caring or deserving of treatment if I dont join in. It's really getting on my nerves now. We dont do a minutes silence for remembrance every week, or repeatedly thank everyone else that does a good deed on a weekly basis.

Reactions: 18
I didn't clap tonight. Fed up of having to wait until 8pm every Thursday night before I can get in my pjs!

• Haha
I've worried every week about what my neighbours will think of me for not going out and clapping, and I've felt guilty for not doing it because of all the NHS has done for me and my family, but then I remember if I did do it, I'd literally just be doing it because I'd been guilt tripped into it. I've never gone out. I've realised I don't care what people think of that. If any of my neighbours want to take that up with me personally then they're quite welcome to but I'd have a few choice words for them, as most of my neighbours have all had multiple visitors this past week. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I'm not surprised tbh. It takes years to create a vaccine, if they are going to make one it won't be anytime soon and we'll likely be immune to it. There's still no vaccine or treatment for SARS and that started in 2003. Enough people got infected with it that it had no one else to infect cause everyone had antibodies. That's probably what will happen.
The difference with SARs too is that, it doesn't become contagious until the person is showing symptoms so it is easier to contain people. Unlike Covid19 which people can spread while asymptomatic. I watched the Coronavirus explained documentary and it learned a lot.

I've worried every week about what my neighbours will think of me for not going out and clapping, and I've felt guilty for not doing it because of all the NHS has done for me and my family, but then I remember if I did do it, I'd literally just be doing it because I'd been guilt tripped into it. I've never gone out. I've realised I don't care what people think of that. If any of my neighbours want to take that up with me personally then they're quite welcome to but I'd have a few choice words for them, as most of my neighbours have all had multiple visitors this past week. 🤷‍♀️
Surprised the clapping is still going on. Here, they salute the healthcare workers with drivebys from the police and fire department. No one has really been clapping. It hasn't taken off like it did in Europe.

Reactions: 6
The difference with SARs too is that, it doesn't become contagious until the person is showing symptoms so it is easier to contain people. Unlike Covid19 which people can spread while asymptomatic. I watched the Coronavirus explained documentary and it learned a lot.
Yeah that is true but the same thing applies, asymptomatic or not we're still eventually going to run out of people to infect. If you don't experience symptoms you're not going to, even if you're in a room with 30 infected symptom-showing people. It'll still be the same as SARS even if half of the population have no symptoms

Reactions: 4
Also, I looked into the supposed pay rise that was meant to happen in April for MPs (3.1%) and I wondered if maybe it would've been postponed, given the whole pandemic and the financial implications of it, but nope, the MPs recieved a nice pay rise in April.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I didn't clap tonight. Fed up of having to wait until 8pm every Thursday night before I can get in my pjs!
I didn't clap tonight either. First time since it started. I'm just so over it. We could be clapping until Christmas for goodness sake and then it will be cold. Too cold and definitely eating into pyjama time.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didn't clap tonight either. First time since it started. I'm just so over it. We could be clapping until Christmas for goodness sake and then it will be cold. Too cold and definitely eating into pyjama time.
right? If the virus is going to be around for such a long time then when does the clapping END?? Surely there's a point when we should realise that we've done it enough now...

Reactions: 11
I was the same. Had a white vest top and scabby pj shorts on. No way was I going upstairs to put a bra on.

I do appreciate the nhs. Delivered and looked after my babies. I'll forever be grateful.

Reactions: 6
Yeah that is true but the same thing applies, asymptomatic or not we're still eventually going to run out of people to infect. If you don't experience symptoms you're not going to, even if you're in a room with 30 infected symptom-showing people. It'll still be the same as SARS even if half of the population have no symptoms
It'll be I retesting to see how much of the public test positive on the anti body test when they are eventually rolled out...

Do you think our only hope is basically herd immunity? And that it's likely that everyone will get it at some point? Being that were going to have to go back to some sort of normality for the economy and our mental healths sake....? 😔

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.