Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We're not bothered about Boris doing the daily briefing we want Raab........oops sorry wrong thread🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Maybe Carrie is busy with the baby and she’s not feeding him properly....

really should be the job of the new mistress tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Honestly I don’t care if Boris did the briefings or not but he’s literally not showing his face at all.

I feel like we saw him more in that week before he was admitted to hospital than we have in the past two weeks...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Honestly I don’t care if Boris did the briefings or not but he’s literally not showing his face at all.

I feel like we saw him more in that week before he was admitted to hospital than we have in the past two weeks...
We definitely did. The only reasonable explanation for his absence is that he is poorly. Beforehand he was at every one (correct me if I’m wrong), and only people started standing in for him when he was sick.

I do care that he’s not there. He is the leader of our country and therefore he owes it to us, as a nation to put himself forward and inform us of what the feck is going on.

it’s inexcusable in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
according to the celeb gossip thread boris' alcoholism is getting worse and he's passed out at his desk most of the time!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
according to the celeb gossip thread boris' alcoholism is getting worse and he's passed out at his desk most of the time!
is there someone on the celebrity gossip thread who knows his best friends brothers wife’s second cousin who once shared a bottle of blue WKD with Boris behind the bike shed. 🙂

Id well believe it tbh,
new baby, new mistress, old mistress turned fiancée, duck knows how many kids he’s trying to keep track of, night feeds on top of trying to keep in contact with the new intern Sonya, no hairdressers open and a bleeping pandemic.

I could see a man turning to the sherry.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Someone I know (and trust) knows somebody who has a very senior position at John Hopkins and they spoke recently. They believe that we are unlikely to find a vaccine - they have been trying to come up with them for coronaviruses (the general group of coronaviruses not this particular strain) for decades. We do not have vaccines for SARS, MERS, even the flu vaccine does not completely protect against all strains. He believes that instead, leaps and bounds will be made in terms of treatments so that essentially the death rate will fall to next to zero. Kind of similar to AIDS - no cure but very very few in the developed world actually ever die from it. Makes total sense to me and I actually would prefer that was the case vs a vaccine which would be new and have unknown consequences long term.
Obviously I won’t name names but this is someone I work with, well connected, absolutely not a gossip. I’ve pretty much stayed away from this thread for my own sanity for weeks but thought this was interesting and weirdly reassuring.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
No thats not because of Alcohol thats because hes been up all night reading the 'Downing street men' threads. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We definitely did. The only reasonable explanation for his absence is that he is poorly. Beforehand he was at every one (correct me if I’m wrong), and only people started standing in for him when he was sick.

I do care that he’s not there. He is the leader of our country and therefore he owes it to us, as a nation to put himself forward and inform us of what the feck is going on.

it’s inexcusable in my opinion.
Oh I do think he should be there or at least showing his face daily in some way. It is totally inexcusable that he’s giving nothing to the country.
It’s just odd. It’s not like he’s been this absent from the beginning? I understand he was unwell but he appears to be doing much better now so he can’t continue to use that as an excuse.

—-

🙄🙄
If you have concerns about being in a room of adults then how can you happily say it’s safe to send children back to school?

ETA: AND will say that other people can return to work?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Someone I know (and trust) knows somebody who has a very senior position at John Hopkins and they spoke recently. They believe that we are unlikely to find a vaccine - they have been trying to come up with them for coronaviruses (the general group of coronaviruses not this particular strain) for decades. We do not have vaccines for SARS, MERS, even the flu vaccine does not completely protect against all strains. He believes that instead, leaps and bounds will be made in terms of treatments so that essentially the death rate will fall to next to zero. Kind of similar to AIDS - no cure but very very few in the developed world actually ever die from it. Makes total sense to me and I actually would prefer that was the case vs a vaccine which would be new and have unknown consequences long term.
Obviously I won’t name names but this is someone I work with, well connected, absolutely not a gossip. I’ve pretty much stayed away from this thread for my own sanity for weeks but thought this was interesting and weirdly reassuring.
I'm not surprised tbh. It takes years to create a vaccine, if they are going to make one it won't be anytime soon and we'll likely be immune to it. There's still no vaccine or treatment for SARS and that started in 2003. Enough people got infected with it that it had no one else to infect cause everyone had antibodies. That's probably what will happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.