Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wish I lived that close to one, what do you do if you need to go to the loo though? Is anywhere open? I’d be too worried to use a public toilet at the moment anyway 😬
There's a big ocean there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What has her job title got to do with it? Would you say the same if she was a copper? Or drove a bin wagon?
Because she said she couldn’t be arsed to do work at home today, I said she was a teacher on here because she was supposed to be working at home today alright. I’m pretty sure Bin men and coppers have days off

There's a big ocean there 😂
Freezing wee!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think I’ve come venting a few times on this thread about my partner not qualifying for furlough and I’m on stat maternity pay so it’s been a worrying time. We were told last week that he would be back in August so I worked all our money out to the last penny.
Anyway, for anybody who cares, he is officially back as from tomorrow! Such a relief.
I can afford extra cocktails on our would have been wedding day next week now ;)

Deaths have gone down compared to last week again too. Let’s keep this trend going 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 22
For the first time in a while I’m feeling really crap. I’ve barely ventured out with my children, only the odd walk around our neighbourhood. Today they asked to go on a bike ride so I took them out. I’ve really tried to encourage the children to stay with me and to not get too close to others (but I haven’t gone into too much detail about the virus for fear of scaring them long term... perhaps I’m wrong here). Anyway, both kids are on their bikes and was gradually getting closer to a lady on a walk. I told them to wait and let the lady go past (which they did! Whilst keeping two meters at least apart). Well, this lady went absolutely mental at us, throwing her hands up at us. And to be honest, I get why she panicked but its made me afraid to go back out. Maybe I should tell them more, at the minute they think there’s a germ about and we need to wait until it disappears. I suppose I’m worried if I tell them too much then they will be scared in months/years to come. They are only 3 and 4. Just feel really crap about it really - sorry about the ramble x

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
The number of people in hospital is below 10k for the first time since March! Good signs🤩

Reactions: 11
I’m so annoyed with myself. My husband and I had so many discussions about whether to send our son to school on June 1st. We spoke to our son about it too and eventually all agreed he would go (my son is desperate to go back even though we were very frank with him with regards to what it will be like). We’re both secondary teachers so wanted him to go back whilst we’re still around to support him if there are any problems etc.
Anyway, turns out my email didn’t get to them until an hour and a half after the midday deadline so he can’t now go back. I feel so useless 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
For the first time in a while I’m feeling really crap. I’ve barely ventured out with my children, only the odd walk around our neighbourhood. Today they asked to go on a bike ride so I took them out. I’ve really tried to encourage the children to stay with me and to not get too close to others (but I haven’t gone into too much detail about the virus for fear of scaring them long term... perhaps I’m wrong here). Anyway, both kids are on their bikes and was gradually getting closer to a lady on a walk. I told them to wait and let the lady go past (which they did! Whilst keeping two meters at least apart). Well, this lady went absolutely mental at us, throwing her hands up at us. And to be honest, I get why she panicked but its made me afraid to go back out. Maybe I should tell them more, at the minute they think there’s a germ about and we need to wait until it disappears. I suppose I’m worried if I tell them too much then they will be scared in months/years to come. They are only 3 and 4. Just feel really crap about it really - sorry about the ramble x
Don’t be afraid to go back out, I’m sorry this woman made you feel like that. Hope your kids are ok and she didn’t scare them. Most people are ok and that’s what you need to remember 💕

Reactions: 4
See at the beginning of all this, I was a total anti rule breaker. And now I can feel myself being like oh bleeping (sorry) hell whatever, things aren’t black and white and if people want to sit in their friends and families gardens then fine 😂 because there really is an emotional cost to all of this. I still wouldn’t be comfortable having a picnic with family or going into their house, but I wouldn’t have a fit if my mum came to my garden. Does anyone else feel like this?

No way! Omg this site always ruins my fave people 😭😂
I'm the same. Our neighbours were letting their kids play on the front we live in a cu de sac.

At first I was disgusted. Tutting and looking at them like they was a piece of tit. Now my daughters scooting about on the front.

They play no way near each other, just do their own thing. But she absolutely loves it. Them couple of hours are the highlight of her day.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Don’t let one nutter put you off getting out. I think some people take it too far with their reactions. There’s no need to flip out, all they had to do was speak to you and the children calmly without losing their tit. It’s not hard to be civil, some people love a scene x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

To be brutual I think that woman was a bit of an asshole. Your kids are 3 and 4 on bikes! They're so little and they don't have much control over their little bodies at that age, they may not have even realised they were getting that close to her. They are babies and she should have more understanding quite frankly. Kids come into where I work all the time I don't ever make a fuss if they come near me cause at the end of the day this is a weird period for them as well and they don't grasp the situation and risk like we do. If they were 11 and 12 maybe I could understand her frustration.

Don't be put off by her. Some people are just bored and just finding reasons to kick off ❤

Is it true that other parts of the UK, Wales and parts of Northern England for example, are only just peaking? I read some parts of the UK are only just hitting their peak now.
It’s not a clear picture at all, partly politically driven labour areas, and also the majority of the areas highlighted as having higher rates have regional testing centres and a higher rates of testing than other parts of the country.

I’m so annoyed with myself. My husband and I had so many discussions about whether to send our son to school on June 1st. We spoke to our son about it too and eventually all agreed he would go (my son is desperate to go back even though we were very frank with him with regards to what it will be like). We’re both secondary teachers so wanted him to go back whilst we’re still around to support him if there are any problems etc.
Anyway, turns out my email didn’t get to them until an hour and a half after the midday deadline so he can’t now go back. I feel so useless 😞
Surely you’re both keyworkers so you’ll get a place regardless?

Some people need to think before they act ,especially around kids IMO .Someone a few threads back said that someone verbally abused their niece for getting too close, and the child was afraid to go out again.It is hard to know what to tell them without worrying them,there's a booklet our school have recommended..Coronavirus: A Book For Children-Alex Scheffler ..maybe that would explain things in a way they would understand without making them feel afraid.xx

Reactions: 5
Today is probably the worst I’ve felt this entire time. I’m so fed up, I miss my family and knowing that I’m very quickly running out of annual leave because I’m using it on days where I have no childcare is making me feel worse. I’ll have no down time until April 2021. 🖕🏼🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Give them a call first thing, explain.

I’m sure they have a huge number not going back so can squeeze him in.

Don’t worry, it’s a stressful time. I’m sure they will be understanding. 💗

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I wouldn't tell them anymore. My daughter is 5 and I've told her weve got to stay in so we dont spread the germs. That's it, nothing else.
If you see her again just run her over with your bike. People are dick heads. If I saw some little kids on their bikes I'd move out the way.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A local restaurant has just announced they’re closed for good. Such a shame, my family loved it there. Probably the first of many😢 family run restaurant which makes it worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
So, I don’t know whether I can claim baby brain when the baby is now 1, but I have just checked and I didn’t miss the deadline at all... I was actually a day early 🤷‍♀️ I’ve forwarded them my email from yesterday so I’ll see what they say tomorrow 🙄
Maybe it’s a sign?!

Surely you’re both keyworkers so you’ll get a place regardless?
We’re secondary so are mainly working from home

• Heart
So, I don’t know whether I can claim baby brain when the baby is now 1, but I have just checked and I didn’t miss the deadline at all... I was actually a day early 🤷‍♀️ I’ve forwarded them my email from yesterday so I’ll see what they say tomorrow 🙄
Maybe it’s a sign?!

We’re secondary so are mainly working from home
I thought the policy was now that key workers should be sending their kids back to school anyway?

The ice cream van keeps coming down our street and I keep saying no to my son’s requests for one. However we’ve had takeaways, which makes me think I’m being a bit naive. I can’t see the food being made, I don’t have to physically take it off them so kind of out of sight out of mind?!
Whereas with the ice cream van I assume I’d be passing over cash and taking it from their hands.
Am I being daft?!
Most places here aren't accepting cash as the virus can live on it, they're taking card only. I wouldn't get one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.