Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Valencia. I was supposed to be going to FIB Benicassim festival which was only cancelled 2 days ago!! We were due to fly on 13th July so I wa surprised to see the flight already cancelled

Got to make them useful somehow
Ah Beni is amazing!! We went a few years back, would love to go again.
I suppose if Spain extend their state of emergency there’s no way of flying. I thought it would be mid July though.

Unpopular opinion alert.
send the kids back to school.

I had to drop off some packages to a couple of house’s earlier, two separate roads, both are communities with pretty young families.
(Just so nobody gets triggered, it was just some class A drugs, and I observed good social distancing practice 😐)

the amount of kids out playing together was insane,
there were a few different groups of about 10 to 15 kids (all between 6 and 12 years old probably) just hanging around.

send them back to school 😐 makes no difference when they’re all hanging around together anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ah Beni is amazing!! We went a few years back, would love to go again.
I suppose if Spain extend their state of emergency there’s no way of flying. I thought it would be mid July though.
I’m gutted but definitely hoping to go another year instead! We were planning to have a few chill days in Valencia both sides of the festival too so we have 3 different hotels to try and get money back from😂

Unpopular opinion alert.
send the kids back to school.

I had to drop off some packages to a couple of house’s earlier, two separate roads, both are communities with pretty young families.

the amount of kids out playing together was insane,
there were a few different groups of about 10 to 15 kids (all between 6 and 12 years old probably) just hanging around.

send them back to school 😐 makes no difference when they’re all hanging around together anyway.
Well you could be right ,they're out here aswell ,I live facing a playpark but the only thing is it's literally all kids from the immediate area if they're at school it widens that area .. 🤷‍♀️

For the first time in a while I’m feeling really crap. I’ve barely ventured out with my children, only the odd walk around our neighbourhood. Today they asked to go on a bike ride so I took them out. I’ve really tried to encourage the children to stay with me and to not get too close to others (but I haven’t gone into too much detail about the virus for fear of scaring them long term... perhaps I’m wrong here). Anyway, both kids are on their bikes and was gradually getting closer to a lady on a walk. I told them to wait and let the lady go past (which they did! Whilst keeping two meters at least apart). Well, this lady went absolutely mental at us, throwing her hands up at us. And to be honest, I get why she panicked but its made me afraid to go back out. Maybe I should tell them more, at the minute they think there’s a germ about and we need to wait until it disappears. I suppose I’m worried if I tell them too much then they will be scared in months/years to come. They are only 3 and 4. Just feel really crap about it really - sorry about the ramble x
I hope it wont put you off going out.
Your children are very small and its quite difficult to explain why we need to keep away from others without scaring them.
They did nothing wrong - the lady massively over reacted.
If im out walking and i see a family with small children i will make the move first to cross the road , move onto a drive so they can continue their walk / ride safely without having to navigate road crossing as well. its easier for me as an adult and just common courtesy in my opinion!

Reactions: 9
Well you could be right ,they're out here aswell ,I live facing a playpark but the only thing is it's literally all kids from the immediate area if they're at school it widens that area .. 🤷‍♀️
March to September is far to long a summer holiday.
if we’re to get a second wave in September/October they need to go back now when in theory the virus is “manageable“ 😐

I feel like everyone is just ignoring any kind of restrictions now and it’s all become “duck it”

Reactions: 8
March to September is far to long a summer holiday.
if were to get a second wave in September/October they need to go back now when in theory the virus is “manageable“ 😐
I agree if it's going to be a seasonal thing ..but going by people's behaviour will we get that far before a tightening of the restrictions again .People are being too careless too soon.

Reactions: 2
For the first time in a while I’m feeling really crap. I’ve barely ventured out with my children, only the odd walk around our neighbourhood. Today they asked to go on a bike ride so I took them out. I’ve really tried to encourage the children to stay with me and to not get too close to others (but I haven’t gone into too much detail about the virus for fear of scaring them long term... perhaps I’m wrong here). Anyway, both kids are on their bikes and was gradually getting closer to a lady on a walk. I told them to wait and let the lady go past (which they did! Whilst keeping two meters at least apart). Well, this lady went absolutely mental at us, throwing her hands up at us. And to be honest, I get why she panicked but its made me afraid to go back out. Maybe I should tell them more, at the minute they think there’s a germ about and we need to wait until it disappears. I suppose I’m worried if I tell them too much then they will be scared in months/years to come. They are only 3 and 4. Just feel really crap about it really - sorry about the ramble x
From what you’ve said, you and your kids didn’t do anything wrong- you told them to wait, they did. They are 3 and 4, you can only tell them so much else they won’t understand. She sounds totally unreasonable! My sister said my nephew got shouted at when we were in full lockdown when they went out for a walk by a woman who said he was getting too close, but he did nothing wrong.
some people are just so rude🤬 I’m sorry that happened to you.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The weather is tit here, more rain and a little cold. Hopefully that will keep people indoors. The past few days, it has been very obvious that people's kids are all playing together and not distanced.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.