Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See at the beginning of all this, I was a total anti rule breaker. And now I can feel myself being like oh bleeping (sorry) hell whatever, things aren’t black and white and if people want to sit in their friends and families gardens then fine 😂 because there really is an emotional cost to all of this. I still wouldn’t be comfortable having a picnic with family or going into their house, but I wouldn’t have a fit if my mum came to my garden. Does anyone else feel like this?

No way! Omg this site always ruins my fave people 😭😂
All hail the Ramsey fan🖖😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Our ice cream mans just been round too ... the queue was down the street! Didn’t see him change his gloves or take any sort of orders!

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Thanks for your replies. I might send the other half out to go and investigate when it’s next here 👀 if we decide to get one it’ll be the best damn ice cream I’ve ever tasted 😂

Thanks for your replies. I might send the other half out to go and investigate when it’s next here 👀 if we decide to get one it’ll be the best damn ice cream I’ve ever tasted 😂
I’ve just remembered we have mini milks in the freezer.... haven’t seen highly nor hare of a ice cream man around here!

Reactions: 2
Breaking the rules tonight and going for a very short walk along the greenbelt next to our house. I've done 10 weeks of shielding today and had a bit of a breakdown earlier. Decided I need to do this for my sanity. If covid 19 doesn't kill me then isolation will.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
*Ice cream van tune playing*
"Mum can I have an ice cream"
"NO. The are choc ices in the freezer"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Breaking the rules tonight and going for a very short walk along the greenbelt next to our house. I've done 10 weeks of shielding today and had a bit of a breakdown earlier. Decided I need to do this for my sanity. If covid 19 doesn't kill me then isolation will.
Go for it. I’ve come to the conclusion if corona doesn’t get me walking in the road certainly will 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Think lockdown has been cancelled where I am, my friend who’s a teacher is spending the day at the beach with members of family who don’t live with her and one of them is a bad asthmatic. They’ve put photos up on Facebook 🤦‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Seems like all our ice cream vans are coordinated today😂😂 I had one the other day from him. He changed his gloves in front of me, put the ice creams in the stand and stepped back (or to the side towards the seats) whilst I picked it up. Contactless payment only and the reader was stuck on the outside of the machine. He had a plastic screen too with a hole only big enough to fit the icecreams through. I was pretty happy with how it was being done :)

Reactions: 7
I am at the beach, 25mins drive from our house and we normally go once a week in warm weather and we haven't been since February (and that was obvs a cold windy walk!)

It's busy (carpark full at 4pm) and I may be in a mail online article tomorrow, but I have to say everyone distancing really well as there is plenty of room.

Attachments

• Heart
Seems like all our ice cream vans are coordinated today😂😂 I had one the other day from him. He changed his gloves in front of me, put the ice creams in the stand and stepped back (or to the side towards the seats) whilst I picked it up. Contactless payment only and the reader was stuck on the outside of the machine. He had a plastic screen too with a hole only big enough to fit the icecreams through. I was pretty happy with how it was being done :)
That reassures me, thank you. Hopefully ours will have taken measures too!

I graduated in July 2020. If I was due to start uni this year I would 100% be deferring. Even now, freshers week was the one week that stands out as the highlight of my uni experience. I couldn’t imagine starting a new uni, knowing nobody and not having those opportunities to meet people. If lectures are cancelled then all social events will be to which is part of what you pay for.

Uni students have been completely forgotten by the government though all of this. No doubt they’ll be paying full fees still despite not getting the full experience and teaching.
I'm about to finish my second year and with this and the literaly 6 weeks of strikes we've had throughout the year (obviously I know they probably wouldn't have gone on strike if they knew this was going to happen) I feel like I've had all of about £50 worth of education. My lecturers reply to my emails really arsey as well and I think "you know what I've paid £9000 for duck all the least you can do it reply to my sodding email!!"

is anyone watching This Morning?? I cannot believe they have a hairdresser on who hasn't stopped working, seems so reckless for them to be showing this
There's a barber near me who's been doing it on the sly apparently but charging twice as much. I was tempted to report him when I was told

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I am at the beach, 25mins drive from our house and we normally go once a week in warm weather and we haven't been since February (and that was obvs a cold windy walk!)

It's busy (carpark full at 4pm) and I may be in a mail online article tomorrow, but I have to say everyone distancing really well as there is plenty of room.
Wish I lived that close to one, what do you do if you need to go to the loo though? Is anywhere open? I’d be too worried to use a public toilet at the moment anyway 😬

Reactions: 3
We've had an ice cream man working all through lockdown doing contactless delivery through a local delivery app.

It's been bloody brilliant. Proper Mr Whippy ice cream.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sooo angry today ! Was out for a walk with my kids there was a couple sat and a man on his own . The couple were saying that they think they had it back in February but no test but there convinced after coming back from a holiday abroad.. the man asked if they were better and they said yes after being I'll with it for 5 weeks . Then man then said that he had it also from travelling abroad however unlike the couple this man is still ill with it ..... well why are you out and about 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Wish I lived that close to one, what do you do if you need to go to the loo though? Is anywhere open? I’d be too worried to use a public toilet at the moment anyway 😬
The loos are open, when we got here the queue was massive. We are only staying a couple of hours so hoping I can hold it in 😬😬 If I had to go (or little ones too) then I will just ensure proper washing then hand sanitizer.

Reactions: 2
why are unis staying shut ? Do they know something the rest of us dont? I mean they want little children to go back to school in just over a week but adults that could socially distance perfectly are being told their uni courses will solely be online based and they have to pay thousands of tuition fees still? 🤔
I can only speak for mine but there is no way they could distance with the amount of students they have. There's at least a 100 of us in a lecture theatre and my course is one of the smallest. My uni is like converted houses so it's small corridors and small rooms that's just for my department but it'd be impossible to keep everyone away from each other and the place clean.

The ice cream van keeps coming down our street and I keep saying no to my son’s requests for one. However we’ve had takeaways, which makes me think I’m being a bit naive. I can’t see the food being made, I don’t have to physically take it off them so kind of out of sight out of mind?!
Whereas with the ice cream van I assume I’d be passing over cash and taking it from their hands.
Am I being daft?!

I don't allow my kids icecream from the van as about 4 years ago I watched a child lick his icecream then say he wanted sprinkles, the icecream man then dipped it in the sprinkles covered in the boys germs 🤮 I would however buy a lolly or ice cream in the packet.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Think lockdown has been cancelled where I am, my friend who’s a teacher is spending the day at the beach with members of family who don’t live with her and one of them is a bad asthmatic. They’ve put photos up on Facebook 🤦‍♀️
What has her job title got to do with it? Would you say the same if she was a copper? Or drove a bin wagon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.