Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone, this may be an odd/inappropriate thing to post on this thread, but I genuinely don't know where else to ask.

I'm self-isolating with my boyfriend, but we're having issues and I have mental health issues (GP diagnosed) which I need emotional support for. I feel like my mental health is being adversely affected/effected (my spelling is terrible lol sorry) by my environment and rang my mum to talk. She was super concerned with me and asked if i wanted to come home for a few days - can I?

I'm asking here because I want sincere answers and because you guys don't know me I feel like you'll be comfortable just telling me straight up yes/no. If you think that would be a wrong thing to do then just tell me, though respectfully please. I'm struggling, but will understand and try my best to persevere if it would be better for me to stay. Thank you for the advice in advance - I hope everyone is staying safe and that your spirits are up.

*edit - I know no one here is from govt or anything but, let's be real, even they don't seem qualified to be giving advice rn lmao*
I see you have had some replies already but I’m sure a couple of weeks ago the government said something along the lines of that people were allowed to go to another household if they needed some time away from a situation at home.
I can’t recall how the government worded it so my searches haven’t brought up anything.

Can anyone else remember this or how it was worded? I’m sure I didn’t dream it!

If so, I’m sure you’d be covered under those guidelines. Could anyone help me with my this please?

Edit: looks like others have since replied that it is if you got into an argument and needed a safe place.
If you aren’t getting on, then I would say that it would come under those guidelines.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey everyone, this may be an odd/inappropriate thing to post on this thread, but I genuinely don't know where else to ask.

I'm self-isolating with my boyfriend, but we're having issues and I have mental health issues (GP diagnosed) which I need emotional support for. I feel like my mental health is being adversely affected/effected (my spelling is terrible lol sorry) by my environment and rang my mum to talk. She was super concerned with me and asked if i wanted to come home for a few days - can I?

I'm asking here because I want sincere answers and because you guys don't know me I feel like you'll be comfortable just telling me straight up yes/no. If you think that would be a wrong thing to do then just tell me, though respectfully please. I'm struggling, but will understand and try my best to persevere if it would be better for me to stay. Thank you for the advice in advance - I hope everyone is staying safe and that your spirits are up.

*edit - I know no one here is from govt or anything but, let's be real, even they don't seem qualified to be giving advice rn lmao*
I’m so sorry. It must be so tough to be stuck with someone you’re not happy with. Are you allowed to go to your mums? No. Should you? If it’s what you need ❤

I’ve known several people move because they’ve decided their mental health is the most important thing and since they’ve been isolating they’re happy the risks have been low.

My dads asking me to go home every few days but doesn’t understand that going back to my childhood bedroom would make me feel worse than being alone surrounded by my own things. He’s so worried and truthfully he probably needs it more than I do ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I wonder if many children Or staff who’ve been going in during lockdown have contracted the virus. I haven’t heard much on that so perhaps whatever measures they’ve taken in the schools must work and hopefully they will use that model for those first going back.
My son’s school have had six children in during lockdown out of a possible 200. Even with just R, Y1 and Y6 in, that would be 90 children (if they all attended)- a vast increase on 6.

Reactions: 4
There's me over analysing it too ..thinking it's because the Scots and Irish have fire in the blood 😂 and a mutual understanding...
I’ve just read through my last few posts and wtf. Why do I sound like I’m 50? There’a nothing wrong with being 50. But I just turned 25 yesterday 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've loved this thread today. Really made me laugh. I'm so nervous tomorrow as my hubby is off to work for the first time so it's helped take my mind off it all. I want some more pictures for tomorrow though!!

Reactions: 8

Doesn’t matter what the “rules” are. Mental health is as important as physical. Go to your mum as soon as you can. Staying safe and saving lives isn’t just about coronavirus.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.