Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #31

Are you nervous about tonight’s update from Boris Johnson?

• Yes.

Votes: 187 42.5%
  • No.

Votes: 73 16.6%
  • No I’ll continue isolating anyway

Votes: 145 33.0%
  • No. I’ll continue trying to get back to normal now

Votes: 35 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As always....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads coronavirus)

Reactions: 4
I just want to start off by saying ‘Happy 60th Birthday Bono’ (immediately thought of this thread when I heard)

Secondly, the day is finally here. Feeling very squeaky bum for 7pm 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hoping someone can help, or at least tell me I’m not mad...

I’m in Northern Ireland, lockdown here was extended by another 3 weeks on Thursday. Boris is giving an announcement tonight which will eases some of the lockdown rules.

Will we still be on lockdown for 3 weeks, just with relaxed rules?

I’m so confused... Boris seems to be speaking for England, but no-one is saying that!

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else freak themselves out that life will NEVER go back to normal, or that it’s going to be years that we have to live like this? All the things id normally look forward to like holidays, festivals, nights out etc are going to be the very last things to come back. Even going to the gym and visiting family members seems like a lifetime away. There was so much more I wanted to do before I settled down and now I’m feeling like that option has been taken away from me :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Hoping someone can help, or at least tell me I’m not mad...

I’m in Northern Ireland, lockdown here was extended by another 3 weeks on Thursday. Boris is giving an announcement tonight which will eases some of the lockdown rules.

Will we still be on lockdown for 3 weeks, just with relaxed rules?

I’m so confused... Boris seems to be speaking for England, but no-one is saying that!
NI and Scotland have devolution over policing powers etc so they can make their own rules. Arlene has already said 3 more weeks, but more details will follow so presumably leaving it open to change after today. However it isn't a given that Boris will ease things immediately and I think anyone expecting that will be disappointed.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else freak themselves out that life will NEVER go back to normal, or that it’s going to be years that we have to live like this? All the things id normally look forward to like holidays, festivals, nights out etc are going to be the very last things to come back. Even going to the gym and visiting family members seems like a lifetime away. There was so much more I wanted to do before I settled down and now I’m feeling like that option has been taken away from me :cry:
Yes I really feel the same way. I feel really worried about how long life might be restricted for and just how difficult it might be. I’m trying to focus on the simple pleasures but I feel like we’ll all miss out on so much. And I do worry a bit that this will never go away. I don’t think that’s the case but it’s crossed my mind more than once

Reactions: 5
Hurry up 7pm. Will Boris be sensible and do the right thing or will the papers be right and he's going to duck us all up more than he already has? Just want to know what's happening now

Reactions: 3
Please can anyone clarify, and apologies if this is me being stupid, but in ROI exit plan that's been posted, when are those Cocooning allowed out of their house?

Hurry up 7pm. Will Boris be sensible and do the right thing or will the papers be right and he's going to duck us all up more than he already has? Just want to know what's happening now
I wouldn't count on Boris being sensible 🤣

Reactions: 2
I work for a Garden Centre and was furloughed when lockdown started. Obviously it’s all over the news that they are being allowed to reopen on Wednesday! We’ve had no communication from our employer, are we suddenly going to be expected to start back on Wednesday? Surely we should have more notice to return? My anxiety is through the roof right now, it’s just such a bad idea, they’ve been doing deliveries and click and collect, fingers crossed they decide to carry on like that... but I doubt it! ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Call me optimistic but I’ve got a feeling Boris won’t be as careless with today’s announcement as the media are insinuating. Maybe wishful thinking on my part 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 20
I think no matter what Boris announces later I’ll still be cautious and stay in as much as I can. My work is from home for the rest of this year according to my bosses so aside from school I can keep my distance as best I can. I hope a slight relaxing on visiting my mum and boyfriend though. I can cope with no restaurants, salons, pubs and cinemas for a while. Hoping I can move our holiday in July to next year if possible, it’s only a UK based one but I’d still be nervous to travel by then I think.

Reactions: 17
I've just read something online about lots of deaths being treated as covid. Apparently the govt made a law that says dead bodies don't need a post mortem they can just be listed as covid. Does anybody know anything about this? A relative of mine is an undertaker and has had non covid deaths during this time... So can't be happening everywhere...

Attachments

Reactions: 1
The thought of shops being able to open “if it’s safe” as reported in the BBC is quite scary. I live near one of the biggest designer outlets and it’s always packed and the shops are tiny units. I worked at Nike there when I was home from university and there is no way that social distancing could happen. But I don’t think many shops would be saying it’s unsafe, they want their jobs and money just as much as the next person.
The shops are also so close together there and there’s so many of them that I don’t know how people could queue outside without blocking other shops or pavements.

Reactions: 7
I feel exactly the same. Tbh we’re just existing right now, getting by which is fine, but it’s not maintainable long term. It’s causing me a lot of stress and I’m not a worrier/anxious person normally so I really feel for the people who are as god knows how there coping 😭

Reactions: 9
I've just read something online about lots of deaths being treated as covid. Apparently the govt made a law that says dead bodies don't need a post mortem they can just be listed as covid. Does anybody know anything about this? A relative of mine is an undertaker and has had non covid deaths during this time... So can't be happening everywhere...
None of those screenshots look like they have any legit information. Sorry but they sound like the ramblings of morons. “I spoke to a guy who said they are paying and forcing doctors to sign all deaths as covid”
“My friends cousin was kicked in the head by a horse and her death was listed as covid!!!!” I mean wtf are these people on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.