Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've loved this thread today. Really made me laugh. I'm so nervous tomorrow as my hubby is off to work for the first time so it's helped take my mind off it all. I want some more pictures for tomorrow though!!
Please try not to worry. I know it’s easier said than done. My boyfriend has still been working during this. As soon as he comes in, I disinfect his phone, keys and bank card. We put his clothes in a pillowcase (so they don’t touch the outside of the washing machine or sit on the floor), then we both wash our hands. I then turn the machine on and he goes for a shower. It seems a bit over the top, but we have got used to it now and it’s our new wee routine and we usually have a giggle as we do it. Hope you and your husband are okay ❤

Reactions: 10
Hey everyone, this may be an odd/inappropriate thing to post on this thread, but I genuinely don't know where else to ask.

I'm self-isolating with my boyfriend, but we're having issues and I have mental health issues (GP diagnosed) which I need emotional support for. I feel like my mental health is being adversely affected/effected (my spelling is terrible lol sorry) by my environment and rang my mum to talk. She was super concerned with me and asked if i wanted to come home for a few days - can I?

I'm asking here because I want sincere answers and because you guys don't know me I feel like you'll be comfortable just telling me straight up yes/no. If you think that would be a wrong thing to do then just tell me, though respectfully please. I'm struggling, but will understand and try my best to persevere if it would be better for me to stay. Thank you for the advice in advance - I hope everyone is staying safe and that your spirits are up.

*edit - I know no one here is from govt or anything but, let's be real, even they don't seem qualified to be giving advice rn lmao*
You are allowed to leave. I think they worded it as a cooling off period. If you do go I think the guidelines were that you could go and stay somewhere as long as it’s for a minimum of 7 days. Go and spend a week or so with your mum and look after yourself x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've loved this thread today. Really made me laugh. I'm so nervous tomorrow as my hubby is off to work for the first time so it's helped take my mind off it all. I want some more pictures for tomorrow though!!
It is tomorrow have a plane ride on me ;)
96359741_2908372255946555_6561831235029565440_n.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve just read through my last few posts and wtf. Why do I sound like I’m 50? There’a nothing wrong with being 50. But I just turned 25 yesterday 😂😂
Happy Belated Birthday! Im turning 25 on saturday 😭😭😭😭😭 i feel like im 50 though 😂

Just been woken by the news that my goddaughter, who's 8 years old, has tonight been rushed from Royal Free Hospital to Great Ormond St and is on a ventilator after testing positive for COVID on Friday.
She has no known medical issues and is fit and healthy.
She's been fairly stable over the weekend but has deteriorated tonight.
Her Mum (my best friend) is absolutely beside herself and is also in hospital after showing symptoms.

Kids CAN get it.
They're not immune.
Please please please think before flouting rules. Everyone misses their families, but you'll miss them more if they're 6ft under.
❤

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I wonder if many children Or staff who’ve been going in during lockdown have contracted the virus. I haven’t heard much on that so perhaps whatever measures they’ve taken in the schools must work and hopefully they will use that model for those first going back.
Theres only been 3 kids in the Y4 I go in to. Sometimes even 1. Never consistent and always changing. Started with 10 kids at the start of lockdown and now has dwindled.

Reactions: 1
Just been woken by the news that my goddaughter, who's 8 years old, has tonight been rushed from Royal Free Hospital to Great Ormond St and is on a ventilator after testing positive for COVID on Friday.
Her Mum (my best friend) is absolutely beside herself and is also in hospital after showing symptoms.

Kids CAN get it.
They're not immune.
Please please please think before flouting rules. Everyone misses their families, but you'll miss them more if they're 6ft under.
❤
OMG ! so sorry to hear this x That's why I think these measures need to stay for a while longer.. I hope they both make a full recovery❤

Reactions: 13
I agree but sadly not the case, our nursery has been open to key workers children and no ppe is provided so unlikely they will start now
That’s terrible and shouldn’t have been allowed. I work in a care home, we have PPE now but had to beg for it. We had suspected cases within the unit and they were still reluctant to give us masks. We had residents walking around spitting all over the place and going in and out of each other’s rooms (it’s a dementia unit, not their fault) and had nothing but an apron and gloves for the best part.

Kids CAN get it.
They're not immune.
❤
I’m so sorry to hear that, that’s so scary. I hope she makes a full recovery x❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Kids CAN get it.
They're not immune.
❤
Dreadful news. Wishing your friend and her daughter a very speedy recovery x

I don’t but how come loads of shops are going to open again next week such as IKEA etc, they’re no way essential and will cause massive queues like B&Q has. These shops must already be speaking to the government to announce they’re opening when they’ve been told they can’t!
IKEA have out a statement after too many people posted about them re opening, saying it is NOT true .. they have no idea yet when they will re open.

Reactions: 6
Got up earlier so I can watch piers this morning.

There’s a sentence I never thought I would say 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
IKEA have out a statement after too many people posted about them re opening, saying it is NOT true .. they have no idea yet when they will re open.
Well, they need to tell their own staff that then, as my sister knows absolutely nothing other than what her store manager has said to her before the brief - he hasn’t responded to anyone since that. People are due to go in today in her store!

Well, they need to tell their own staff that then, as my sister knows absolutely nothing other than what her store manager has said to her before the brief - he hasn’t responded to anyone since that. People are due to go in today in her store!
Didn’t he say the new measures are from Wednesday anyway? They really ought to be making it clear. My husband had a message saying they’re still working from home and not to go to work unless it’s been agreed

Kids CAN get it.
They're not immune.
❤
This is awful sending you lots of love😘 Shes in the best hands at GOSH though theyre incredible there❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Kids CAN get it.
They're not immune.
❤
So sorry to hear that, hope they both make a speedy recovery 💕

Reactions: 2

Kids CAN get it.
They're not immune.
❤
Awful news. I’m so sorry. Hope they both make a speedy recovery. This makes me even more nervous about potentially kids partially going back in three weeks time.

So last nights message only comes into play on Wednesday but this mornings buses and trains are full 🤦🏻‍♀️ Well done Boris.

Rabb has now said you can meet friends and family outside at a 2 meter distance. I think this is going to turn into a complete free for all within a few days and we’ll be up a over R1 soon.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Thought I'd give you a little giggle to start the week off. Last week I said my Dad has been in intensive care for a month and I was hoping to go and wave at him soon.

Well me and mum went yesterday, which was incredible 💕 But they'd moved the beds round since last week when mum went alone (to give the patients a slightly different view). So we initially stood waving, blowing kisses and making heart shapes with our hands to the wrong patient 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I keep thinking about why reception and Year 1, i can fully understand year 6, the transition to secondary for many is a big step. But why 4, 5 and 6 year olds.
I first thought maybe it was because year 1 have sats next year and reception will have learnt very little before lockdown but that doesnt work because year 5 have sats next year too.
Im wondering if its because those years and ages are the ones who need the most support and input from parents which makes working from home so much harder? Or is it because you could have a secondary age child looking after their 7/8/9/10 year old siblings when their parents return to work but not really the younger ones?
Im interested to see what my childs school have to say, i have a lot of questions for them.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.